    Synology) that enable me to run the CRM solution at resonable speed.

    Also the sales staff will travel on the road. What functionality should I
    look for in order to allow them to access the CRM system?

    =?Utf-8?B?SWduYXRpdXM=?=, Nov 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SWduYXRpdXM=?=

    BobC Guest

    On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 23:29:01 -0800, Ignatius wrote:

    > We are a small company and are going to have 2 sales staff and 1 operation
    > staff. At present we have a Linksys router WRT54G and print server. Now we
    > plan to have a CRM system on the network so that the sales staff can share
    > the appliction. Can I use the "application server" in the router such as
    > D-Link 624S or the NAS such as Synology instead of implementing Window
    > Server? I am open to use any new router and NAS (not necessary D-Link or
    > Synology) that enable me to run the CRM solution at resonable speed.
    >
    > Also the sales staff will travel on the road. What functionality should I
    > look for in order to allow them to access the CRM system?

    You have a router that will work. Your issue will be selecting a CRM
    application that is a network app. Unless an application is designed as a
    network app, it will not work in the environment you describe. Think of
    Word, Excel, eyc. They are not designed as network apps so will not work as
    such.

    The best solution is to ensure your CRM is a web app. All users can then
    use the app over the web regardless of where they are.

    Good luck with your new company.

    BobC, Nov 10, 2006

  3. Bob,

    Thanks. Is there any factor I should consider for using the NAS comes with
    the router or separate NAS?

    Ignatius

    =?Utf-8?B?SWduYXRpdXM=?=, Nov 12, 2006