    someone knew of to tell me the realtime draw off the PSU.

    http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ tells me I need a 379W power
    supply. but this is theory.
    cowboyz, Jan 22, 2004

  2. cowboyz wrote:
    > Possible? Plausable? Does one exist?

    you would have to have some sort of reporting being done by the PSU, and
    that AFAIK, doesnt happen at this stage... it may be possible, but it
    isn't done at the moment.

    > http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ tells me I need a 379W power
    > supply. but this is theory.

    440W needed here(well 436W), but it runs just fine on a 431W Enermax one...

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 22, 2004

  3. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >> Possible? Plausable? Does one exist?

    > you would have to have some sort of reporting being done by the PSU,
    > and that AFAIK, doesnt happen at this stage... it may be possible,
    > but it isn't done at the moment.
    >
    >> http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ tells me I need a 379W
    >> power supply. but this is theory.

    > 440W needed here(well 436W), but it runs just fine on a 431W Enermax
    > one...

    give me one of your CPUs and then you will be under 431W.

    Theory is all good but at the end of the day I was running everything bar
    the DVDR on 300W and considering the DVDr is surposed to only use 16W
    (manual) or 25W(that site) then that still put me well over yet it run fine.
    Just that little extra broke the camels back.
    cowboyz, Jan 22, 2004
  4. cowboyz

    E. Guest

    cowboyz wrote:

    > Possible? Plausable? Does one exist?
    >
    > I put a DVDR in my XP2100 and runnign on a 300W power supply things started
    > to get a bit hairy. BSOD. DVD not detecting disc. Faulure to detect hard
    > drive on boot. Things like this. I put it down to lack of power so
    > replaced my 300W with a 400W and all is good.
    >
    > So. Even though problem is fixed I was wondering if there was an app
    > someone knew of to tell me the realtime draw off the PSU.
    >

    > http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ tells me I need a 379W power
    > supply. but this is theory.

    Comes as standard with the APC UPS's.
    E.
    E., Jan 22, 2004
  5. cowboyz

    colinco Guest

    In article <400f6f65$>, says...
    > > So. Even though problem is fixed I was wondering if there was an app
    > > someone knew of to tell me the realtime draw off the PSU.
    > >

    > > http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ tells me I need a 379W power
    > > supply. but this is theory.

    > Comes as standard with the APC UPS's.
    > E.

    Total watts still doesn't tell you whether 12V or 5V rail is overloaded.
    colinco, Jan 22, 2004
  6. On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:17:29 +1300, colinco <> wrote:

    >In article <400f6f65$>, says...
    >> > So. Even though problem is fixed I was wondering if there was an app
    >> > someone knew of to tell me the realtime draw off the PSU.
    >> >

    >> > http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ tells me I need a 379W power
    >> > supply. but this is theory.

    >> Comes as standard with the APC UPS's.
    >> E.
    >>

    >Total watts still doesn't tell you whether 12V or 5V rail is overloaded.

    Some brand have lot more Amps on the 12v line..

    Enermax being one of them..
    Brian Withers, Jan 23, 2004