    and this is for a tiny light weight cover! Surely if they were couriering it
    it would be no more than $5 throughout NZ? Needless to say I will be buying
    it from Ascent when they get it in stock.
    Rob, Jan 10, 2007

  2. Rob

    Rob Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message news:1168397964.342755@ftpsrv1...
    >I was looking a buying a cover for my ipod from the NZ apple store. However
    >when I went to the checkout, it said that the shipping was going to be $15,
    >and this is for a tiny light weight cover! Surely if they were couriering
    >it it would be no more than $5 throughout NZ? Needless to say I will be
    >buying it from Ascent when they get it in stock.

    Actually it's almost $17 once you add GST, which is abount a 1/3 of the
    price of the product.
    Rob, Jan 10, 2007

  3. Rob

    whome Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message news:1168397964.342755@ftpsrv1...
    >I was looking a buying a cover for my ipod from the NZ apple store. However
    >when I went to the checkout, it said that the shipping was going to be $15,
    >and this is for a tiny light weight cover! Surely if they were couriering
    >it it would be no more than $5 throughout NZ? Needless to say I will be
    >buying it from Ascent when they get it in stock.

    i bought an ipod from there, and it was shipped from #$%#$% china.
    whome, Jan 10, 2007
  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    "whome" <> wrote in message

    > "Rob" <> wrote in message
    >>I was looking a buying a cover for my ipod from the NZ apple store.
    >>However when I went to the checkout, it said that the shipping was going
    >>to be $15, and this is for a tiny light weight cover! Surely if they were
    >>couriering it it would be no more than $5 throughout NZ? Needless to say
    >>I will be buying it from Ascent when they get it in stock.
    >>

    > i bought an ipod from there, and it was shipped from #$%#$% china.

    Well that would probably account for the $17. However I thought they were
    shipped from Renaissence here in NZ, or has that now changed since itunes
    was introduced. I am sure www.apple.co.nz used to have far cheaper shipping
    than it currently does. Currently NZers are being ripped off with those
    shipping prices.
    Rob, Jan 10, 2007
  5. Rob

    whome Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message news:1168418161.133588@ftpsrv1...

    > "whome" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rob" <> wrote in message
    >>>I was looking a buying a cover for my ipod from the NZ apple store.
    >>>However when I went to the checkout, it said that the shipping was going
    >>>to be $15, and this is for a tiny light weight cover! Surely if they were
    >>>couriering it it would be no more than $5 throughout NZ? Needless to say
    >>>I will be buying it from Ascent when they get it in stock.
    >>>

    >> i bought an ipod from there, and it was shipped from #$%#$% china.
    >>

    > Well that would probably account for the $17. However I thought they were
    > shipped from Renaissence here in NZ, or has that now changed since itunes
    > was introduced. I am sure www.apple.co.nz used to have far cheaper
    > shipping than it currently does. Currently NZers are being ripped off with
    > those shipping prices.

    Thats what I thought too - surely the ipod being such a big seller they
    would have a decent stock here in nz. Yet, it was shipped from schenzen via
    tnt.

    But, my postage was free for the ipod. I guess ipods have a great big juicy
    margin built in to them as they are the 'in' product.
    whome, Jan 10, 2007
  6. Rob

    Philip Roy Guest

    In article <1168418161.133588@ftpsrv1>, "Rob" <> wrote:

    > "whome" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > >>I was looking a buying a cover for my ipod from the NZ apple store.
    > >>However when I went to the checkout, it said that the shipping was going
    > >>to be $15, and this is for a tiny light weight cover! Surely if they were
    > >>couriering it it would be no more than $5 throughout NZ? Needless to say
    > >>I will be buying it from Ascent when they get it in stock.
    > >>

    > > i bought an ipod from there, and it was shipped from #$%#$% china.
    > >

    > Well that would probably account for the $17. However I thought they were
    > shipped from Renaissence here in NZ, or has that now changed since itunes
    > was introduced. I am sure www.apple.co.nz used to have far cheaper shipping
    > than it currently does. Currently NZers are being ripped off with those
    > shipping prices.

    Actually no. Renaissance used to charge $20 I believe for all shipping.
    Plus which, you're ignoring the fact that the immediate effect of an
    Apple store saw all Apple stock (not 3rd party I think) drop by 8%...a
    figure that used to be added on as the machines came into NZ.

    Free shipping on Mac products and a drop of 8%...rip off?

    Phil
    --
    NZMac.com - Supporting the New Zealand Mac Community
    http://www.nzmac.com
    Philip Roy, Jan 10, 2007
  7. Rob wrote:

    > Well that would probably account for the $17. However I thought they were
    > shipped from Renaissence here in NZ, or has that now changed since itunes
    > was introduced. I am sure www.apple.co.nz used to have far cheaper shipping
    > than it currently does. Currently NZers are being ripped off with those
    > shipping prices.

    Apple ship a lot of stuff from straight from Asia, and if you buy enough
    they don't charge postage, in NZ you only have to spend $99 to get free
    postage, in Europe you have to spend 99 euro
    Jason Fanning, Jan 11, 2007