    thing is going to consume. Lets say "video chatting," a key feature
    of the new iPad takes off. What do you suppose the cost/month for
    this will be when the texting-mad morons decide to adopt it?
    RichA, Mar 2, 2011

  2. RichA

    SMS Guest

    On 3/2/2011 7:57 AM, RichA wrote:
    > "Oooo the Apple iPad is cheaper than its competition!!!" So F------
    > what? Worrying about whether the device is cheaper is like worrying
    > about the cost of a 40kph-over speeding ticket. The cost of the
    > device/ticket is MINOR compared to the cost of the airtime that the
    > thing is going to consume. Lets say "video chatting," a key feature
    > of the new iPad takes off. What do you suppose the cost/month for
    > this will be when the texting-mad morons decide to adopt it?

    The top selling iPads are the ones without 3G, so the cost/month for
    video chatting is not going to be an issue for those iPads.

    Even the 3G/4G Android tablets from Verizon require only one month of a
    data plan, then you can cancel and go back to Wi-Fi only.

    Not sure where you are, but in my area there is so much free Wi-Fi
    around that it'd be rather ridiculous to pay for 3G/4G unless you really
    needed to use the tablet while in a car, train, or bus.

    What I like about my Droid on PagePlus is that in the rare cases where
    Wi-Fi isn't available I have the option for pay as you go 3G data, or I
    can sign up for a $30 monthly plan of 1200 voice minutes, 2000 messages
    (text or multimedia), and 100MB of data. If you're not doing things like
    watching videos over 3G, or uploading/downloading high-resolution photos
    over 3G, that 100MB can last a long time. But you need the discipline to
    wait for Wi-Fi before doing bandwidth intensive activities if you want
    to not spend a lot on 3G data.

    And of course the iPad is not really cheaper than the Xoom if you
    compare feature to feature and take into account the extra features the
    Xoom has. Some of that will change today. Perhaps the iPad2 will have an
    LTE version. It's certain to have two cameras and a dual core processor
    like the Xoom. Hopefully an SD or MicroSD slot so you don't have to use
    that funky connectivity kit. But unlikely to have a USB port or Flash
    support.
    SMS, Mar 2, 2011

  3. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > "Oooo the Apple iPad is cheaper than its competition!!!" So F------
    > what? Worrying about whether the device is cheaper is like worrying
    > about the cost of a 40kph-over speeding ticket.

    had it been more expensive, you'd be whining about how expensive apple
    products are.

    > The cost of the
    > device/ticket is MINOR compared to the cost of the airtime that the
    > thing is going to consume. Lets say "video chatting," a key feature
    > of the new iPad takes off. What do you suppose the cost/month for
    > this will be when the texting-mad morons decide to adopt it?

    it will cost absolutely nothing extra. facetime (and everything else on
    the ipad) works over wifi. 3g is *optional* and it's pay as you go.
    there is no monthly contract, like with competing tablets.
    nospam, Mar 2, 2011
  4. RichA

    Richard Guest

    RichA wrote:
    > "Oooo the Apple iPad is cheaper than its competition!!!" So F------
    > what? Worrying about whether the device is cheaper is like worrying
    > about the cost of a 40kph-over speeding ticket. The cost of the
    > device/ticket is MINOR compared to the cost of the airtime that the
    > thing is going to consume. Lets say "video chatting," a key feature
    > of the new iPad takes off. What do you suppose the cost/month for
    > this will be when the texting-mad morons decide to adopt it?

    Forgrt about the tablets. Just keep taking the pills.
    Richard, Mar 2, 2011
  5. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote:
    >RichA wrote:
    >> "Oooo the Apple iPad is cheaper than its competition!!!" So F------
    >> what? Worrying about whether the device is cheaper is like worrying
    >> about the cost of a 40kph-over speeding ticket. The cost of the
    >> device/ticket is MINOR compared to the cost of the airtime that the
    >> thing is going to consume. Lets say "video chatting," a key feature
    >> of the new iPad takes off. What do you suppose the cost/month for
    >> this will be when the texting-mad morons decide to adopt it?

    >Forget about the tablets. Just keep taking the pills.

    If only Apple had employed Rich some years back.

    By now, Apple might well have become one of the world's most
    successful companies.
    Bruce, Mar 2, 2011
  6. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 2, 11:09 am, George Kerby <> wrote:
    > On 3/2/11 9:57 AM, in article
    > , "RichA"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > "Oooo the Apple iPad is cheaper than its competition!!!"  So F------
    > > what?  Worrying about whether the device is cheaper is like worrying
    > > about the cost of a 40kph-over speeding ticket.  The cost of the
    > > device/ticket is MINOR compared to the cost of the airtime that the
    > > thing is going to consume.  Lets say "video chatting," a key feature
    > > of the new iPad takes off.  What do you suppose the cost/month for
    > > this will be when the texting-mad morons decide to adopt it?

    > You are sooooooooo pissed about ANYTHING AAPL, RichTard.
    >
    > I told you four years ago to pull your dough out of MSFT and buy all the
    > AAPL that you could.
    >
    > Did you listen? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You knew it all and NOW you are
    > nothing but a dried up bitter old turd circling the toilet bowl...

    Apple fan; noted.
    RichA, Mar 2, 2011
  7. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 2, 11:59 am, nospam <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > > "Oooo the Apple iPad is cheaper than its competition!!!"  So F------
    > > what?  Worrying about whether the device is cheaper is like worrying
    > > about the cost of a 40kph-over speeding ticket.

    > had it been more expensive, you'd be whining about how expensive apple
    > products are.
    >
    > > The cost of the
    > > device/ticket is MINOR compared to the cost of the airtime that the
    > > thing is going to consume.  Lets say "video chatting," a key feature
    > > of the new iPad takes off.  What do you suppose the cost/month for
    > > this will be when the texting-mad morons decide to adopt it?

    > it will cost absolutely nothing extra. facetime (and everything else on
    > the ipad) works over wifi. 3g is *optional* and it's pay as you go.
    > there is no monthly contract, like with competing tablets.

    Did we suddenly get transported into a world where Wifi is omnipresent
    AND free?
    RichA, Mar 2, 2011
  8. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 2, 1:37 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > "Richard" <> wrote:
    > >RichA wrote:
    > >> "Oooo the Apple iPad is cheaper than its competition!!!"  So F------
    > >> what?  Worrying about whether the device is cheaper is like worrying
    > >> about the cost of a 40kph-over speeding ticket.  The cost of the
    > >> device/ticket is MINOR compared to the cost of the airtime that the
    > >> thing is going to consume.  Lets say "video chatting," a key feature
    > >> of the new iPad takes off.  What do you suppose the cost/month for
    > >> this will be when the texting-mad morons decide to adopt it?

    > >Forget about the tablets. Just keep taking the pills.

    > If only Apple had employed Rich some years back.
    >
    > By now, Apple might well have become one of the world's most
    > successful companies.

    Yes, no one ever went broke targeting an audience of sheep.
    RichA, Mar 2, 2011
  9. RichA

    charles Guest

    On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 14:11:25 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >On Mar 2, 1:37 pm, Bruce <> wrote:

    >> >Forget about the tablets. Just keep taking the pills.

    >> If only Apple had employed Rich some years back.
    >>
    >> By now, Apple might well have become one of the world's most
    >> successful companies.

    >Yes, no one ever went broke targeting an audience of sheep.

    There you go, you have just developed your business plan. Now
    implement it.
    charles, Mar 2, 2011
  10. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > > > The cost of the
    > > > device/ticket is MINOR compared to the cost of the airtime that the
    > > > thing is going to consume.  Lets say "video chatting," a key feature
    > > > of the new iPad takes off.  What do you suppose the cost/month for
    > > > this will be when the texting-mad morons decide to adopt it?

    > > it will cost absolutely nothing extra. facetime (and everything else on
    > > the ipad) works over wifi. 3g is *optional* and it's pay as you go.
    > > there is no monthly contract, like with competing tablets.

    > Did we suddenly get transported into a world where Wifi is omnipresent
    > AND free?

    nope. we've been in it for quite a while. wifi is not that hard to
    find, including for free.
    nospam, Mar 2, 2011
  11. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Mar 2, 1:37 pm, Bruce <> wrote:

    >> >Forget about the tablets. Just keep taking the pills.

    >> If only Apple had employed Rich some years back.
    >>
    >> By now, Apple might well have become one of the world's most
    >> successful companies.

    >Yes, no one ever went broke targeting an audience of sheep.

    Just remember this, Rich: Apple has achieved its massive success
    without ever listening to a single word of advice from you.
    Bruce, Mar 3, 2011
  12. RichA

    Rich Guest

    On Mar 2, 7:45 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:

    > >> If only Apple had employed Rich some years back.

    > >> By now, Apple might well have become one of the world's most
    > >> successful companies.

    > >Yes, no one ever went broke targeting an audience of sheep.

    > Just remember this, Rich: Apple has achieved its massive success
    > without ever listening to a single word of advice from you.

    Lets hope the body of that new, thin iPad is metal, otherwise, one
    small twist, and CRACK! LCD's still have glass screens.
    Rich, Mar 3, 2011
  13. RichA

    Rich Guest

    On Mar 2, 6:13 pm, George Kerby <> wrote:
    > On 3/2/11 5:02 PM, in article 020320111502325749%,
    >

    > "nospam" <> wrote:
    > > In article
    > > <>,

    > >> Did we suddenly get transported into a world where Wifi is omnipresent
    > >> AND free?

    > > nope. we've been in it for quite a while. wifi is not that hard to
    > > find, including for free.

    > Not in the Canadian slums. It's SO 'unfair'!

    We don't really have slums, or trailer parks. We aren't the U.S.
    Rich, Mar 3, 2011
  14. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 21:36:59 -0800 (PST), Rich <>
    wrote:

    >On Mar 2, 6:13 pm, George Kerby <> wrote:
    >> On 3/2/11 5:02 PM, in article 020320111502325749%,
    >>

    >> "nospam" <> wrote:
    >> > In article
    >> > <>,

    >> > nope. we've been in it for quite a while. wifi is not that hard to
    >> > find, including for free.

    >> Not in the Canadian slums. It's SO 'unfair'!

    >We don't really have slums,

    No, not for "white" people. The Indian reservations, though, are
    quite another story.

    >or trailer parks.

    Of course not. In Canada, they are "mobile home parks". A
    double-wide is a double-wide no matter what park name says.
    http://www.mobileparks.com/listings_bc.html

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Mar 3, 2011
  15. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    >On Mar 2, 7:45 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    >> Just remember this, Rich: Apple has achieved its massive success
    >> without ever listening to a single word of advice from you.

    >Lets hope the body of that new, thin iPad is metal, otherwise, one
    >small twist, and CRACK! LCD's still have glass screens.

    Apple sold 15 million iPads without ever listening to a single word of
    advice from you, Rich.
    Bruce, Mar 3, 2011
  16. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 3, 3:44 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > Rich <> wrote:
    > >On Mar 2, 7:45 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > >> Just remember this, Rich: Apple has achieved its massive success
    > >> without ever listening to a single word of advice from you.

    > >Lets hope the body of that new, thin iPad is metal, otherwise, one
    > >small twist, and CRACK!  LCD's still have glass screens.

    > Apple sold 15 million iPads without ever listening to a single word of
    > advice from you, Rich.

    Like the Pet Rock.
    RichA, Mar 3, 2011
  17. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 3, 3:24 am, Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 21:35:37 -0800 (PST), Rich <>
    > wrote:

    > >> Just remember this, Rich: Apple has achieved its massive success
    > >> without ever listening to a single word of advice from you.

    > >Lets hope the body of that new, thin iPad is metal, otherwise, one
    > >small twist, and CRACK!  LCD's still have glass screens.

    > Not in the smaller sizes (say under 30") where they are more likely to
    > be plastic.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Eric Stevens

    Apple uses a glass cover in its iPads.

    http://store.apple.com/us/question/answers/product/MC361ZM/B?pqid=Q9HF4DPATTP7CJPCKTP2K972JH7DHX9PJ
    RichA, Mar 3, 2011
  18. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Mar 3, 5:35 am, Rich <> wrote:
    > On Mar 2, 7:45 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    >

    > > RichA <> wrote:

    > > >Yes, no one ever went broke targeting an audience of sheep.

    > > Just remember this, Rich: Apple has achieved its massive success
    > > without ever listening to a single word of advice from you.

    > Lets hope the body of that new, thin iPad is metal, otherwise, one
    > small twist, and CRACK!  LCD's still have glass screens.

    Yeah you're right, would you suggest they make LCD screens out of
    wood ?
    You do know that LCD screens need to be transparent
    Whisky-dave, Mar 3, 2011
  19. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Mar 3, 3:44 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    >> Rich <> wrote:

    >> >Lets hope the body of that new, thin iPad is metal, otherwise, one
    >> >small twist, and CRACK!  LCD's still have glass screens.

    >> Apple sold 15 million iPads without ever listening to a single word of
    >> advice from you, Rich.

    >Like the Pet Rock.

    If it sells, it is a successful product. I have yet to see any good
    ideas from you for successful products - ones that will sell.

    (Moaning and whining about products doesn't count as a good idea.)
    Bruce, Mar 3, 2011
  20. RichA

    Peter N Guest

    On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 07:57:58 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    wrote:
    > "Oooo the Apple iPad is cheaper than its competition!!!" So F------
    > what? Worrying about whether the device is cheaper is like worrying
    > about the cost of a 40kph-over speeding ticket. The cost of the
    > device/ticket is MINOR compared to the cost of the airtime that the
    > thing is going to consume. Lets say "video chatting," a key feature
    > of the new iPad takes off. What do you suppose the cost/month for
    > this will be when the texting-mad morons decide to adopt it?

    The most brilliant move made by them was not hiring you.

    --
    from my Droid
    Peter N, Mar 3, 2011