Apparently Im a thief

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Shane, Jan 6, 2007.

  1. Shane

    Shane Guest

    (Please note the person who made the following post has several times
    admitted to stealing via p2p)

    http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/9cb43e4a575f64b6?hl=en&
    Really, let's be honest though. The majority (not all) of Linux users
    in the home use Linux because it is now harder to steal Windows (and
    same for OOo versus MS Office).

    It wasn't a coincidence that the increase in Linux users coincided
    with the implementation of technologies by Microsoft to protect
    themselves from theft.

    __EOP__

    I'll keep that in mind as he clutters up the noise group with his.. oh Im a
    moderate, I really have nothing against Linux
    Shane, Jan 6, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Shane

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 17:05:30 +1300, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    exclaimed:

    >(Please note the person who made the following post has several times
    >admitted to stealing via p2p)
    >
    >http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/9cb43e4a575f64b6?hl=en&
    >Really, let's be honest though. The majority (not all) of Linux users
    >in the home use Linux because it is now harder to steal Windows (and
    >same for OOo versus MS Office).
    >
    >It wasn't a coincidence that the increase in Linux users coincided
    >with the implementation of technologies by Microsoft to protect
    >themselves from theft.
    >
    >__EOP__
    >
    >I'll keep that in mind as he clutters up the noise group with his.. oh Im a
    >moderate, I really have nothing against Linux


    Firstly, where have I admitted stealing via P2P? ALL of the software
    on my machine is 100% genuine, thank you very much.

    Secondly, are you using pirated Windows? If so, you are a thief. If
    not, then I am not calling you one. I am calling you an idiot,
    however.

    Thirdly, that post is about 1.5 months old. Why bring it up now?
    Fred Dagg, Jan 6, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Shane

    Phil Guest

    Shane wrote, On 6/01/07 5.05 p:
    > (Please note the person who made the following post has several times
    > admitted to stealing via p2p)
    >
    > http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/9cb43e4a575f64b6?hl=en&
    > Really, let's be honest though. The majority (not all) of Linux users
    > in the home use Linux because it is now harder to steal Windows (and
    > same for OOo versus MS Office).


    It's harder to steal Windows now?

    The current process for stealing Vista is to run a virtual machine once
    every six months for a few minutes.

    -Phil
    Phil, Jan 6, 2007
    #3
  4. Shane

    Miguel Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    >
    > Firstly, where have I admitted stealing via P2P?
    >


    Shane may possibly have been referring to...

    <snip>
    From: Fred Dagg
    Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:32:57 +1300
    Subject: Re: Easy to use newsreader for Linux...suggestions?

    [...]
    an ep down in less than 15 mins is awesome - very good when
    there's an excitiing ep of Prison Break or something out.
    [...]

    </snip>

    Personally i find it hard to think of it as stealing as I may have done
    something similar once or twice. But unless you have the copyright
    owners permission I'm pretty sure it's illegal.


    <snip>
    > Secondly, are you using pirated Windows? If so [...] I am calling you an idiot,

    </snip>

    Well if you're calling someone an idiot for using Windows may I suggest
    an alternative operating system.....hmmm, what's it called now :)

    <snip>
    > Thirdly, that post is about 1.5 months old. Why bring it up now?

    </snip>

    That's what I thought too.

    Regards
    Miguel
    Miguel, Jan 6, 2007
    #4
  5. Miguel wrote:
    > Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> Firstly, where have I admitted stealing via P2P?
    >>

    >
    > Shane may possibly have been referring to...
    >
    > <snip>
    > From: Fred Dagg
    > Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:32:57 +1300
    > Subject: Re: Easy to use newsreader for Linux...suggestions?
    >
    > [...]
    > an ep down in less than 15 mins is awesome - very good when
    > there's an excitiing ep of Prison Break or something out.
    > [...]
    >
    > </snip>


    Classic.
    Mark Robinson, Jan 6, 2007
    #5
  6. In article <>,
    says...
    >
    > Well if you're calling someone an idiot for using Windows may I suggest
    > an alternative operating system.....hmmm, what's it called now :)
    >


    'Tiger' I believe. Just as soon as they remove the hook that checks if it's
    running on Mac-built hardware, I may look into it. Somehow I don't see them
    offering it as a hardware-purchase independent OS though.

    -P.

    --
    =========================================
    firstname dot lastname at gmail fullstop com
    Peter Huebner, Jan 6, 2007
    #6
  7. Shane

    Shane Guest

    Mark Robinson wrote:

    > Miguel wrote:
    >> Fred Dagg wrote:
    >>> Firstly, where have I admitted stealing via P2P?
    >>>

    >>
    >> Shane may possibly have been referring to...
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >> From: Fred Dagg
    >> Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:32:57 +1300
    >> Subject: Re: Easy to use newsreader for Linux...suggestions?
    >>
    >> [...]
    >> an ep down in less than 15 mins is awesome - very good when
    >> there's an excitiing ep of Prison Break or something out.
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> </snip>

    >
    > Classic.


    The reason I chose to try linux was the fact it was open source, which gave
    me a look how things work on the inside.

    The reason(s) I replayed his post was he's admitted to being a thief (in the
    copyright sense of the word), he's spent the last few weeks making a mess
    of this noisegroup (along with David Murray and to a lesser extent
    Lawrence) over BS, and he's shown himself to be a hypocrite

    Further I have noticed he is now trying to say he has nothing against linux
    in fact he even claims it makes a brilliant webserver..

    </rant>
    Shane, Jan 6, 2007
    #7
  8. Shane

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 09:20:33 +1300, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    exclaimed:
    >
    >The reason I chose to try linux was the fact it was open source, which gave
    >me a look how things work on the inside.


    Good for you. Your point being??

    >The reason(s) I replayed his post was he's admitted to being a thief (in the
    >copyright sense of the word), he's spent the last few weeks making a mess
    >of this noisegroup (along with David Murray and to a lesser extent
    >Lawrence) over BS, and he's shown himself to be a hypocrite


    Bollocks.

    >Further I have noticed he is now trying to say he has nothing against linux
    >in fact he even claims it makes a brilliant webserver..


    I don't have anything against Linux, fool. My problem is with zealots
    who make false claims about it, not the OS itself. Where have I said
    that Linux is crap for all uses and all circumstances?

    It's just Shane in his typical black and white world. You get that
    with thick people.
    Fred Dagg, Jan 7, 2007
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. ns

    Thief MAC ADDRESS

    ns, Mar 3, 2005, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    460
  2. catwalker63

    OT: Thief with no clue

    catwalker63, Apr 2, 2005, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    441
    catwalker63
    Apr 2, 2005
  3. Ant

    To catch a Thief.

    Ant, Sep 19, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    20
    Views:
    4,698
    Samuel Townsend
    Sep 21, 2004
  4. LCT

    Thief Market

    LCT, Oct 1, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    442
    George Kerby
    Oct 1, 2003
  5. DVD Verdict
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    458
    DVD Verdict
    Sep 4, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page