applications for wide range 3d measurement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by innovationaddict, Apr 8, 2013.

  1. innovationaddict

    innovationaddict

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Hey :)

    What are possible applications for wide range 3D measurement?

    In the course of a university project we are currently involved in a new technology that captures environments and creates 3D models thereof. The technology offers the following benefits:

    - Captures large areas of up to 32x32ft (or 10x10m)
    - Offers high precision of 0.03" (or 1mm)
    - Detects motions in real-time with up to 1000fps (Response time: 1ms)
    - Offers high resolution of 640x480 (VGA)
    - Works independent of light (both bright and dark light conditions)
    - Is resistent to interference due to HDDM (High Definition Distance Measurement)
    - Is portable (0.8"x0.8")
    - Consumes low power (50mW-500mW)
    - Captures an angle of 180?; when combining two modules 360? would be possible.

    What application fields / problems could be relevant that would require operating in such large areas, at given precision and time resolution? We would be highly interested in applications or problems with focus on a rather large group of users.

    Thank you in advance for your support!
    innovationaddict, Apr 8, 2013

  2. innovationaddict

    innovationaddict

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    We would be very interested to get some insights from experts regarding the technology described above. As mentioned, we are searching for application fields for a infrared 3D sensor which:

    is portable
    can detect movements
    of shapes in very great detail

    Since we are a student team at a business university, we do not have a very deep understanding of all the technical specifications.

    Therefore, we would like to know what application fields come to your mind for such (or a similar) technology. What potential could such an invention have?

    Looking forward to getting to know interesting ideas from you!
    innovationaddict, Apr 11, 2013

  3. innovationaddict

    smile99

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    I would very much like to hear more from you on this subject. You must know by now your article goes to the nitty-gritty of the subject.
    smile99, Oct 13, 2013