    thank you guys for your help, but is there an apple newsgroup, or mactintosh
    that i can type in to my NNTP box e.g.(msnews.microsoft.com)? i am using
    windows mail for this(vista basic)

    ewastudent, Dec 12, 2008

  2. "ewastudent" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > thank you guys for your help, but is there an apple newsgroup, or
    > mactintosh that i can type in to my NNTP box e.g.(msnews.microsoft.com)? i
    > am using windows mail for this(vista basic)

    msnews.microsoft.com is a News Server,...not a News Group

    Microsoft's is only going to have Groups about MS Products.

    You have to find a general public News Server. There are only two ways I
    know of:

    1. Use the one provided by your ISP (e.g. news.myISP.com). It used to be
    that about all ISP had them,...but many have been dropping them because the
    average "Joe Homeuser" after about 1995 , 1996, or so, doesn't use them and
    wouldn't know what one was if they tripped over one.

    2. Use a commercial one that you have to pay to subscribe to. These are
    actually the same ones the ISP's use because the ISPs never really truely
    had thier own news servers. They just subscribed to one of these with
    special ISP accounts ($$$) and then either absorbed the cost or just
    calculated them into the price of your Internet services. One of the
    reasons some ISPs are charging customers cheaper prices to compete against
    each other is by dropping things like news servers.

    The one I have used at home in the past was Giganews (www.giganews.com). I
    spent a lot of time comparing them and I thought these guys gave me the best
    service for my money.

    but there are others if you want to compare them:

    www.supernews.com
    www.NewsDemon.com
    www.Easynews.com
    www.ThunderNews.com