  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Price has already been cut in half for it.

    RichA, Oct 5, 2013

  2. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > Price has already been cut in half for it.

    no it hasn't.

    all that changed is it's $50 off the *subsidized* price. the
    unsubsidized price is still exactly the same.

    if you pay the subsidized price, you will have to sign up for a 2 year
    contract, which means that at the end of the 2 years, you've saved $50,
    or about one month of service (depending on the plan).

    the 5s is the top selling phone on all four carriers in the usa in the
    past couple of weeks. the 5c is the second best selling phone on at&t
    and sprint and third on verizon and t-mobile, according to genuity.

    <http://cdn1.appleinsider.com/canaccord-sept13-20131004.png>

    but when has facts mattered to your idiotic posts.

    nospam, Oct 5, 2013

  3. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <2013100514411450878-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    > Everybody wants the more expensive iPhone 5S with what that has to
    > offer. Those they can't build fast enough to meet demand.

    except that the 5c is the 2nd or 3rd best selling phone in usa in the
    past 2 weeks, depending on carrier.

    so not 'everybody' wants the 5s. a lot of people want the 5c too.

    nospam, Oct 5, 2013
  4. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/5/2013 6:14 PM, nospam wrote:
    > In article <2013100514411450878-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
    > Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Everybody wants the more expensive iPhone 5S with what that has to
    >> offer. Those they can't build fast enough to meet demand.

    > except that the 5c is the 2nd or 3rd best selling phone in usa in the
    > past 2 weeks, depending on carrier.
    >
    > so not 'everybody' wants the 5s. a lot of people want the 5c too.

    Everybody doesn't buy what they want.

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Oct 5, 2013
  5. RichA

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 18:14:29 -0400, nospam <>
    wrote:

    >In article <2013100514411450878-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
    >Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Everybody wants the more expensive iPhone 5S with what that has to
    >> offer. Those they can't build fast enough to meet demand.

    >except that the 5c is the 2nd or 3rd best selling phone in usa in the
    >past 2 weeks, depending on carrier.
    >
    >so not 'everybody' wants the 5s. a lot of people want the 5c too.

    Once again, you break me up. Of all the people who post here, you are
    the most likely to use "everybody" to mean "quite a few people". Yet,
    when someone else uses the same hyperbolic term, you gainsay the
    usage.

    The Duck should tell you that you're "twisting" things or arguing just
    to argue.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

    Tony Cooper, Oct 5, 2013
  6. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    > >> Everybody wants the more expensive iPhone 5S with what that has to
    > >> offer. Those they can't build fast enough to meet demand.

    > > except that the 5c is the 2nd or 3rd best selling phone in usa in the
    > > past 2 weeks, depending on carrier.
    > >
    > > so not 'everybody' wants the 5s. a lot of people want the 5c too.

    > Everybody doesn't buy what they want.

    nobody is forcing anyone to buy iphones or any other smartphone. they
    are doing so out of their own free will.

    there are other choices than just a 5s or 5c, including the galaxy s4,
    htc one, moto x and lumia 1020, or even flip phones.

    nospam, Oct 6, 2013
  7. RichA

    David Harper Guest

    "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    > On 2013.10.05 18:50 , Tony Cooper wrote:
    >
    >> when someone else uses the same hyperbolic term, you gainsay the
    >> usage.

    > I haven't seen 'gainsay' used in decades.

    It is a perfectly cromulent word.

    - David Harper

    David Harper, Oct 6, 2013
  8. RichA

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 18:53:39 -0400, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:

    >On 2013.10.05 18:50 , Tony Cooper wrote:
    >
    >> when someone else uses the same hyperbolic term, you gainsay the
    >> usage.

    >I haven't seen 'gainsay' used in decades.

    What can I say? I'm decades old. I don't throw out good words
    just because they're old.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

    Tony Cooper, Oct 6, 2013
  9. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/5/2013 7:11 PM, nospam wrote:

    >>> except that the 5c is the 2nd or 3rd best selling phone in usa in the
    >>> past 2 weeks, depending on carrier.
    >>>
    >>> so not 'everybody' wants the 5s. a lot of people want the 5c too.

    >> Everybody doesn't buy what they want.

    > nobody is forcing anyone to buy iphones or any other smartphone. they
    > are doing so out of their own free will.

    Just where did I say anybody is forcing anything?

    > there are other choices than just a 5s or 5c, including the galaxy s4,
    > htc one, moto x and lumia 1020, or even flip phones.

    Irrelevant
    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Oct 6, 2013
  10. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Saturday, October 5, 2013 5:41:14 PM UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-10-05 14:05:14 -0700, RichA <> said:
    >

    > > Price has already been cut in half for it.

    > Everybody wants the more expensive iPhone 5S with what that has to
    >
    > offer. Those they can't build fast enough to meet demand.
    >

    > For now I am sticking with my iP4S.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    >

    > Savageduck

    Someone else said this. Aren't iPhone users obliged to "buy up" about every six months?

    RichA, Oct 6, 2013
  11. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 20:32:45 -0400, Tony Cooper <>
    wrote:
    : On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 18:53:39 -0400, Alan Browne
    : <> wrote:
    :
    : >On 2013.10.05 18:50 , Tony Cooper wrote:
    : >
    : >> when someone else uses the same hyperbolic term, you gainsay the
    : >> usage.
    : >
    : >I haven't seen 'gainsay' used in decades.
    :
    : What can I say? I'm decades old. I don't throw out good words
    : just because they're old.

    "In words, as fashions, the same rule will hold:
    Alike fantastic if too new or old.
    Be not the first by whom the new are tried,
    Nor yet the last to lay the old aside."

    - Alexander Pope

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Oct 6, 2013
  12. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    In article <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > Price has already been cut in half for it.

    Nope.

    --
    Sandman[.net]

    Sandman, Oct 6, 2013
  13. RichA

    android Guest

    In article <CE76E21B.A2333%>,
    George Kerby <> wrote:

    > On 10/5/13 8:45 PM, in article
    > , "RichA"
    > <> wrote:

    > >> Everybody wants the more expensive iPhone 5S with what that has to
    > >>
    > >> offer. Those they can't build fast enough to meet demand.
    > >>

    > >> For now I am sticking with my iP4S.
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Regards,
    > >>

    > >> Savageduck

    > > Someone else said this. Aren't iPhone users obliged to "buy up" about every
    > > six months?

    > Much like you always buying all sorts of brands of camera equipment and
    > bitching?
    >
    > Definitively! You did not know about the Secret Pact that users of Apple
    > products are forced to sign with their own blood that obligates them to do
    > so, otherwise they must sacrifice their first born to the Cupertino
    > Cataclysm Altar?!? Shhhh- you didn't hear it from me, OK!?!

    My Motorola TimePort features WAP... Just wanted you to know that! ;-p
    --
    teleportation kills

    android, Oct 6, 2013
  14. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > Someone else said this. Aren't iPhone users obliged to "buy up" about every six months?

    what ever gave you that ridiculous idea???

    iphones are like any other cellphone, either subsidized with a 2 year
    contract or unsubsidized for more money and no contract (and also
    usually unlocked).

    upgrades are *always* optional and the price will vary, depending on
    how far into the contract (if any) you are.

    nospam, Oct 6, 2013
  15. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    > >> Everybody doesn't buy what they want.

    > > nobody is forcing anyone to buy iphones or any other smartphone. they
    > > are doing so out of their own free will.

    > Just where did I say anybody is forcing anything?

    then what's stopping them from getting what they want?

    if they want an iphone, they buy one, if they want something else, they
    buy the something else.

    > > there are other choices than just a 5s or 5c, including the galaxy s4,
    > > htc one, moto x and lumia 1020, or even flip phones.
    > >

    > Irrelevant

    it's exactly relevant.

    nospam, Oct 6, 2013
  16. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/6/2013 1:05 PM, nospam wrote:

    >>> nobody is forcing anyone to buy iphones or any other smartphone. they
    >>> are doing so out of their own free will.

    >> Just where did I say anybody is forcing anything?

    > then what's stopping them from getting what they want?
    >
    > if they want an iphone, they buy one, if they want something else, they
    > buy the something else.

    Answer the question. Where did I talk about forceing anybody.

    Your answer is irrelevant to my question.

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Oct 6, 2013
  17. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    > >> Just where did I say anybody is forcing anything?

    > > then what's stopping them from getting what they want?
    > >
    > > if they want an iphone, they buy one, if they want something else, they
    > > buy the something else.

    > Answer the question. Where did I talk about forceing anybody.

    then what did you mean by everybody doesn't buy what they want?

    if they want something, they buy it. if they don't, they don't.

    nospam, Oct 6, 2013
  18. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/6/2013 1:31 PM, nospam wrote:

    >>> then what's stopping them from getting what they want?
    >>>
    >>> if they want an iphone, they buy one, if they want something else, they
    >>> buy the something else.

    >> Answer the question. Where did I talk about forceing anybody.

    > then what did you mean by everybody doesn't buy what they want?
    >
    > if they want something, they buy it. if they don't, they don't.

    So in your universe, everybody buys what they want. I see.

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Oct 6, 2013
  19. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    > >> Answer the question. Where did I talk about forceing anybody.

    > > then what did you mean by everybody doesn't buy what they want?
    > >
    > > if they want something, they buy it. if they don't, they don't.

    > So in your universe, everybody buys what they want. I see.

    in what universe do they buy what they don't want? why would they do
    that willingly?

    nospam, Oct 6, 2013
  20. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/6/2013 2:30 PM, nospam wrote:

    >>> then what did you mean by everybody doesn't buy what they want?
    >>>
    >>> if they want something, they buy it. if they don't, they don't.

    >> So in your universe, everybody buys what they want. I see.

    > in what universe do they buy what they don't want? why would they do
    > that willingly?

    You still have not answered my question.
    Just where did I mention forcing.

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Oct 6, 2013