Apple Safari for Windows

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2007.

  1. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2007

  2. Old Gringo wrote:
    > S C R E A M S ! ! !

    If it weans more people from the MS application tit, more power to it.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 17, 2007

  3. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About 17 Jun 2007 02:21:49 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    Thinking Twice, Blinky the Shark Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> S C R E A M S ! ! !

    > If it weans more people from the MS application tit, more power to it.

    I have been constantly pissing and moaning about my AT&T Yahoo
    connection of 6016, mostly to myself, and now I believe it is all the
    browser. No other browser loads pages as fast as Safari. I have
    tried damn rear all of them. I am getting 80mb faster speed test
    results and all pages so far load in the blink of an eye. I'm sold.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

    Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2007
  4. Old Gringo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > On Or About 17 Jun 2007 02:21:49 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    > Thinking Twice, Blinky the Shark Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    > wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >
    >> Old Gringo wrote:
    >>> S C R E A M S ! ! !

    >> If it weans more people from the MS application tit, more power to it.

    > I have been constantly pissing and moaning about my AT&T Yahoo
    > connection of 6016, mostly to myself, and now I believe it is all the
    > browser. No other browser loads pages as fast as Safari. I have
    > tried damn rear all of them. I am getting 80mb faster speed test
    > results and all pages so far load in the blink of an eye. I'm sold.

    Now THAT'S a recommendation I trust. I think I'll give it a whirl...

    WhzzKdd, Jun 17, 2007
  5. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:56:46 -0700, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, WhzzKdd Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> On Or About 17 Jun 2007 02:21:49 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    >> Thinking Twice, Blinky the Shark Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    >> wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    >>> If it weans more people from the MS application tit, more power to it.

    >> I have been constantly pissing and moaning about my AT&T Yahoo
    >> connection of 6016, mostly to myself, and now I believe it is all the
    >> browser. No other browser loads pages as fast as Safari. I have
    >> tried damn rear all of them. I am getting 80mb faster speed test
    >> results and all pages so far load in the blink of an eye. I'm sold.

    > Now THAT'S a recommendation I trust. I think I'll give it a whirl...
    >
    >> --
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    >> 6/16/2007 9:35:08 PM CST

    It's rather plain Jane in appearance but it's fast.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    6/16/2007 10:11:09 PM CST

    Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2007
  6. Old Gringo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> On Or About 17 Jun 2007 02:21:49 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    >> Thinking Twice, Blinky the Shark Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    >> wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    >>> If it weans more people from the MS application tit, more power to it.

    >> I have been constantly pissing and moaning about my AT&T Yahoo
    >> connection of 6016, mostly to myself, and now I believe it is all the
    >> browser. No other browser loads pages as fast as Safari. I have
    >> tried damn rear all of them. I am getting 80mb faster speed test
    >> results and all pages so far load in the blink of an eye. I'm sold.

    > Now THAT'S a recommendation I trust. I think I'll give it a whirl...

    The beta version is not ready for primetime Vista yet. The menus and other
    text is missing. Totally. Some text in web pages is missing. I uninstalled
    and reinstalled with the same results.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 17, 2007
  7. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Sat, 16 Jun 2007 20:20:00 -0700, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, WhzzKdd Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Or About 17 Jun 2007 02:21:49 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    >>> Thinking Twice, Blinky the Shark Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And

    >>> I have been constantly pissing and moaning about my AT&T Yahoo
    >>> connection of 6016, mostly to myself, and now I believe it is all the
    >>> browser. No other browser loads pages as fast as Safari. I have
    >>> tried damn rear all of them. I am getting 80mb faster speed test
    >>> results and all pages so far load in the blink of an eye. I'm sold.

    >> Now THAT'S a recommendation I trust. I think I'll give it a whirl...
    >>

    > The beta version is not ready for primetime Vista yet. The menus and other
    > text is missing. Totally. Some text in web pages is missing. I uninstalled
    > and reinstalled with the same results.

    Damn sorry about that. Hope it's ready soon for Vista.
    No problems with XP.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    6/16/2007 10:22:06 PM CST

    Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2007
  8. WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> On Or About 17 Jun 2007 02:21:49 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    >> Thinking Twice, Blinky the Shark Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    >> wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    >>> If it weans more people from the MS application tit, more power to it.

    >> I have been constantly pissing and moaning about my AT&T Yahoo
    >> connection of 6016, mostly to myself, and now I believe it is all the
    >> browser. No other browser loads pages as fast as Safari. I have
    >> tried damn rear all of them. I am getting 80mb faster speed test
    >> results and all pages so far load in the blink of an eye. I'm sold.

    > Now THAT'S a recommendation I trust. I think I'll give it a whirl...

    In your highly wooded condition don't lose sight of it still being in
    beta. Major application in beta + Windows = scary :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 17, 2007
  9. WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Or About 17 Jun 2007 02:21:49 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    >>> Thinking Twice, Blinky the Shark Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And

    >>> I have been constantly pissing and moaning about my AT&T Yahoo
    >>> connection of 6016, mostly to myself, and now I believe it is all the
    >>> browser. No other browser loads pages as fast as Safari. I have
    >>> tried damn rear all of them. I am getting 80mb faster speed test
    >>> results and all pages so far load in the blink of an eye. I'm sold.

    >> Now THAT'S a recommendation I trust. I think I'll give it a whirl...
    >>

    > The beta version is not ready for primetime Vista yet. The menus and other

    Is Vista ready for primetime Vista?

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 17, 2007
  10. Old Gringo

    Flyer Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > On Or About 17 Jun 2007 02:21:49 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    > Thinking Twice, Blinky the Shark Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    > wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >
    >> Old Gringo wrote:
    >>> S C R E A M S ! ! !

    >> If it weans more people from the MS application tit, more power to it.

    > I have been constantly pissing and moaning about my AT&T Yahoo
    > connection of 6016, mostly to myself, and now I believe it is all the
    > browser. No other browser loads pages as fast as Safari. I have
    > tried damn rear all of them. I am getting 80mb faster speed test
    > results and all pages so far load in the blink of an eye. I'm sold.
    > --

    Yeah, it is fast, but I get a lot of "pages not found" errors, reloading the
    page then works ok, mind you, it IS beta ;-)

    Flyer, Jun 17, 2007
  11. Old Gringo

    Mitch Guest

    In article <gwxqt5nrfst8$>, Old Gringo
    <> wrote:

    > It's rather plain Jane in appearance but it's fast.

    This is part of the Mac OS HI guidelines; as simple and graceful as the
    appearance can possibly be.
    The idea is that your mind isn't distracted by poor design.
    You'll still find the features there, they just aren't in big ugly
    buttons or logos or beveled edges or gradients.

    Mitch, Jun 17, 2007
  12. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Sun, 17 Jun 2007 00:08:39 -1000, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Mitch Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

    > In article <gwxqt5nrfst8$>, Old Gringo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> It's rather plain Jane in appearance but it's fast.

    > This is part of the Mac OS HI guidelines; as simple and graceful as the
    > appearance can possibly be.
    > The idea is that your mind isn't distracted by poor design.
    > You'll still find the features there, they just aren't in big ugly
    > buttons or logos or beveled edges or gradients.

    I think it is fantastic. It goes where I want to go and does it in a
    flash. The way Internet browsing should be. Especially on research
    projects. I also like the fact that it imported all the bookmarks
    from both IE7 and Firefox2 without duplicating. I love it. I hope
    you enjoy Safari as much as I am.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    6/17/2007 8:08:01 AM CST

    Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2007
  13. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:43:07 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    Thinking Twice, Flyer Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> On Or About 17 Jun 2007 02:21:49 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    >> Thinking Twice, Blinky the Shark Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    >> wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    >>> If it weans more people from the MS application tit, more power to it.

    >> I have been constantly pissing and moaning about my AT&T Yahoo
    >> connection of 6016, mostly to myself, and now I believe it is all the
    >> browser. No other browser loads pages as fast as Safari. I have
    >> tried damn rear all of them. I am getting 80mb faster speed test
    >> results and all pages so far load in the blink of an eye. I'm sold.
    >> --

    > Yeah, it is fast, but I get a lot of "pages not found" errors, reloading the
    > page then works ok, mind you, it IS beta ;-)

    I don't know where you go on the Internet, but I have not experienced
    that particular problem as of yet. I really like the idea of what
    appears to be a seamless connection to the sites I go to. Instead of
    the stumbling or falling down a flight of stairs effect I get with
    the other browsers as they work their way through the many hops on
    the way to the site I have selected. This is BETA, can you imagine
    what it will be like when they release the real thing? :)
    Good Luck
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    6/17/2007 8:14:23 AM CST

    Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2007
  14. Old Gringo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message

    >>> Now THAT'S a recommendation I trust. I think I'll give it a whirl...
    >>>

    >> The beta version is not ready for primetime Vista yet. The menus and
    >> other

    > Is Vista ready for primetime Vista?

    Well, not exactly <g>

    Maybe in about 4 or 5 years.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 17, 2007
  15. Old Gringo

    http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/06/14safari.html
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    6/17/2007 9:40:31 AM CST

    Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2007
  16. Old Gringo

    Flyer Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message

    >> Yeah, it is fast, but I get a lot of "pages not found" errors, reloading
    >> the
    >> page then works ok, mind you, it IS beta ;-)

    > I don't know where you go on the Internet, but I have not experienced
    > that particular problem as of yet. I really like the idea of what
    > appears to be a seamless connection to the sites I go to. Instead of
    > the stumbling or falling down a flight of stairs effect I get with
    > the other browsers as they work their way through the many hops on
    > the way to the site I have selected. This is BETA, can you imagine
    > what it will be like when they release the real thing? :)

    It happens with me every 3 or pages, "Safari is unable toload this page", or
    words to that effect, trying it again always loads the page correctly. I'm
    assuming because it's beta it still has a few kinks in it ;-)
    Strange thing is, I work for a major printer manufacturer, and all our
    printers are administered via a web connection, and Safari, is the only
    browser I've come across that won't access any of them. Opera, IE, Firefox,
    all work fine. I also come across a lot of MAC's, and they are tending to
    switch to Firefox in a lot of instances, they seem to have negative comments
    about Safari, mind you, they don't have a lot of godd things to say about IE
    on the MAC either ;-)

    P.

    Flyer, Jun 17, 2007
  17. Old Gringo

    Flyer Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > On Or About Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:43:07 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    > Thinking Twice, Flyer Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    > Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >
    >> "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Or About 17 Jun 2007 02:21:49 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    >>> Thinking Twice, Blinky the Shark Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And

    >>> I have been constantly pissing and moaning about my AT&T Yahoo
    >>> connection of 6016, mostly to myself, and now I believe it is all the
    >>> browser. No other browser loads pages as fast as Safari. I have
    >>> tried damn rear all of them. I am getting 80mb faster speed test
    >>> results and all pages so far load in the blink of an eye. I'm sold.
    >>> --

    >> Yeah, it is fast, but I get a lot of "pages not found" errors, reloading
    >> the
    >> page then works ok, mind you, it IS beta ;-)

    > http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/06/14safari.html
    > --

    Assuming I've had the update, it's still doing it ;-).Could be my setup
    mind...and it's no big deal anyway.

    P.

    Flyer, Jun 17, 2007
  18. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:29:28 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    Thinking Twice, Flyer Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> On Or About Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:43:07 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    >> Thinking Twice, Flyer Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    >> Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >>
    >>> "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yeah, it is fast, but I get a lot of "pages not found" errors, reloading
    >>> the
    >>> page then works ok, mind you, it IS beta ;-)

    >> http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/06/14safari.html
    >> --

    > Assuming I've had the update, it's still doing it ;-).Could be my setup
    > mind...and it's no big deal anyway.
    >
    > P.

    Good Luck, The more I use it the more I like it.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    6/17/2007 11:29:16 AM CST

    Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2007
  19. Old Gringo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Flyer" <> wrote in message

    > Strange thing is, I work for a major printer manufacturer, and all our
    > printers are administered via a web connection, and Safari, is the only
    > browser I've come across that won't access any of them.

    You might want to see if there's a feedback option for the beta - the
    developers may be interested in knowing about that specific issue.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 17, 2007
  20. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Sun, 17 Jun 2007 11:04:55 -0700, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, WhzzKdd Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > "Flyer" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Strange thing is, I work for a major printer manufacturer, and all our
    >> printers are administered via a web connection, and Safari, is the only
    >> browser I've come across that won't access any of them.

    > You might want to see if there's a feedback option for the beta - the
    > developers may be interested in knowing about that specific issue.

    There is feedback, open Safari and click the little bug next to the
    address. can even send screen shot of problem page, source etc.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com