    yours thankfully
    john
    marsden.

    john marsden, Feb 18, 2004

  2. john marsden

    Harrison Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:14:58 -0000, "john marsden" <> wrote:

    >i keep getting the following message: msimn-application error
    >
    >the instruction at ( ox 77f83187 ) referenced memory at ( 0x00924438 ) the
    >memory could not be written.
    > click to terminate the program.
    >could anyone please tell me what it means?
    > yours thankfully
    > john
    >marsden.

    Good start!
    Now tell us which operating system you're using, when the error occurs, and if you have made any recent changes to your
    system.
    You can test your memory with a utility found here.
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
    But this is more likely not a physical memory problem.

    Harrison, Feb 18, 2004

  3. john marsden

    john marsden Guest

    i am running windows x. p i wondered if the if this is anything connected
    to the reason i cannot open some web links, i just get a blank page
    john marsden.

    john marsden, Feb 18, 2004
  4. john marsden

    Harrison Guest

    Probably, given the close relation between IE and OE.
    If this is a recently occurring problem, use system restore to roll back the system to a date prior to the problems. It
    would also be a good idea to run a full virus scan and spyware/adware/malware scans as well.
    Make sure you have all available critical updates from Windows Update.

    Some links:

    HOW TO: Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306084

    Antivirus:
    The following are online scanners, courtesy of °Mike°
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

    Spyware/Adware/Malware:
    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and dialers.
    The third one will protect your system from further infection by such diseases.

    Download and run hijackthis from http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    Post back here with your log file if you do not understand what needs to be removed.

    Harrison, Feb 18, 2004
  5. john marsden

    °Mike° Guest

    For starters, your version of OE is way out of date.
    Install the cumulative update for OE and IE, and
    then visit Windows Update.

    Outlook Express
    April 2003, Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express (330994)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/330994/default.asp

    Internet Explorer
    February 2004 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (832894)
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-004.asp

    Windows Update
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:14:58 -0000, in