Apple; a mental disease for its victims

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, May 20, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Re: Apple; a mental disease for its victims

    On May 20, 3:13 am, RichA <> wrote:
    > Truly funny and sad.
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/05/19/apple.religion/inde...

    It does seem to be the American way to pump everyone up.
    reminds me of cheer leaders at American football matches.
    The UK doesn't really have such creatures.

    I personally don't entirely understand all the high fives etc..

    Whisky-dave, May 20, 2011

  3. RichA

    shiva das Guest

    Re: Apple; a mental disease for its victims

    In article
    <>,
    Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    > On May 20, 3:13 am, RichA <> wrote:
    > > Truly funny and sad.
    > >
    > > http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/05/19/apple.religion/inde...

    > It does seem to be the American way to pump everyone up.
    > reminds me of cheer leaders at American football matches.
    > The UK doesn't really have such creatures.
    >
    > I personally don't entirely understand all the high fives etc..

    No, the UK has drunken riotous soccer hooligans instead... If I want to
    get beat up by sports fans I'll go to a hockey game.

    shiva das, May 20, 2011
  4. RichA

    GMAN Guest

    Re: Apple; a mental disease for its victims

    In article <>, Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >On May 20, 3:13=A0am, RichA <> wrote:
    >> Truly funny and sad.
    >>
    >> http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/05/19/apple.religion/inde...

    >It does seem to be the American way to pump everyone up.
    >reminds me of cheer leaders at American football matches.
    >The UK doesn't really have such creatures.

    The athletes in Europe are too busy trying to grab one anothers nutsacks to
    care about hot women!!!!

    See below

    http://www.ocreader.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/vinnie_jones.jpg

    GMAN, May 20, 2011
  5. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: Apple; a mental disease for its victims

    On Fri, 20 May 2011 15:49:23 GMT,
    (GMAN) wrote:

    >In article <>, Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >>On May 20, 3:13=A0am, RichA <> wrote:
    >>> Truly funny and sad.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/05/19/apple.religion/inde...

    >>It does seem to be the American way to pump everyone up.
    >>reminds me of cheer leaders at American football matches.
    >>The UK doesn't really have such creatures.

    >The athletes in Europe are too busy trying to grab one anothers nutsacks to
    >care about hot women!!!!
    >

    >See below
    >
    >http://www.ocreader.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/vinnie_jones.jpg

    It is not just Europeans. I took this at a rugby match here in
    Orlando.

    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Sports/sports/2/496130929_CT6Cw-XL.jpg
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, May 20, 2011
  6. RichA

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, tony cooper <> wrote:
    >On Fri, 20 May 2011 15:49:23 GMT,
    >(GMAN) wrote:
    >
    >>In article

    > <>,
    > Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    >>>It does seem to be the American way to pump everyone up.
    >>>reminds me of cheer leaders at American football matches.
    >>>The UK doesn't really have such creatures.

    >>The athletes in Europe are too busy trying to grab one anothers nutsacks to
    >>care about hot women!!!!
    >>

    >>See below
    >>
    >>http://www.ocreader.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/vinnie_jones.jpg

    >It is not just Europeans. I took this at a rugby match here in
    >Orlando.
    >
    >http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Sports/sports/2/496130929_CT6Cw-XL.jpg

    Well one could say he is just taking his balance away from the other player.
    What i was reffering to are blatant penis grabbing by EU and South American
    players

    http://www.chinasmack.
    com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/football-players-grab-genitals.jpg

    GMAN, May 20, 2011
  7. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On May 20, 10:32 am, Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    > On May 20, 3:13 am, RichA <> wrote:
    >
    > > Truly funny and sad.

    > >http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/05/19/apple.religion/inde...

    > It does seem to be the American way to pump everyone up.
    > reminds me of cheer leaders at American football matches.
    > The UK doesn't really have such creatures.
    >
    > I personally don't entirely understand all the high fives etc..

    You walk into offices and see the "motivational" posters on the walls,
    exhorting people to greater efforts. Brings a tear to my eye!

    RichA, May 20, 2011
  8. RichA

    GMAN Guest

    In article <2011052010184016807-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >On 2011-05-20 09:18:49 -0700, tony cooper <> said:
    >
    >> On Fri, 20 May 2011 15:49:23 GMT,
    >> (GMAN) wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article
    >>> <>,

    >>> The athletes in Europe are too busy trying to grab one anothers nutsacks to
    >>> care about hot women!!!!
    >>>

    >>> See below
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ocreader.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/vinnie_jones.jpg

    >Aah! An opportunistic euro-masculine gesture.

    Nothing masculine about that!!!

    GMAN, May 20, 2011
  9. Re: Apple; a mental disease for its victims

    On 5/20/11 10:18 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2011-05-20 09:18:49 -0700, tony cooper <>
    > said:

    >> It is not just Europeans. I took this at a rugby match here in
    >> Orlando.
    >>
    >> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Sports/sports/2/496130929_CT6Cw-XL.jpg

    > That's just a good tackle.
    > The guy in orange is about to hit the ground hard, and he will not have
    > possession of the ball.

    No, as he's gently flipping it over his head to his trailing teammate. Try!!

    John McWilliams, May 21, 2011
  10. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: Apple; a mental disease for its victims

    On Fri, 20 May 2011 19:44:32 -0500, Allen <>
    wrote:

    >On 5/20/2011 11:18 AM, tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 May 2011 15:49:23 GMT,
    >> (GMAN) wrote:

    >>> The athletes in Europe are too busy trying to grab one anothers nutsacks to
    >>> care about hot women!!!!
    >>>

    >>> See below
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ocreader.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/vinnie_jones.jpg

    >> It is not just Europeans. I took this at a rugby match here in
    >> Orlando.
    >>
    >> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Sports/sports/2/496130929_CT6Cw-XL.jpg

    >Just proves the validity of the 1960s-70s bumper sticker: "It Takes
    >Leather Balls To Play Rugby". Even more popular than "Reunite Gondwanaland".
    >Allen

    My bumper sticker was "My son is a hooker". My son's bumper sticker
    was "Give Blood. Play Rugby."

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, May 21, 2011
  11. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >Truly funny and sad.

    That you are.

    Ray Fischer, May 23, 2011
  12. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    Re: Apple; a mental disease for its victims

    Whisky-dave wrote:

    <edited for brevity>

    > It does seem to be the American way to pump everyone up.
    > reminds me of cheer leaders at American football matches.
    > The UK doesn't really have such creatures.

    U.S. "gridiron" football >games<, not "matches" (the latter
    items are dangerous, and can start forest fires, according
    to "Smokey Bear").

    > I personally don't entirely understand all the high fives
    > etc..

    I don't, either...it looks silly.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, May 27, 2011
  13. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    Savageduck wrote:

    > > On 2011-05-20 18:43:44 -0700, tony cooper <>
    > > said:

    <edited for brevity>

    > > My bumper sticker was "My son is a hooker". My son's bumper sticker
    > > was "Give Blood. Play Rugby."

    > Yup! I have played hooker, tight-head prop, flank and lock.

    Did you ever play >real< football? It seems you would've been a natural
    "wingback."

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>