Apple or gmail or what?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Jan 14, 2010.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    First off I consider Apple to be no more than a fruit which grows on the
    trees in the area of my birthplace. My name is not Laraine. Lorraine is the
    way it way spelt for the one I knew.

    So some many moons ago Apple started sending messages to my gmail account.
    Okay Thunderbird soon sorted it into the spam folder after I thought %^$#@)

    So to-day I thought I would click on the unbscribe link. Got this.

    Hi, Laraine.
    The address at which you’ve chosen to receive product news and other
    commercial messages from Apple is: <mine>@gmail.com.

    *
    Unsubscribe from Apple marketing email
    *
    Send email to me at a different address

    Unquote.

    So is Apple or gmail failing? and if so at what?

    To my mind e-mail seems broken in aircraft crash terms.

    Why is there no a third option. Wrong person you are sending these to.

    Thunderbird is doing such a good job, (treating the messages as spam)
    and as is Apple in sending them to Thunderbirds spam folder that I shall
    just let it be.

    Strange that Laraine has missed the messages. Has she though?
    Gordon, Jan 14, 2010