    simply render the entire platform unusable.

    Ed Felten has an acute analysis here
    <http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/felten/flash-scratch-ajax-apples-war-programming>.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 17, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    grum Guest

    > Apple’s efforts to maintain the monopoly of its App Store are starting to
    > seem, frankly, insane. Insane because they are ultimately futile, but the
    > company seems incapable of admitting that, even while those efforts will
    > simply render the entire platform unusable.
    >
    > Ed Felten has an acute analysis here
    > <http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/felten/flash-scratch-ajax-apples-war-programming>.

    It's always so amusing when people start using this kind of language
    with reference to Apple and it's strategies. It sounds a bit, er,
    "screechy" to me. I'm sure SJ is lying awake worrying about this right now.

    Meanwhile all my Apple products are working fine (so are my Microsoft /
    Linux ones), I fully expect them to continue to do so, and my Apple
    shares are doing very nicely thank you :)

    grum, Apr 19, 2010