Applicability of exams introduced since Certified Partner competencyrequirements set

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Ion Freeman, May 13, 2009.

  1. Ion Freeman

    Ion Freeman Guest

    Hi!
    Here's my trouble. We'd like to become Gold Certified Partners, so
    some of us have to take exams. The Data Management Competency
    requirements page* was updated on December 4th; it lists a mix of SQL
    Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 exams. We'd like the exams we take to
    expire as late as possible, so we'd prefer to take 2008 exams. 70-441,
    "Designing Database Solutions by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005" was
    updated by 70-451, " Designing Database Solutions and Data Access
    Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008" in November, according to its
    descriptive page, but that page itself** was updated in February.
    When do y'all think the competency requirement will be updated to
    include the new exam? What would I have to do to have it matter?
    Thanks!
    Ion

    * -- https://partner.microsoft.com/global/program/competencies/msppdmsolutions/dmrequirements
    ** -- http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-451.mspx
    Ion Freeman, May 13, 2009

  2. Re: Applicability of exams introduced since Certified Partner competency requirements set

    "Ion Freeman" <> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    > Here's my trouble. We'd like to become Gold Certified Partners, so
    > some of us have to take exams. The Data Management Competency
    > requirements page* was updated on December 4th; it lists a mix of SQL
    > Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 exams. We'd like the exams we take to
    > expire as late as possible, so we'd prefer to take 2008 exams. 70-441,
    > "Designing Database Solutions by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005" was
    > updated by 70-451, " Designing Database Solutions and Data Access
    > Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008" in November, according to its
    > descriptive page, but that page itself** was updated in February.
    > When do y'all think the competency requirement will be updated to
    > include the new exam?

    This is a question for the Microsoft Partner Program, and is nothing that
    can be answered here.

    You should contact the MPP via the Partner site for information.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], May 13, 2009

  3. Ion Freeman

    Ion Freeman Guest

    Re: Applicability of exams introduced since Certified Partnercompetency requirements set

    Thanks, Lawrence. I have, and they're working on an answer. I was
    hoping someone outside the organization had a useful perspective to
    share.

    Ion Freeman, May 13, 2009