    Just dying to see all you ms/apple freaks go nuts lol

    http://www.usenet.com
    , Apr 5, 2006

  2. RW+/- Guest

    On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 23:06:00 +0100, wrote:

    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/
    >
    > Interesting topic.....
    >
    > Discussion on!!!!!
    >
    > Just dying to see all you ms/apple freaks go nuts lol

    I'm just curious why you are running a "borrowed" copy of forte newsreader.

    If you really want to troll try alt.queensforever
    RW+/-, Apr 5, 2006

  3. bmoag Guest

    Even Dvorak has predicted Apple will switch to XP or Vista.
    I personally think Apple is finally exiting the computer business, which
    everyone thought happened 10 years ago. At 4% market share Apple is hardly a
    raisin on a pie chart.
    And Apple is likely to lose the suit brought against it by Apple Corp in
    England, which will have worldwide repercussions for its sole remaining
    viable business, Itunes/Ipod. The French also want to gut Itunes.
    Ipod/Itunes could lose control of the entire European market which is larger
    than the US market.
    Do you have Apple Computer stock in your portfolio?
    Not even Apple is publishing software for its new Mactel OS and few, if any,
    peripheral manufacturers are writing drivers for the Mactel OS.
    This is not a flame: You have to be naive or stupid at this point to buy one
    of the Mactel boxes and think you can get useful work out of it. Apple is
    hardly even advertising the things anymore. You are getting mediocre Intel
    hardware at an inflated Apple price with the Apple warranty that is worse
    than most no-name pc clone providers give. There is no useful software for
    that OS and almost no drivers for existing or new peripherals. Existing
    Apple OS programs run via an incredibly lame kludge.
    Apple should be where Microsoft is now but Steve Jobs has to be considered
    one of the dumbest f*iug businessman of all time for not opening up the
    platform the way Microsoft and Intel did and for not switching to the x86
    CPU years ago. Its a wonder shareholders did not sue him and the Pepsi Cola
    guy that followed Jobs for gross mismanagement of what should have been one
    of the most valuable corporate assets of all time.
    bmoag, Apr 6, 2006
  4. nellybly Guest

    In article <it_Yf.66953$>, bmoag
    <> wrote:

    > Steve Jobs has to be considered
    > one of the dumbest f*iug businessman of all time for not opening up the
    > platform the way Microsoft and Intel did and for not switching to the x86
    > CPU years ago. Its a wonder shareholders did not sue him

    Yes, anyone who invested in Apple in the last 10 years or so are really
    hurting right now, LOL!
    NB
    nellybly, Apr 6, 2006
  5. J. Clarke Guest

    wrote:

    > Interesting topic.....
    >

    > Discussion on!!!!!
    >

    > Just dying to see all you ms/apple freaks go nuts lol

    What's "interesting" about it? XP has been running on Intel chips for
    years--what would be interesting would be Apple finding a way to _prevent_
    it from running.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    J. Clarke, Apr 6, 2006
  6. Bumper Guest

    In my thirty years of photography and twenty years of computers I don't
    believe I have ever read anything from anybody who knew less on a
    subject and was hell bent on proving it.

    Steve Jobs, buys Pixar for ten million and sells it for six billion,
    yep, all the signs of "the dumbest f*iug businessman"

    And just what is a f*iug anyway?

    Oh well, back to lurking.

    Bumper, Apr 6, 2006
  7. fishfry Guest

    In article <it_Yf.66953$>,
    "bmoag" <> wrote:

    > Apple should be where Microsoft is now but Steve Jobs has to be considered
    > one of the dumbest f*iug businessman of all time for not opening up the
    > platform the way Microsoft and Intel did

    Common wisdom, but arguable.

    It was not Microsoft and Intel that opened the architecture -- this
    proves the point I'm about to make.

    It was IBM who opened up the architecture. But IBM didn't make all the
    money from this decision. Microsoft and Intel did. That's the whole
    point.

    Apple's a hardware company. Allowing the Mac OS to run on anybody's
    hardware would put them out of the hardware business.

    Maybe they could have made money licensing the OS, maybe not. But having
    a vertically integrated, proprietary HW/SW platform is an advantage when
    trying to build a reliable computer that's easy for consumers to deal
    with.

    Can you imagine if clone automakers could hook up a Chevy chassis to a
    Mitsubishi engine with Toyota brakes and a Ford interior? It wouldn't
    work. The reliability issues would be causing fatal accidents left and
    right.

    When Apple did license clones in the 1990's, the competing hardware
    makers took money right out of Apple's pocket. That's why when Jobs came
    back to the company, the first thing he had to do was stop licensing the
    OS, in order to save Apple from going out of business.
    fishfry, Apr 6, 2006
  8. "nellybly" <> wrote in message
    > In article <it_Yf.66953$>, bmoag
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Steve Jobs has to be considered
    >> one of the dumbest f*iug businessman of all time for not opening up the
    >> platform the way Microsoft and Intel did and for not switching to the x86
    >> CPU years ago. Its a wonder shareholders did not sue him

    > Yes, anyone who invested in Apple in the last 10 years or so are really
    > hurting right now, LOL!
    > NB

    He made up for that mistake with the IPOD.
    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Apr 6, 2006
  9. Stan Horwitz Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Interesting topic.....
    >

    > Discussion on!!!!!
    >

    > Just dying to see all you ms/apple freaks go nuts lol

    I have no idea what an "ms/apple freak" is, but I own a stock MacBook
    Pro and I used Apple's Boot Camp utility to install Windows XP Pro last
    night. It works well, so far, but I have not had enough time to put its
    through its paces. I do not intend to use Windows XP for anything
    involving my photography.
    Stan Horwitz, Apr 6, 2006
  10. Stan Horwitz Guest

    In article <it_Yf.66953$>,
    "bmoag" <> wrote:

    > Even Dvorak has predicted Apple will switch to XP or Vista.

    Dvorak makes lots of predictions and who knows, one of them may actually
    prove to be true, but that prediction is not one of them. Dvorak works
    in the mode where if he throws enough shit against his office wall, some
    of it may eventually stick.

    > I personally think Apple is finally exiting the computer business, which
    > everyone thought happened 10 years ago. At 4% market share Apple is hardly a
    > raisin on a pie chart.

    Yawn! The reality is, Apple's finances are the envy of all the other
    computer manufacturers, and its been that way even before Apple entered
    the mp3 player market.

    > And Apple is likely to lose the suit brought against it by Apple Corp in
    > England, which will have worldwide repercussions for its sole remaining
    > viable business, Itunes/Ipod. The French also want to gut Itunes.
    > Ipod/Itunes could lose control of the entire European market which is larger
    > than the US market.

    The writing is on the wall. One of two things will happen. Apple (the
    computer company) will win or lose that litigation. If Apple (the
    computer company) loses, I am sure the two Apple companies will simply
    strike some kind of license agreement where money will change hands and
    life will go on for all concerned.

    > Do you have Apple Computer stock in your portfolio?

    Not me. I work in the computer field, but I refuse to invest my money in
    it. I do know some people who have invested in Apple (the computer
    company). In deference to them, I watch Apple's stock price. Note that
    since yesterday when this news about Boot Camp came out, Apple's share
    price rose. Only time will tell if the price continues to rise.

    > Not even Apple is publishing software for its new Mactel OS and few, if any,
    > peripheral manufacturers are writing drivers for the Mactel OS.

    That's simply not true. Go to http://www.apple.com and you can see tons
    of software that Apple is publishing for its OS. I own some Apple
    software such as iPhoto and iWork and it works fine on my new Intel-based
    Mac.

    > This is not a flame: You have to be naive or stupid at this point to buy one
    > of the Mactel boxes and think you can get useful work out of it.

    Not so. With a Mac, you now get the best of both worlds. You get Apple's
    first rate customer service, its amazing OS, and the option to run
    Windows XP. I am hard pressed to see anything bad about that situation.
    Than again, I traffic in facts, which you seem to avoid.

    > Apple is hardly even advertising the things anymore. You are getting mediocre Intel
    > hardware at an inflated Apple price with the Apple warranty that is worse
    > than most no-name pc clone providers give. There is no useful software for
    > that OS and almost no drivers for existing or new peripherals. Existing
    > Apple OS programs run via an incredibly lame kludge.

    Again, wrong, but you have already shown that you have no clue about what
    you are talking about.
    Stan Horwitz, Apr 6, 2006
  11. In article <060420060120420601%>, nellybly
    <> wrote:

    > Yes, anyone who invested in Apple in the last 10 years or so are really
    > hurting right now, LOL!

    Sure makes Dell and the rest look like crap. The cheap junk they turn
    out only does one thing.
    Randall Ainsworth, Apr 6, 2006
  12. On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 01:20:42 -0400, nellybly <> wrote:
    > In article <it_Yf.66953$>, bmoag
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Steve Jobs has to be considered
    >> one of the dumbest f*iug businessman of all time for not opening up the
    >> platform the way Microsoft and Intel did and for not switching to the x86
    >> CPU years ago. Its a wonder shareholders did not sue him

    > Yes, anyone who invested in Apple in the last 10 years or so are really
    > hurting right now, LOL!

    Apple's stock went up something like $6 yesterday after that
    announcement.

    -dms, who's thinking about putting XP on his MacBook (for games, mainly)
    Daniel Silevitch, Apr 6, 2006
  13. 2 Guest

    "bmoag" <> wrote in message
    > Even Dvorak has predicted Apple will switch to XP or Vista.
    > I personally think Apple is finally exiting the computer business, which
    > everyone thought happened 10 years ago. At 4% market share Apple is hardly
    > a raisin on a pie chart.

    4% of the world market is huge business nonetheless.
    2, Apr 6, 2006
  14. bmoag wrote:

    > Even Dvorak has predicted Apple will switch to XP or Vista.
    > I personally think Apple is finally exiting the computer business,
    > which everyone thought happened 10 years ago. At 4% market share
    > Apple is hardly a raisin on a pie chart. And Apple is likely to lose
    > the suit brought against it by Apple Corp in England, which will have
    > worldwide repercussions for its sole remaining viable business,
    > Itunes/Ipod. The French also want to gut Itunes. Ipod/Itunes could
    > lose control of the entire European market which is larger than the
    > US market. Do you have Apple Computer stock in your portfolio? Not
    > even Apple is publishing software for its new Mactel OS and few, if
    > any, peripheral manufacturers are writing drivers for the Mactel OS.
    > This is not a flame: You have to be naive or stupid at this point to
    > buy one of the Mactel boxes and think you can get useful work out of
    > it. Apple is hardly even advertising the things anymore. You are
    > getting mediocre Intel hardware at an inflated Apple price with the
    > Apple warranty that is worse than most no-name pc clone providers
    > give. There is no useful software for that OS and almost no drivers
    > for existing or new peripherals. Existing Apple OS programs run via
    > an incredibly lame kludge. Apple should be where Microsoft is now
    > but Steve Jobs has to be considered one of the dumbest f*iug
    > businessman of all time for not opening up the platform the way
    > Microsoft and Intel did and for not switching to the x86 CPU years
    > ago. Its a wonder shareholders did not sue him and the Pepsi Cola guy
    > that followed Jobs for gross mismanagement of what should have been
    > one of the most valuable corporate assets of all time.

    Troll-O-Meter Rating: 1.9/10 You've gotta do better.

    --
    Albert Nurick | Nurick + Associates - Web Design
    www.nurick.com | Web Applications - Hosting
    Albert Nurick, Apr 6, 2006
  15. Ron Hunter Guest

    Stan Horwitz wrote:
> [...]

    >> This is not a flame: You have to be naive or stupid at this point to buy one
    >> of the Mactel boxes and think you can get useful work out of it.

    > Not so. With a Mac, you now get the best of both worlds. You get Apple's
    > first rate customer service, its amazing OS, and the option to run
    > Windows XP. I am hard pressed to see anything bad about that situation.
    > Than again, I traffic in facts, which you seem to avoid.
    >
    >> Apple is hardly even advertising the things anymore. You are getting mediocre Intel
    >> hardware at an inflated Apple price with the Apple warranty that is worse
    >> than most no-name pc clone providers give. There is no useful software for
    >> that OS and almost no drivers for existing or new peripherals. Existing
    >> Apple OS programs run via an incredibly lame kludge.

    > Again, wrong, but you have already shown that you have no clue about what

    I agree with everything you said, except about Apple's finances being
    the envy of other computer companies. Please don't tell me that Dell
    envies Apple's financial status, because if they do, then they are
    insane. That would be like Microsoft envying Adobe.
    Ron Hunter, Apr 6, 2006
  16. Lourens Smak Guest

    In article <>,
    Stan Horwitz <> wrote:

    > One of two things will happen. Apple (the
    > computer company) will win or lose that litigation. If Apple (the
    > computer company) loses, I am sure the two Apple companies will simply
    > strike some kind of license agreement where money will change hands and
    > life will go on for all concerned.

    Some interesting reading:
    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/04/06/apple_vs_apple_week_two/

    Lourens
    Lourens Smak, Apr 6, 2006
  17. Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Bad news for Windows users, bad news for Mac users, bad news for everyone.
    Why? Simple. If Apple switches to Windows, and eventually stops developing
    their own OS, then OS innovation will stop. You think MS will innovate?
    Right. Once there's no real competition for Windows, MS will tighten their
    EULA and raise prices. Why? Why not? Once Apple users start running Windows,
    what private developers will write for the Mac OS? Why write for 5% of the
    market when you can write for 100%? Again, innovation will shut down. Bad
    news all around...

    Kinon O'Cann, Apr 6, 2006
  18. Kinon O'Cann Guest

    "bmoag" <> wrote in message
    > Even Dvorak has predicted Apple will switch to XP or Vista.
    > I personally think Apple is finally exiting the computer business, which
    > everyone thought happened 10 years ago. At 4% market share Apple is hardly
    > a raisin on a pie chart.

    Dvorak also predicted that on-line shopping would never fly. He's a wave
    riding moron who knows nothing.

    > And Apple is likely to lose the suit brought against it by Apple Corp in
    > England, which will have worldwide repercussions for its sole remaining
    > viable business, Itunes/Ipod. The French also want to gut Itunes.
    > Ipod/Itunes could lose control of the entire European market which is
    > larger than the US market.
    > Do you have Apple Computer stock in your portfolio?

    I wish. Have you tracked their performance lately? Did you see the market
    reaction to the XP on Mac announcement?

    > Not even Apple is publishing software for its new Mactel OS and few, if
    > any, peripheral manufacturers are writing drivers for the Mactel OS.
    > This is not a flame: You have to be naive or stupid at this point to buy
    > one of the Mactel boxes and think you can get useful work out of it.

    Ever try to do color pre-press work on a WinTel box? Don't waste your time.
    And I mean WASTE!

    Apple is
    > hardly even advertising the things anymore. You are getting mediocre Intel
    > hardware at an inflated Apple price with the Apple warranty that is worse
    > than most no-name pc clone providers give. There is no useful software for
    > that OS and almost no drivers for existing or new peripherals. Existing
    > Apple OS programs run via an incredibly lame kludge.

    Right. What do Pagemaker, Photoshop, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, and numerous
    others have in common? Right, they started on the Mac.

    > Apple should be where Microsoft is now but Steve Jobs has to be considered
    > one of the dumbest f*iug businessman of all time for not opening up the
    > platform the way Microsoft and Intel did and for not switching to the x86
    > CPU years ago. Its a wonder shareholders did not sue him and the Pepsi
    > Cola guy that followed Jobs for gross mismanagement of what should have
    > been one of the most valuable corporate assets of all time.

    Here again, you need a reality check. Apple is doing great!

    Kinon O'Cann, Apr 6, 2006
  19. In article <CcdZf.2$>,
    "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote:

    > Bad news for Windows users, bad news for Mac users, bad news for everyone.
    > Why? Simple. If Apple switches to Windows, and eventually stops developing
    > their own OS, then OS innovation will stop.

    That's a pretty sweeping assumption. Why would Apple stop developing
    OSX? Next thing you'll claim is that Pepsi are doomed because they might
    stop making flavoured sugar-water.

    >You think MS will innovate?
    > Right. Once there's no real competition for Windows, MS will tighten their
    > EULA and raise prices. Why? Why not? Once Apple users start running Windows,
    > what private developers will write for the Mac OS? Why write for 5% of the
    > market when you can write for 100%? Again, innovation will shut down. Bad
    > news all around...

    Developers can write for both platforms simultaneously with Apples SW
    now. Why refrain for compiling for both?

    I can't see many Mac owners actually installing XP. Simple as it is, the
    process is still too complex for most people and besides, XP is friggin'
    expensive to buy.

    --
    ~Dibley
    Dibley Fanshaw, Apr 6, 2006
  20. Bumper wrote:
    > In my thirty years of photography and twenty years of computers I don't
    > believe I have ever read anything from anybody who knew less on a
    > subject and was hell bent on proving it.
    >
    > bmoag <> wrote:
    >
    >>Even Dvorak has predicted Apple will switch to XP or Vista.
    >>I personally think Apple is finally exiting the computer business, which
    >>everyone thought happened 10 years ago.

    "Even" Dvorak?? Dvorak has been predicting doom for Apple for longer
    than bmoag has been whingeing about the company.

    Apple has hardly "switched" to XP, for one. The other "arguements" have
    been refuted by me and others several times over the years.

    For two, tell us how many shares of Apple you are willing to short?

    Three: Can you please keep this to the Mac or Windows NGs?

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Apr 6, 2006