    My system is widows xp home, while in a chat room I cannot see the
    profile's, thats all it says is warning Applet window, can someone explain
    to me what it is, and if it is safe how to get around it. Thanks
    viv, Jan 14, 2004

  2. viv

    Rob K Guest

    viv wrote:
    > Hi
    > My system is widows xp home, while in a chat room I cannot see the
    > profile's, thats all it says is warning Applet window, can someone explain
    > to me what it is, and if it is safe how to get around it. Thanks

    It's a start:
    http://www.webopaedia.com/TERM/a/applet.html

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Jan 14, 2004

  3. viv

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:19:37 -0000, "viv" <>
    wrote:
    >Hi
    >My system is widows xp home, while in a chat room I cannot see the
    >profile's, thats all it says is warning Applet window, can someone explain
    >to me what it is, and if it is safe how to get around it. Thanks

    You need Java and Windows XP does not come with it.
    Java Virtual Machine version 5.0.3810
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/software/msjava 3810.exe

    Java Virtual Machine version 5.0.3167
    ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/docmgmt/maestro 6.2/client/3rdparty/msjvm/msjavx86.exe

    NOTE: After installing, go to Windows Update site to bring it up to date!

    Sun's version
    http://java.sun.com/getjava/download.html
    About:
    http://wwws.sun.com/software/java/index.html