    turn them back on with a timer.

    Thanks in advance

    brian

    brian, Nov 9, 2003

  2. brian

    Frederic Guest

    on which operating system?

    you can also use sc.exe utility
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBA/tip0400/rh0465.htm

    but scripts should work fine

    you can use msdos batch files
    on NT and 2K the net stop/start command runs fine and is as fast as doing it
    manually with the graphical interface.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Fred>net stop "print spooler"
    The Print Spooler service is stopping.
    The Print Spooler service was stopped successfully.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Fred>net start "print spooler"
    The Print Spooler service is starting.
    The Print Spooler service was started successfully.

    you can also use Windows Script Host
    http://www.winnetmag.com/WindowsScripting/Article/ArticleID/21280/21280.html
    http://www.microsoft.com/scripting

    --
    Frederic
    MCP, i-Net+, CIWA, A+

    Frederic, Nov 10, 2003

  3. brian

    brian Guest

    Thanks for the info, it is windows 2000 server.
    my customer is having problems backing up there server because Sybase
    service is running. I setup a batch file with a timer to stop the sybase
    service and start the service but 2 to 3 times a week is seems to hang on
    them, So I would like to use a windows app that will stop the service at
    12:00am - 5:00am and start the service automatically at 6:00am.

    Thanks again,

    Brian

    brian, Nov 10, 2003
  4. brian

    Frederic Guest

    Then you should use pstools from sysinternals with windows scheduler
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psservice.shtml
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml

    Frederic, Nov 10, 2003