Apple analysts worry about "anger" from users?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Oct 4, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Or is that, "losers?" Anger? It's a frigging PHONE! What will they
    do, storm Apple headquarters demanding something radical and new to
    squander their money on? Because they simply "cannot" survive with the
    current phone? Pathetic.

    BBC:

    Disappointment

    Other industry watchers were less charitable about the iPhone refresh,
    and the non-appearance of the iPhone 5.

    Gareth Beavis, phones editor at TechRadar said the new hardware would
    leave many people underwhelmed.

    "It was quite disappointing. I think there is going to be a lot of
    anger from users expecting something big bold and quite exciting after
    a long time of waiting from the iPhone 4.
    RichA, Oct 4, 2011
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Oct 4, 8:59 pm, RichA <> wrote:
    > Or is that, "losers?"  Anger?  It's a frigging PHONE!  What will they
    > do, storm Apple headquarters demanding something radical and new to
    > squander their money on? Because they simply "cannot" survive with the
    > current phone?  Pathetic.
    >
    > BBC:
    >
    > Disappointment
    >
    > Other industry watchers were less charitable about the iPhone refresh,
    > and the non-appearance of the iPhone 5.
    >
    > Gareth Beavis, phones editor at TechRadar said the new hardware would
    > leave many people underwhelmed.
    >
    > "It was quite disappointing. I think there is going to be a lot of
    > anger from users expecting something big bold and quite exciting after
    > a long time of waiting from the iPhone 4.


    I know what they mean.. but I'm waiting for these camera companies
    (Nikon, Canon, etc.. even sigma ;-)
    to do something to really upgrade their cameras to make them worth
    buying...
    Like put a phone in them, or add music playing facilities, I'd like to
    watch movies and play
    games on them too...
    Whisky-dave, Oct 5, 2011
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 5, 10:42 am, George Kerby <> wrote:
    > On 10/4/11 2:59 PM, in article
    > , "RichA"
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > Or is that, "losers?"  Anger?  It's a frigging PHONE!  What will they
    > > do, storm Apple headquarters demanding something radical and new to
    > > squander their money on? Because they simply "cannot" survive with the
    > > current phone?  Pathetic.

    >
    > > BBC:

    >
    > > Disappointment

    >
    > > Other industry watchers were less charitable about the iPhone refresh,
    > > and the non-appearance of the iPhone 5.

    >
    > > Gareth Beavis, phones editor at TechRadar said the new hardware would
    > > leave many people underwhelmed.

    >
    > > "It was quite disappointing. I think there is going to be a lot of
    > > anger from users expecting something big bold and quite exciting after
    > > a long time of waiting from the iPhone 4.

    >
    > You are one sad human being.


    AND, they pulled the app, "Siri" from the Apple store and made it so
    you have to buy the new 4s in order to get it!! SCUMMMMMM!!!!
    RichA, Oct 5, 2011
    #3
  4. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    >
    > AND, they pulled the app, "Siri" from the Apple store and made it so
    > you have to buy the new 4s in order to get it!! SCUMMMMMM!!!!


    they totally revamped it, updated it and added new features. it won't
    work on older hardware.
    nospam, Oct 5, 2011
    #4
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 5, 11:42 am, nospam <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    > RichA <> wrote:
    >
    > > AND, they pulled the app, "Siri" from the Apple store and made it so
    > > you have to buy the new 4s in order to get it!! SCUMMMMMM!!!!

    >
    > they totally revamped it, updated it and added new features. it won't
    > work on older hardware.


    Like I said.
    RichA, Oct 5, 2011
    #5
  6. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > > > AND, they pulled the app, "Siri" from the Apple store and made it so
    > > > you have to buy the new 4s in order to get it!! SCUMMMMMM!!!!

    > >
    > > they totally revamped it, updated it and added new features. it won't
    > > work on older hardware.

    >
    > Like I said.


    so apple shouldn't improve anything? you are an idiot.
    nospam, Oct 5, 2011
    #6
  7. On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, RichA wrote:

    > Or is that, "losers?" Anger? It's a frigging PHONE! What will they
    > do, storm Apple headquarters demanding something radical and new to
    > squander their money on? Because they simply "cannot" survive with the
    > current phone? Pathetic.


    Buy competitor's products? That would be my first guess. Some people
    actually hold off of upgrading their phone until Apple releases a new
    iPhone version. I imagine a number of those people are just going to say
    screw it and get a 4G Android.


    -Ryan McGinnis
    The BIG Storm Picture: http://bigstormpicture.com PGP Key 0x65115E4C
    Follow my storm chasing adventures at http://bigstormpicture.blogspot.com
    Images@Getty: http://bit.ly/oDW1pT Images@Alamy:[url]http://bit.ly/aMH6Qd[/url]
    Ryan McGinnis, Oct 5, 2011
    #7
  8. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 5, 11:53 am, nospam <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > > > > AND, they pulled the app, "Siri" from the Apple store and made it so
    > > > > you have to buy the new 4s in order to get it!! SCUMMMMMM!!!!

    >
    > > > they totally revamped it, updated it and added new features. it won't
    > > > work on older hardware.

    >
    > > Like I said.

    >
    > so apple shouldn't improve anything? you are an idiot.


    They "improve" things the way Adobe improves Camera Raw, they make you
    buy a new version of PS just to accommodate a new camera.
    RichA, Oct 5, 2011
    #8
  9. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 5, 2:22 pm, Ryan McGinnis <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, RichA wrote:
    > > Or is that, "losers?"  Anger?  It's a frigging PHONE!  What will they
    > > do, storm Apple headquarters demanding something radical and new to
    > > squander their money on? Because they simply "cannot" survive with the
    > > current phone?  Pathetic.

    >
    > Buy competitor's products?  That would be my first guess.  Some people
    > actually hold off of upgrading their phone until Apple releases a new
    > iPhone version.  I imagine a number of those people are just going to say
    > screw it and get a 4G Android.
    >


    Assuming most Apple users are that flexible and unfanatical about
    their product.
    RichA, Oct 5, 2011
    #9
  10. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > > > > > AND, they pulled the app, "Siri" from the Apple store and made it so
    > > > > > you have to buy the new 4s in order to get it!! SCUMMMMMM!!!!

    > >
    > > > > they totally revamped it, updated it and added new features. it won't
    > > > > work on older hardware.

    > >
    > > > Like I said.

    > >
    > > so apple shouldn't improve anything? you are an idiot.

    >
    > They "improve" things the way Adobe improves Camera Raw, they make you
    > buy a new version of PS just to accommodate a new camera.


    you really don't have a clue, do you?

    adobe adds cameras for free to camera raw and it can be used with older
    versions of photoshop by converting to dng using adobe's free dng
    converter. you don't even need photoshop to use camera raw.

    when they update photoshop with new features, camera raw, which is
    basically a photoshop plugin on steroids, gets updated with new
    features too. they don't just add a couple of cameras and lock out
    people.
    nospam, Oct 5, 2011
    #10
  11. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/5/2011 4:03 PM, RichA wrote:
    > On Oct 5, 11:53 am, nospam<> wrote:
    >> In article
    >> <>,
    >>
    >> RichA<> wrote:
    >>>>> AND, they pulled the app, "Siri" from the Apple store and made it so
    >>>>> you have to buy the new 4s in order to get it!! SCUMMMMMM!!!!

    >>
    >>>> they totally revamped it, updated it and added new features. it won't
    >>>> work on older hardware.

    >>
    >>> Like I said.

    >>
    >> so apple shouldn't improve anything? you are an idiot.

    >
    > They "improve" things the way Adobe improves Camera Raw, they make you
    > buy a new version of PS just to accommodate a new camera.


    Again you have options.
    Don't buy it.

    Alternatively, there are tons of free apps that will convert a RAW image
    into a DNG. But you would rather bitch and moan.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 6, 2011
    #11
  12. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/5/2011 4:04 PM, RichA wrote:
    > On Oct 5, 2:22 pm, Ryan McGinnis<> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, RichA wrote:
    >>> Or is that, "losers?" Anger? It's a frigging PHONE! What will they
    >>> do, storm Apple headquarters demanding something radical and new to
    >>> squander their money on? Because they simply "cannot" survive with the
    >>> current phone? Pathetic.

    >>
    >> Buy competitor's products? That would be my first guess. Some people
    >> actually hold off of upgrading their phone until Apple releases a new
    >> iPhone version. I imagine a number of those people are just going to say
    >> screw it and get a 4G Android.
    >>

    >
    > Assuming most Apple users are that flexible and unfanatical about
    > their product.
    >


    And if they want to spend their money that way, why is it your business?

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 6, 2011
    #12
  13. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Rich
    <> wrote:

    > I know exactly how it works and if you think a convoluted process
    > involving another program (the DNG converter) is a substitute for built-
    > in conversion, you are BOTH morons.


    no, you do not know anything about how it works, internally or
    externally.
    nospam, Oct 6, 2011
    #13
  14. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Oct 5, 7:22 pm, Ryan McGinnis <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, RichA wrote:
    > > Or is that, "losers?"  Anger?  It's a frigging PHONE!  What will they
    > > do, storm Apple headquarters demanding something radical and new to
    > > squander their money on? Because they simply "cannot" survive with the
    > > current phone?  Pathetic.

    >
    > Buy competitor's products?  That would be my first guess.  Some people
    > actually hold off of upgrading their phone until Apple releases a new
    > iPhone version.  I imagine a number of those people are just going to say
    > screw it and get a 4G Android.


    I heard reports that some were selling their iPhone4s before the
    iPhone4S
    (now there's confusion) came out. But I doubt they'd buy an andriod.
    I don;t think many iphone users will go to another 'system'
    I doubt those that have brought apps( I've heard of people buying
    100s a year)
    will just dump thier iPhone4 and rush out and buy an andriod phone.

    In fact it's made me think more about getting an iphone than an
    andriod as I expect
    my phone to last a couple of years at least, I don;t want to buy one
    this weeks and next there's a differnt version
    of differing size and ability and to nbot be able to use the apps I've
    got on my iPod.

    >
    > -Ryan McGinnis
    > The BIG Storm Picture:  http://bigstormpicture.com    PGP Key 0x65115E4C
    > Follow my storm chasing adventures athttp://bigstormpicture.blogspot.com
    > Images@Getty:  http://bit.ly/oDW1pT   Images@Alamy:http://bit.ly/aMH6Qd
    Whisky-dave, Oct 7, 2011
    #14
  15. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Oct 6, 5:30 am, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 10/5/2011 4:03 PM, RichA wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Oct 5, 11:53 am, nospam<>  wrote:
    > >> In article
    > >> <>,

    >
    > >> RichA<>  wrote:
    > >>>>> AND, they pulled the app, "Siri" from the Apple store and made it so
    > >>>>> you have to buy the new 4s in order to get it!! SCUMMMMMM!!!!

    >
    > >>>> they totally revamped it, updated it and added new features. it won't
    > >>>> work on older hardware.

    >
    > >>> Like I said.

    >
    > >> so apple shouldn't improve anything? you are an idiot.

    >
    > > They "improve" things the way Adobe improves Camera Raw, they make you
    > > buy a new version of PS just to accommodate a new camera.

    >
    > Again you have options.
    > Don't buy it.
    >
    > Alternatively, there are tons of free apps that will convert a RAW image
    > into a DNG. But you would rather bitch and moan.
    >
    > --
    > Peter


    Are you suggesting he should ignore he's two most prolific
    'skills' ;-)
    Whisky-dave, Oct 7, 2011
    #15
  16. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/7/2011 10:07 AM, George Kerby wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > On 10/7/11 8:16 AM, in article
    > ,
    > "Whisky-dave"<> wrote:
    >
    >> On Oct 5, 7:22 pm, Ryan McGinnis<> wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, RichA wrote:
    >>>> Or is that, "losers?" Anger? It's a frigging PHONE! What will they
    >>>> do, storm Apple headquarters demanding something radical and new to
    >>>> squander their money on? Because they simply "cannot" survive with the
    >>>> current phone? Pathetic.
    >>>
    >>> Buy competitor's products? That would be my first guess. Some people
    >>> actually hold off of upgrading their phone until Apple releases a new
    >>> iPhone version. I imagine a number of those people are just going to say
    >>> screw it and get a 4G Android.

    >>
    >> I heard reports that some were selling their iPhone4s before the
    >> iPhone4S
    >> (now there's confusion) came out. But I doubt they'd buy an andriod.
    >> I don;t think many iphone users will go to another 'system'
    >> I doubt those that have brought apps( I've heard of people buying
    >> 100s a year)
    >> will just dump thier iPhone4 and rush out and buy an andriod phone.
    >>
    >> In fact it's made me think more about getting an iphone than an
    >> andriod as I expect
    >> my phone to last a couple of years at least, I don;t want to buy one
    >> this weeks and next there's a differnt version
    >> of differing size and ability and to nbot be able to use the apps I've
    >> got on my iPod.
    >>

    >
    > I was with a friend yesterday for lunch and business talk. The entire time
    > (2+ hours) his android phone was doing some kind of software update and he
    > had to wait for it to finish downloading. Just before we parted, it began to
    > install the new OS update, which he informed me today too another 20 or so
    > minutes.
    >
    > When I do an OS update on my iPhone it takes at most a half hour at my
    > computer. Next week, with the new Os-5 it can be done on the 'cloud',
    > without a computer, and it damn sure won't take two and a half hours.
    >
    > Think about that before you get a 'Droid...
    >


    My Motorola Droid is slow. But not that slow. There may be different
    hardware systems.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 7, 2011
    #16
  17. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Oct 5, 10:42 am, George Kerby <> wrote:
    >> On 10/4/11 2:59 PM, in article
    >> , "RichA"
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >> > Or is that, "losers?"  Anger?  It's a frigging PHONE!  What will they
    >> > do, storm Apple headquarters demanding something radical and new to
    >> > squander their money on? Because they simply "cannot" survive with the
    >> > current phone?  Pathetic.

    >>
    >> > BBC:

    >>
    >> > Disappointment

    >>
    >> > Other industry watchers were less charitable about the iPhone refresh,
    >> > and the non-appearance of the iPhone 5.

    >>
    >> > Gareth Beavis, phones editor at TechRadar said the new hardware would
    >> > leave many people underwhelmed.

    >>
    >> > "It was quite disappointing. I think there is going to be a lot of
    >> > anger from users expecting something big bold and quite exciting after
    >> > a long time of waiting from the iPhone 4.

    >>
    >> You are one sad human being.

    >
    >AND, they pulled the app, "Siri" from the Apple store and made it so
    >you have to buy the new 4s in order to get it!! SCUMMMMMM!!!!


    What are you - some kind of communist? Why do you feel you're
    entitled to whatever you want?

    --
    Ray Fischer | Mendocracy (n.) government by lying
    | The new GOP ideal
    Ray Fischer, Oct 9, 2011
    #17
  18. (Ray Fischer) writes:

    > RichA <> wrote:


    >>AND, they pulled the app, "Siri" from the Apple store and made it so
    >>you have to buy the new 4s in order to get it!! SCUMMMMMM!!!!

    >
    > What are you - some kind of communist? Why do you feel you're
    > entitled to whatever you want?


    I'm a big opponent of fake (artificial) scarcity. They're gouging money
    out of people by choosing not to sell a piece of software they used to
    sell. That's legally within their rights, but it's scummy behavior and
    I remember that sort of thing about companies.
    David Dyer-Bennet, Oct 10, 2011
    #18
  19. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/10/2011 3:40 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
    > (Ray Fischer) writes:
    >
    >> RichA<> wrote:

    >
    >>> AND, they pulled the app, "Siri" from the Apple store and made it so
    >>> you have to buy the new 4s in order to get it!! SCUMMMMMM!!!!

    >>
    >> What are you - some kind of communist? Why do you feel you're
    >> entitled to whatever you want?

    >
    > I'm a big opponent of fake (artificial) scarcity. They're gouging money
    > out of people by choosing not to sell a piece of software they used to
    > sell. That's legally within their rights, but it's scummy behavior and
    > I remember that sort of thing about companies.


    If they did that, the cost of support would drive the cost of software
    way up

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 12, 2011
    #19
  20. Eric Stevens <> writes:

    > On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 14:40:39 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> (Ray Fischer) writes:
    >>
    >>> RichA <> wrote:

    >>
    >>>>AND, they pulled the app, "Siri" from the Apple store and made it so
    >>>>you have to buy the new 4s in order to get it!! SCUMMMMMM!!!!
    >>>
    >>> What are you - some kind of communist? Why do you feel you're
    >>> entitled to whatever you want?

    >>
    >>I'm a big opponent of fake (artificial) scarcity. They're gouging money
    >>out of people by choosing not to sell a piece of software they used to
    >>sell. That's legally within their rights, but it's scummy behavior and
    >>I remember that sort of thing about companies.

    >
    > Are you saying they shouldn't have upgraded it?


    I'm saying they shouldn't have changed the sale terms.

    > Or are you saying they should keep on selling obsolete versions of
    > their software? (I don't know of anybody who does that.)


    Lots of people do; check what versions of Sony Vegas are available on
    Amazon, for example.
    David Dyer-Bennet, Oct 12, 2011
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Catherine

    Five Free Anger Management Tips

    Catherine, May 7, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    542
    slumpy
    May 8, 2004
  2. ClarkVent
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    440
    ClarkVent
    Jan 6, 2004
  3. Rich
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    1,075
  4. kpg

    OT: Anger management

    kpg, Nov 17, 2006, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    643
    Cerebrus
    Nov 19, 2006
  5. lottwoodard
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    431
    I_Am_The_Walrus
    Apr 22, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page