Apple iPod trash, like all Apple products

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Rich, Feb 13, 2006.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
    a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
    have promoted the things the way they did.
    How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?
    -Rich

    Apple Computer has been hit with a lawsuit demanding that the Silicon
    Valley company provide free replacements for scratched screens on its
    hot-selling, pocket-sized iPod nano music players.

    Instead of replacing scratched nanos at no cost to buyers, Apple
    charges a fee of 25 dollars (US), according to attorney Bruce Simon,
    who authored the suit.

    Apple will be served with a copy of the suit this week, and then have
    30 days to file a response with the court, Simon's law firm said on
    Monday.

    An April date has been set for rival lawyers to discuss the case with
    a judge.

    The suit, filed in San Mateo County Superior Court a short distance
    south of San Francisco, is the latest of about a dozen accusing Apple
    of selling nanos that don't fulfill the promise of "gorgeous color
    screens."

    "Contrary to Apple's representations, the iPod nano is defective,"
    Simon wrote in an aspiring class-action suit filed on behalf of a
    California man.

    When introducing the nano in September of 2005, Apple chief executive
    officer Steve Jobs proudly plucked one from the coin pocket of his
    jeans, Simon noted.

    "Selling 'cool' stuff isn't 'cool' if the stuff doesn't work as
    advertised and Apple fails to comply with its obligations under its
    warranty and California laws," said Harvey Rosenfield, a lawyer for
    the Foundation of Taxpayer and Consumer Rights, which is involved in
    the suit.

    "Like every other industry, Apple must fix products that are defective
    for free, and refund the costs incurred by its customers."

    Apple representatives said it was company policy not to comment on
    pending litigation.

    "Normal and reasonable use of the product, including the use specified
    by Apple, results in severe scratches, streaks, scuffing and cracking
    on the device's screen," the suit charged.

    In the wake of rampant complaints about scratched nano screens last
    year, Apple said only a tiny fraction of nano buyers had reported
    problems.

    Apple has sold more than 42 million iPods, the most popular MP3 music
    player on the market, according to the suit.

    In the final quarter of 2005, ending with the Christmas holiday, iPod
    sales averaged about 100 per minute, the suit reported.

    The suit called on the court to order Apple, based in Cupertino,
    California, to also pay legal fees and damages.

    © 2006 AFP

    This news is brought to you by PhysOrg.com

    Rich, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Rich

    beavis Guest

    In article <>, Rich
    <> wrote:

    > Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
    > a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
    > have promoted the things the way they did.
    > How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?

    The $250, 2 gig device with the smallest screen *doesn't* play video.
    The $300, 30-gig one with a larger screen does.

    > Apple Computer has been hit with a lawsuit demanding that the Silicon
    > Valley company provide free replacements for scratched screens on its
    > hot-selling, pocket-sized iPod nano music players.

    It's plastic. Plastic scratches. God people are stupid sometimes. If
    you're afraid of scratches, you get a case -- the Nano even COMES with
    a free case, if you care to use it!

    I've had mine for four years. It works, and looks fine, because I TAKE
    CARE OF MY PURCHASE. These morons in the lawsuit should consider the
    same if they want it to stay pristine.

    beavis, Feb 14, 2006

  3. Rich <> wrote:

    > Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
    > a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
    > have promoted the things the way they did.
    > How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?

    I'm with you on this, and I like Macs! But, ipod what-not is trash.

    Walter Traprock, Feb 14, 2006
  4. In article <130220061940007349%>,
    says...
    > In article <>, Rich
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
    > > a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
    > > have promoted the things the way they did.
    > > How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?

    > The $250, 2 gig device with the smallest screen *doesn't* play video.
    > The $300, 30-gig one with a larger screen does.
    >
    > > Apple Computer has been hit with a lawsuit demanding that the Silicon
    > > Valley company provide free replacements for scratched screens on its
    > > hot-selling, pocket-sized iPod nano music players.

    > It's plastic. Plastic scratches. God people are stupid sometimes. If
    > you're afraid of scratches, you get a case -- the Nano even COMES with
    > a free case, if you care to use it!
    >
    > I've had mine for four years. It works, and looks fine, because I TAKE
    > CARE OF MY PURCHASE. These morons in the lawsuit should consider the
    > same if they want it to stay pristine.

    You've had a nano case for 4 years huh? You missed the part where Apple
    said it was scratch resistant did you?

    --

    "Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

    Fish! - THE Aristocrat., Feb 14, 2006
  5. Rich

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:28:40 +1100, Fish! - THE Aristocrat <> wrote:

    >In article <130220061940007349%>,
    >says...
    >> In article <>, Rich
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
    >> > a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
    >> > have promoted the things the way they did.
    >> > How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?

    >> The $250, 2 gig device with the smallest screen *doesn't* play video.
    >> The $300, 30-gig one with a larger screen does.
    >>
    >> > Apple Computer has been hit with a lawsuit demanding that the Silicon
    >> > Valley company provide free replacements for scratched screens on its
    >> > hot-selling, pocket-sized iPod nano music players.

    >> It's plastic. Plastic scratches. God people are stupid sometimes. If
    >> you're afraid of scratches, you get a case -- the Nano even COMES with
    >> a free case, if you care to use it!
    >>
    >> I've had mine for four years. It works, and looks fine, because I TAKE
    >> CARE OF MY PURCHASE. These morons in the lawsuit should consider the
    >> same if they want it to stay pristine.
    >>

    >You've had a nano case for 4 years huh? You missed the part where Apple
    >said it was scratch resistant did you?

    That's a neat trick considering the nano hasn't been out for a whole year.

    AZ Nomad, Feb 14, 2006
  6. Rich

    beavis Guest

    In article <>, Fish! -
    THE Aristocrat. <> wrote:

    > You've had a nano case for 4 years huh?

    No, I've had an iPod for four years. The Nano's exterior is the same
    plastic and metal materials they've used for years.

    > You missed the part where Apple said it was scratch resistant did you?

    Apparently I did; I find no mention of it anywhere in their sales
    literature or web site. Care to provide a URL?

    beavis, Feb 14, 2006
  7. Rich

    Stan Brown Guest

    Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:57:28 -0500 from Rich <>:
    > Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
    > a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
    > have promoted the things the way they did.
    > How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?

    Apparently you're the moron -- you can't even get your rants right

    The video iPods come in 30 GB ($299) and 60 GB ($399). I think the
    screen's too small for video _or_ photos, but my eyes are over 50
    years old. I bought the device for audio and it does that quite well.

    The software is sub-optimal for classical music, however. I've done a
    fair amount of research and experimentation, resulting in my Web
    page, "Taming iTunes for Classical Music" at
    http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/itunes.htm -- comments welcome in e-
    mail.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Feb 14, 2006
  8. Rich

    Biz Guest

    Here I thought you would be posting about something important like improving
    the wretched sound quality of the iPod, not some stupid crap about poor mp3
    tagging for classical music due to not enough descriptive fields....no
    wonder hi-res multi-channel music cant make a go of it

    Biz, Feb 14, 2006
  9. Rich

    ivan Guest

    ivan, Feb 27, 2006