    I looked at the Sony 23" and it does not look nearly as clear - and it
    is $2,500 while the Apple Cinema Display is $1,999.
    Comments?
    Mick Mc Grenaghan, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Mick Mc Grenaghan

    Mitch Hughes Guest

    In article <>, Mick Mc
    Grenaghan <> wrote:

    > How well does this beautiful monitor work with a PC? It looks awesome
    > hooked up on an Apple - They also had it hooked up on a PC and to me
    > it did not look as good - not as bright or clear. Is it a good idea to
    > use this Monitor with a PC?
    > I have read in the Apple bulletin boards that some people have concern
    > getting the most out of it when hooking up to a PC.
    > I looked at the Sony 23" and it does not look nearly as clear - and it
    > is $2,500 while the Apple Cinema Display is $1,999.
    > Comments?

    I haven't had the opportunity to compare them that way, but I think the
    favored connector on Macs is digital. Since many PCs won't have the
    digital connector, that might account for the difference you saw.
    With a digital video card, you might see the same quality.

    By the way, the Apple 23 has been available for quite a while now --
    rumor is that a larger display is around the corner, probably around
    30 inches (!) and probably directed only at the very high-end users.
    Mitch Hughes, Nov 13, 2003