    I cannot find the (config) appletalk network command.
    is there a way I ignore to enable this ?

    thanks.

    nini, Oct 12, 2005

  2. nini

    Sam Wilson Guest

    In article <>,
    nini <> wrote:

    > can someone tells me an easy way to know if my macintosh segment is
    > running phase 1 or 2. I read the doc but the config is differnet from 1
    > phase to another. Do I have to check on the Mac ?
    > also I want to route appletalk traffic, i have 6 6509 with msfc.
    >
    > sh ver ;
    > IOS (tm) MSFC Software (C6MSFC-PSV-M), Version 12.1(19)E1a
    >
    > I cannot find the (config) appletalk network command.
    > is there a way I ignore to enable this ?

    If I've got this right[1] the -PSV- tag means this is a Service
    Provider, IP-only software feature set you have, so no AppleTalk.
    You'd have to upgrade the software to (I think) a Desktop or Enterprise
    feature set to AppleTalk Routing. The Phase 1/Phase 2 distinction is
    mostly irrelevant - I don't know of anything around that is strictly
    Phase 1 these days.

    Sam Wilson
    Network Development Team, Infrastructure Services Division
    Computing Services, The University of Edinburgh
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK

    Sam Wilson, Oct 12, 2005

  3. nini

    nini Guest

    You know where I can find doc related to msfc software version
    (psv-jsv) so that i can explain to the boss..

    nini, Oct 13, 2005
  4. nini

    Sam Wilson Guest

    In article <>,
    nini <> wrote:

    > You know where I can find doc related to msfc software version
    > (psv-jsv) so that i can explain to the boss..

    There used to be a nice colour-coded page explaining the IOS naming
    convention somewhere on www.cisco.com but I can no longer find it. I
    was going to put a footnote in my previous reply to say it had always
    been difficult to find - I once complained to Cisco because their
    search engine didn't find the page even when you gave it the exact
    title!. The closest I can find at the moment is
    <http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/620/1.html> but that isn't going to
    help you because it only refers to the feature set tag for later
    releases, and only by example. In fact there was a major change in the
    way feature sets are packaged from 12.3 onwards. If you look (hard)
    you can find plenty of descriptions of the new convention but I can't
    find anything about the traditional way.

    Cisco are happy to sell you a book about it, however,
    <http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1578701791&rl=1>
    which seems, frankly, utterly pointless since everything changes so
    fast.

    Sorry not to be more help - I suggest you contact your local Cisco
    reseller or Cisco direct.

    Sam

    Sam Wilson, Oct 13, 2005
  5. nini

    Sam Wilson Guest

    In article <>,
    nini <> wrote:

    > You know where I can find doc related to msfc software version
    > (psv-jsv) so that i can explain to the boss..

    Let me follow up by suggesting this:

    <http://www.nag.ru/goodies/docs/ Cisco%20IOS%20Reference%20Guide.PDF>

    Way out of date, but then so is your software... :) You might want to
    snarf a copy before Cisco find it.

    Sam

    Sam Wilson, Oct 13, 2005