    Full list at http://store.apple.com/nz/browse/holiday/shopping_event

    In past years some other local shops (e.g. PBTech) have their own Black
    Friday Sales, but I haven't found any advertised yet.

    Your Name, Nov 24, 2011

  2. Your Name

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:40:48 +1300, (Your Name)
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >Apple's webstore is runing their annual Black Friday Sale today (the day
    >after Thanksgiving in America) with slightly lower prices on many items
    >for today only.
    >
    >Examples:
    > - iPad2, save NZ$61
    > - MacBook Air, Mac Book Pro and iMac, save NZ$161
    > - Microsoft Office Family Pack, save NZ$40
    >
    >Full list at http://store.apple.com/nz/browse/holiday/shopping_event
    >
    >In past years some other local shops (e.g. PBTech) have their own Black
    >Friday Sales, but I haven't found any advertised yet.

    I received the following in their email-newsletter:

    Dear VIP Customer,

    OK man and women, this Friday is the BIG Black Friday and here is the
    deal.

    ü 6:00PM to 10:00PM the sale is on!

    ü All Auckland stores and Hamilton.

    ü Everything is discounted, even the cables.

    ü The prices are our best wholesale price (that’s the guys who buy
    heaps from us)

    ü You only have to buy one to get the price, in fact you can only buy
    2 of anything

    ü Must be paid for at the cashiers (no accounts please)

    ü Maximum of $2000 per customer, so don’t bring the truck

    ü The stores will close at 5PM sharp for re-pricing

    ü Our website will offer the specials, but stock can only be
    allocated after the sale, so we cannot guarantee the order can be
    fulfilled

    Donchano, Nov 24, 2011

  3. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    In article <>, Mutlley
    <> wrote:
    > (Your Name) wrote:
    > >
    > >Apple's webstore is runing their annual Black Friday Sale today (the day
    > >after Thanksgiving in America) with slightly lower prices on many items
    > >for today only.
    > >
    > >Examples:
    > > - iPad2, save NZ$61
    > > - MacBook Air, Mac Book Pro and iMac, save NZ$161
    > > - Microsoft Office Family Pack, save NZ$40
    > >
    > >Full list at http://store.apple.com/nz/browse/holiday/shopping_event
    > >
    > >In past years some other local shops (e.g. PBTech) have their own Black
    > >Friday Sales, but I haven't found any advertised yet.

    > Try http://www.pbtech.co.nz/. Full of it..

    I did quickly look there this morning, but didn't have time to wait for it
    to fully load ... typically the advert for the sale is the very last thing
    to display in my web browser. As Donchano's junk email from them says,
    it's not until 6:00pm tonight though and webstore orders may not be
    fulfilled if they run out of stock in-store.

    Your Name, Nov 25, 2011
  4. Your Name

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 13:37:28 +1300, (Your Name)
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >In article <>, Mutlley
    ><> wrote:
    >> (Your Name) wrote:
    >> >
    >> >Apple's webstore is runing their annual Black Friday Sale today (the day
    >> >after Thanksgiving in America) with slightly lower prices on many items
    >> >for today only.
    >> >
    >> >Examples:
    >> > - iPad2, save NZ$61
    >> > - MacBook Air, Mac Book Pro and iMac, save NZ$161
    >> > - Microsoft Office Family Pack, save NZ$40
    >> >
    >> >Full list at http://store.apple.com/nz/browse/holiday/shopping_event
    >> >
    >> >In past years some other local shops (e.g. PBTech) have their own Black
    >> >Friday Sales, but I haven't found any advertised yet.

    >> Try http://www.pbtech.co.nz/. Full of it..

    >I did quickly look there this morning, but didn't have time to wait for it
    >to fully load ... typically the advert for the sale is the very last thing
    >to display in my web browser. As Donchano's junk email from them says,
    >it's not until 6:00pm tonight though and webstore orders may not be
    >fulfilled if they run out of stock in-store.

    Actually, it wasn't junk email (eg: unsolicited advertising). I signed
    up for their e-news and have been able to benefit from some excellent
    offers.

    Donchano, Nov 25, 2011
  5. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    In article <>, Donchano
    <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 13:37:28 +1300, (Your Name)
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    > >In article <>, Mutlley
    > ><> wrote:

    > >> Try http://www.pbtech.co.nz/. Full of it..

    > >I did quickly look there this morning, but didn't have time to wait for it
    > >to fully load ... typically the advert for the sale is the very last thing
    > >to display in my web browser. As Donchano's junk email from them says,
    > >it's not until 6:00pm tonight though and webstore orders may not be
    > >fulfilled if they run out of stock in-store.

    > Actually, it wasn't junk email (eg: unsolicited advertising). I signed
    > up for their e-news and have been able to benefit from some excellent
    > offers.

    Tehcnically you're correct, but it's easier just to term all advertising
    mail / email as "junk mail". The useless pillocks at the Vodafone NZ ISP
    simply delete all emails THEY think are junk / spam with zero chance of
    retrieving them, which includes some advertising emails you may have
    actually signed up for. :-(

    Your Name, Nov 25, 2011
  6. Your Name

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:48:41 +1300, (Your Name)
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >In article <>, Donchano
    ><> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 13:37:28 +1300, (Your Name)
    >> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >> >I did quickly look there this morning, but didn't have time to wait for it
    >> >to fully load ... typically the advert for the sale is the very last thing
    >> >to display in my web browser. As Donchano's junk email from them says,
    >> >it's not until 6:00pm tonight though and webstore orders may not be
    >> >fulfilled if they run out of stock in-store.

    >> Actually, it wasn't junk email (eg: unsolicited advertising). I signed
    >> up for their e-news and have been able to benefit from some excellent
    >> offers.

    >Tehcnically you're correct, but it's easier just to term all advertising
    >mail / email as "junk mail". The useless pillocks at the Vodafone NZ ISP
    >simply delete all emails THEY think are junk / spam with zero chance of
    >retrieving them, which includes some advertising emails you may have
    >actually signed up for. :-(

    That's why I pay around USD40.00 a year to use a private email service
    called Fastmail. After the Xtra-Yahoo Bubble fiasco that marked
    several hundred legitimate emails as SPAM and experiencing ongoing
    problems after Xtra turned its customer's email over to Yahoo, I
    discovered what excellent email service was. I still use XTRA as my
    ISP - but I'd never trust them again with my email.

    Donchano, Nov 25, 2011
  7. Your Name

    Enkidu Guest

    On 25/11/11 09:40, Your Name wrote:
    > Apple's webstore is runing their annual Black Friday Sale today (the day
    > after Thanksgiving in America) with slightly lower prices on many items
    > for today only.
    >
    > Examples:
    > - iPad2, save NZ$61

    That's like 3 or 4 % at the most. A minor price cut on overpriced
    hardware. Whoop-de-doo.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Nov 25, 2011
  8. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    In article <4ed02bb8$>, Enkidu <cliffp@bogus> wrote:
    > On 25/11/11 09:40, Your Name wrote:
    > >
    > > Apple's webstore is runing their annual Black Friday Sale today (the day
    > > after Thanksgiving in America) with slightly lower prices on many items
    > > for today only.
    > >
    > > Examples:
    > > - iPad2, save NZ$61

    > That's like 3 or 4 % at the most. A minor price cut on overpriced
    > hardware. Whoop-de-doo.

    In reality it's closer to 10%, and it's the only time of year that Apple
    reduces their prices. Even places like Dick Smith who have an occasional
    Apple sale (or 10% off) on current equipment don't include the iPad /
    iPhone / iPod.

    As for Apple equipment being "over-priced", that's an ancient myth.

    But you believe wantever nonsense you want to delude yourself with. :-\

    Your Name, Nov 26, 2011