Apparently Microsoft Windows XP Is Far From Dead

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Brian Adams, Jul 23, 2007.

  1. Brian Adams

    Brian Adams Guest

    Brian Adams, Jul 23, 2007

  2. In message <>, Brian Adams wrote:

    > At the latest budget meeting they “fine tuned the Vista/XP mix”. This
    > means that they are expecting to make more money off of the ostracized OS
    > than they had first predicted. Initial expectations were of an 85/15 split
    > between Vista and XP respectively. The new numbers reflect a noticeably
    > higher number, 78/22.

    http://www.slashgear.com/apparently-microsoft-windows-xp-is-far-from-dead-236351.php

    A lot of users are getting machines with Visaster preinstalled, and then
    exercising their "downgrade rights" to get an activation key for XP on
    those machines. So my question is: do such machines get counted as a Vista
    sale or an XP sale? My guess is, they're included in the Vista total, since
    Vista, not XP, is what shipped with the machine. So that's probably
    inflated as it is.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 25, 2007