Apples vs Oranges

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 23, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Chris Hope Guest

    Chris Hope, Jan 23, 2005

  3. Chris Hope wrote:
    >>For those who always seem to say that you can't compare Windows to
    >>Linux, Windows to Macs etc... Have a read, it's all pretty simple.
    >> http://www.improbable.com/airchives/paperair/volume1/v1i3/air-1-3-apples.html

    > Do you ever do any work? ;)

    from time to time...
    I've automated a lot of what I did when I first started here, so my
    workload has gone down, even though I do more than when I started here...

    I've kinda gone from a very junior network/systems administrator to a
    medium to "fully fledged" network/systems administrator. Still heavily
    anchored in the windows world though for the moment.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 24, 2005
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Chris Hope Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >>>For those who always seem to say that you can't compare Windows to
    >>>Linux, Windows to Macs etc... Have a read, it's all pretty simple.

    http://www.improbable.com/airchives/paperair/volume1/v1i3/air-1-3-apples.html

    >> Do you ever do any work? ;)

    > from time to time...
    > I've automated a lot of what I did when I first started here, so my
    > workload has gone down, even though I do more than when I started
    > here...

    Well done. I hope they pay you more!

    Chris Hope, Jan 24, 2005
  5. Chris Hope wrote:
    >>>Do you ever do any work? ;)

    >>from time to time...
    >>I've automated a lot of what I did when I first started here, so my
    >>workload has gone down, even though I do more than when I started
    >>here...

    > Well done. I hope they pay you more!

    they do... thats why Im still here... that and the really fast net
    connection :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 24, 2005
  6. On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:16:49 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >>>For those who always seem to say that you can't compare Windows to
    >>>Linux, Windows to Macs etc... Have a read, it's all pretty simple.
    >>> http://www.improbable.com/airchives/paperair/volume1/v1i3/air-1-3-apples.html

    >> Do you ever do any work? ;)

    > from time to time...
    > I've automated a lot of what I did when I first started here, so my
    > workload has gone down, even though I do more than when I started here...
    >
    > I've kinda gone from a very junior network/systems administrator to a
    > medium to "fully fledged" network/systems administrator. Still heavily
    > anchored in the windows world though for the moment.

    Lok going from a small coffee cup to a large mug doesn't count as
    advancement ;-)

    wogers nemesis, Jan 24, 2005
  7. wogers nemesis wrote:
    >>I've kinda gone from a very junior network/systems administrator to a
    >>medium to "fully fledged" network/systems administrator. Still heavily
    >>anchored in the windows world though for the moment.

    > Lok going from a small coffee cup to a large mug doesn't count as
    > advancement ;-)

    well the pay is certainly better :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 24, 2005
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Italian Jobs Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:15:40 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >wogers nemesis wrote:
    >>>I've kinda gone from a very junior network/systems administrator to a
    >>>medium to "fully fledged" network/systems administrator. Still heavily
    >>>anchored in the windows world though for the moment.

    >> Lok going from a small coffee cup to a large mug doesn't count as
    >> advancement ;-)

    >well the pay is certainly better :)

    You go girl ... guy...

    Italian Jobs, Jan 25, 2005