    Thanks,

    Sal
    , Jul 13, 2005

  2. Your questions:

    1. Is AppDev good? It depends on your learning style. The AppDev courseware
    is good for those who do well with CBTs. Depending on your handicap, they may
    be far easier for you than reading. The value of CBT is you are certing
    because you know the material and not because you read a cheat sheet. Do the
    exercises or the value is limited.

    2. Handicap? It is illegal for a company, consulting or otherwise, to refuse
    to hire a qualified candidate because of a handicap. Having said that, it
    does happen, in companies that are consulting and otherwise. Whether you will
    be discriminated against, or not, is based on the nature of your handicap and
    how it reduces your viability as an employee. If you are good, it will be a
    hamper at the beginning and less so as you gain notariety on your skills.
    Success overcomes most obstacles.

    3. I would use the curiculum. In addition, I would run through some prep
    tests ... for two reasons: 1) They help you get over the nervousness and 2)
    most are very similar in nature to what you can expect on the real test. Make
    sure you understand the reasoning behind the right answers on any prep test
    you take. It is the lack of knowing why that kills most people that test.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP, Jul 14, 2005