    OUTLOOK' as my email viewer, but after the hassle, I decided against
    it....and it's been there ever since.....HOPE YOU CAN HELP, even a
    suggestion would be good.....Anyway, ALL THE BEST.....FRED

    fredcromer, Jun 10, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    Toolman Tim Guest

    fredcromer wrote:
    > As a newcomer to computing, I still have not been able to solve this
    > annoying problem..........Somehow, I managed to get the MS OUITLOOK
    > icon, not a shortcut, the actuall program, it's on my DESKTOP along
    > with the usual suspects...I cannot get it back to program
    > files,.tried right click,drag......tried other suggested ways, it's
    > really getting on my nerves now, Can some comp wiz pease give me some
    > suggestions how to get it to where it obviously came from, which I
    > think, must be prog files,...am i right ??? Remember, i've been using
    > computer for 4 months now, and this is a puzzler....I remember why it
    > got there, it was when i wanted to check out the newsgroups, as i was
    > considering changing 'OUTLOOK EXPRESS' to 'MS OUTLOOK' as my email
    > viewer, but after the hassle, I decided against it....and it's been
    > there ever since.....HOPE YOU CAN HELP, even a suggestion would be
    > good.....Anyway, ALL THE BEST.....FRED

    Question, Fred: What happens if you highlight the icon (click on it once)
    and press the Delete key? (Don't finish deleting it, just tell me what your
    computer says, then hit cancel).

    --
    Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain

    Toolman Tim, Jun 10, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    fredcromer Guest

    Nice one Tim, At Last, and i've had loads of suggestions before,.....I
    deleted it, and then searched for it, It had gone somewhere other than prog
    files, but it allowed me to move it there with help via an info box
    help....Chers mate......FRED

    fredcromer, Jun 10, 2004
  4. fredcromer

    Toolman Tim Guest

    fredcromer wrote:
    > Nice one Tim, At Last, and i've had loads of suggestions before,.....I
    > deleted it, and then searched for it, It had gone somewhere other
    > than prog files, but it allowed me to move it there with help via an
    > info box help....Chers mate......FRED

    You bet...I've seen Outlook rename the Windows Messaging Service "Inbox" to
    Outlook before...that's why I was thinking it wasn't really what it looked
    like.

    --
    Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain

    Toolman Tim, Jun 10, 2004