Apple announces new "ipad"

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jan 27, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Jan 27, 2010

  2. richard

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:1rhrkxdyjw75a$ richard
    <> wrote:

    > Nothing more than a bigger iphone.

    Nothing?

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Jan 27, 2010

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:01:54 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:53:04 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>First was the iphone, now the ipad. Nothing more than a bigger iphone.
    >>But I think people are looking for something with a bit more portability.
    >>This ipad looks a bit cumbersome to be carrying around in the shirt pocket.

    > It's 9.7 inches. It's not meant to be carried in your shirt pocket.

    clue: dictionary. Look up definition of "cumbersome".

    richard, Jan 27, 2010
  4. richard wrote:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS-80_Model_100
    >
    > First, take a look back in time. This little gadget offered by "Radio
    > Shack" made it's debut eneventfully. Yet, began the change of things to
    > come.
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/01/27/apple.tablet/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >
    > First was the iphone, now the ipad. Nothing more than a bigger iphone.
    > But I think people are looking for something with a bit more portability.
    > This ipad looks a bit cumbersome to be carrying around in the shirt pocket.

    I'm surprised it took Apple this long to make one. Toshiba, Fujitsu,
    and NEC (at the least) have had them for years. Fujitsu and NEC, as of 4
    years ago, had a model where the screen rotated so you could use it as a
    laptop...or as a tablet.

    http://www.amazon.com/Fujitsu-LifeBook-T2020-Tablet-PC/dp/B001LYUMGG
    (Link if anyone cares)

    Of course those earlier models didn't have cell wifi...just network
    wifi (b/g)...but that's easily solved by a usb device.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Jan 27, 2010
  5. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:53:04 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> First was the iphone, now the ipad. Nothing more than a bigger iphone.
    >> But I think people are looking for something with a bit more portability.
    >> This ipad looks a bit cumbersome to be carrying around in the shirt pocket.

    > It's 9.7 inches. It's not meant to be carried in your shirt pocket.

    Holster, like the computers the UPS guys have? :)

    "Quickest 'sign here' in the west"

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Jan 27, 2010
  6. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:15:10 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:53:04 -0700, richard <>wrote:
    >
    >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS-80_Model_100
    >>
    >>First, take a look back in time. This little gadget offered by "Radio
    >>Shack" made it's debut eneventfully. Yet, began the change of things to
    >>come.
    >>
    >>http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/01/27/apple.tablet/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >>
    >>First was the iphone, now the ipad. Nothing more than a bigger iphone.
    >>But I think people are looking for something with a bit more portability.
    >>This ipad looks a bit cumbersome to be carrying around in the shirt pocket.

    > barf, old

    smack that old victrola, it's stuck on a track.

    richard, Jan 27, 2010
  7. richard

    XS11E Guest

    XS11E, Jan 28, 2010