    --
    deet
    , Jun 15, 2007

  2. Ingeborg Guest

    <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/166832/en-us>
    Ingeborg, Jun 15, 2007

  3. meerkat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > When I turn my desktop PC on, instead of the Windows98SE desktop
    > with all the icons being displayed, I get several messages regarding
    > various device files which are listed in system or registry, but are
    > not found on my machine. One example is vnetsup.vxd. The error
    > message also says if this was deleted in error, I should reinstall the
    > application it was associated with.
    > I have no idea what this means and what I should do to correct the
    > errors.
    > Your help will be greatly appreciated.

    If you`ve got your 98SE CD, then..
    Go to Run, type in SFC, have the Install CD handy. This should replace any
    corrupted system files.

    bw..
    meerkat, Jun 15, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:14:42 -0500, Ingeborg <> wrote:

    (snip)

    ><http://support.microsoft.com/kb/166832/en-us>

    What a fast answer--I am truly impressed. I am printing out the
    Microsoft KN number, even as I post this reply. Thank you
    so much

    --
    deet
    , Jun 15, 2007