Apple brings the nanny state to the computer world

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Feb 1, 2013.

  1. RichA

    MC Guest

    <http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-57367017-251/its-time-to-kiss-that-
    > > > removable-smartphone-battery-goodbye/>
    > > >
    > > > What do the iPhone, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, and Nokia Lumia
    > > > 900 have in common? The fact that their batteries can't easily
    > > > be removed.

    > > I rest my case...

    > you don't have a case. i've proven you wrong in everything you've
    > said.

    Ho Hum...

    MC

    MC, Feb 6, 2013

  2. RichA

    MC Guest

    nospam wrote:

    > In article <>, MC <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Macs are, indeed, for the lazy comuter literate who require
    > > everything done for them or need to be told what they can and
    > > cannot do.

    > nonsense.
    >
    > > Not long now and Apple will cut off the internet and have their own
    > > "internet". Sites of which will only contain content which users
    > > will be told how wonderful Apple is and how Apple products will
    > > change your life for the better and make you into a better person.

    > more idiocy.

    Apple Akbar...Apple Akbar...

    MC

    MC, Feb 6, 2013

  3. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:37:33 PM UTC, MC wrote:
    > nospam wrote:
    >

    > > In article <>, MC <>

    > > wrote:

    > > > It does not matter who will use it. The point is that whoever does

    > > > want to use it will be denied doing so.

    > > including hackers who could take advantage of one of the security

    > > exploits and compromise your machine.

    > OK, let's shut all shops and banks, just in case they are robbed.

    We do, that's why they have opening hours.

    > Let's disconnect all ovens, just in case someone burns a cake.

    They have on-off switches for some curious reason.
    Some places even have fire extinguishers & blankets.

    Let's

    > block java form being used on all our machines, just in case .... oh,
    >
    > hang on ... we have.

    Lets block spam too, just in case some idiot replies to it giving away passwords and usersnames, oh lok some people do, so why not block everyones spam ?

    If they really want it they can always disable.

    Whisky-dave, Feb 6, 2013
  4. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    On 2/3/2013 4:11 PM, GMAN wrote:
    > In article <>, DanP <> wrote:
    >> On Friday, 1 February 2013 19:14:43 UTC, MC wrote:
    >>
    >>> It does not matter who will use it. The point is that whoever does want
    >>> to use it will be denied doing so.

    >> Well, you have a point, if you buy the hardware you own it and can do whatever
    >> you want with it. Install Linux on dualboot on it and have full control. But
    >> most Mac users will stick to the Mac OS.
    >>
    >> I see Apple as an OS maker and I fully understand why they want their product
    >> to be safe by removing third party buggy software. Fortunately Apple is not
    >> the only OS manufacturer and you can install Linux or Windows on a Mac.
    >>

    >> DanP

    > They dont want to make it safer by removing 3rd party, they want to make it
    > more proprietary. This is the very reason so many people hate Sony shit!!!

    I agree with this final statement.

    John

    John Turco, Feb 8, 2013