    I always thought Xtra and Telecom were supposed to be two seperate entities
    or did all the Xtra staff get the boot when the Bubble burst?

    -ws

    Will Spencer, Aug 29, 2007

  2. Will Spencer

    XPD Guest

    "Will Spencer" <> wrote in message
    news:12hnjz53qas2n$.budtlipp7jnh$...

    > Dear customer,
    >
    > <blah blah blah wank wank wank>
    >
    > We thank you for your patience and understanding.
    >
    > All of us at Telecom
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > I always thought Xtra and Telecom were supposed to be two seperate
    > entities
    > or did all the Xtra staff get the boot when the Bubble burst?
    >
    > -ws

    Yeah its amusing when they try saying that theyre nothing to do with one
    another..... I asked an Xtra employee one day who signed their pay
    checks.... Telecom.

    XPD, Aug 29, 2007

  3. Will Spencer

    sam Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > "Will Spencer" <> wrote in message
    >> Dear customer,
    >>
    >> <blah blah blah wank wank wank>
    >>
    >> We thank you for your patience and understanding.
    >>
    >> All of us at Telecom
    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>
    >> I always thought Xtra and Telecom were supposed to be two seperate
    >> entities
    >> or did all the Xtra staff get the boot when the Bubble burst?
    >>
    >> -ws
    >>

    > Yeah its amusing when they try saying that theyre nothing to do with one
    > another..... I asked an Xtra employee one day who signed their pay
    > checks.... Telecom.

    Its not really news that xtra is Telecom's ISP is it ?

    sam, Aug 29, 2007
  4. Will Spencer

    Donchano Guest

    On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:25:34 +1200, sam <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >XPD wrote:
    >> "Will Spencer" <> wrote in message
    >>> Dear customer,
    >>>
    >>> <blah blah blah wank wank wank>
    >>>
    >>> We thank you for your patience and understanding.
    >>>
    >>> All of us at Telecom
    >>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>
    >>> I always thought Xtra and Telecom were supposed to be two seperate
    >>> entities
    >>> or did all the Xtra staff get the boot when the Bubble burst?
    >>>
    >>> -ws
    >>>

    >> Yeah its amusing when they try saying that theyre nothing to do with one
    >> another..... I asked an Xtra employee one day who signed their pay
    >> checks.... Telecom.
    >>

    >Its not really news that xtra is Telecom's ISP is it ?

    No. But for years - and up until recently - they claimed to be
    separate entities. As a result, each could blame the other for any
    problems customers' were experiencing. Just part of their corporate
    culture of "hear no problems, see no problems, admit no problems."

    Donchano, Aug 29, 2007
  5. Will Spencer

    Gordon Guest

    On 2007-08-29, XPD <> wrote:

    > "Will Spencer" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Dear customer,
    >>
    >> <blah blah blah wank wank wank>
    >>
    >> We thank you for your patience and understanding.
    >>
    >> All of us at Telecom
    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>
    >> I always thought Xtra and Telecom were supposed to be two seperate
    >> entities
    >> or did all the Xtra staff get the boot when the Bubble burst?
    >>
    >> -ws
    >>

    > Yeah its amusing when they try saying that theyre nothing to do with one
    > another..... I asked an Xtra employee one day who signed their pay
    > checks.... Telecom.

    That is okay, as xtra is a wholy owned subsidary of Telecom.

    Signing Pay Checks? Do they reall still have these? If so, how so yesterday.

    Gordon, Aug 30, 2007
  6. Will Spencer

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Will Spencer wrote:
    > Dear customer,
    >
    > <blah blah blah wank wank wank>
    >
    > We thank you for your patience and understanding.
    >
    > All of us at Telecom
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > I always thought Xtra and Telecom were supposed to be two seperate
    > entities or did all the Xtra staff get the boot when the Bubble burst?
    >
    > -ws

    I've had it with Xtra and I'm not even a customer! I've had to ring Telecom
    (123) several times this week only to be forced to listen to a long-winded
    apology for the "Yahoo Bubble" fiasco.

    Hey! Telecom! If I wanted Xtra I'd ring 0800 CALLXTRA. When I dial 123 I
    want to speak to someone about the phone lines.

    <sigh>
    --
    TTFN.

    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 30, 2007
  7. In article <46d669d4$>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >Will Spencer wrote:
    >> Dear customer,
    >>
    >> <blah blah blah wank wank wank>
    >>
    >> We thank you for your patience and understanding.
    >>
    >> All of us at Telecom
    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>
    >> I always thought Xtra and Telecom were supposed to be two seperate
    >> entities or did all the Xtra staff get the boot when the Bubble burst?
    >>
    >> -ws

    >I've had it with Xtra and I'm not even a customer! I've had to ring Telecom
    >(123) several times this week only to be forced to listen to a long-winded
    >apology for the "Yahoo Bubble" fiasco.
    >
    >Hey! Telecom! If I wanted Xtra I'd ring 0800 CALLXTRA. When I dial 123 I
    >want to speak to someone about the phone lines.

    Call the business one (126 ? ) and act surprised when a real person answers
    and they want to talk business. Ask if they can put you through to the right
    department. The business guys understand a little more about customer
    service than the ... others :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 6, 2007
  8. Will Spencer

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <46d669d4$>, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    > > Will Spencer wrote:
    > > > Dear customer,
    > > >
    > > > <blah blah blah wank wank wank>
    > > >
    > > > We thank you for your patience and understanding.
    > > >
    > > > All of us at Telecom
    > > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > > >
    > > > I always thought Xtra and Telecom were supposed to be two seperate
    > > > entities or did all the Xtra staff get the boot when the Bubble
    > > > burst?
    > > >
    > > > -ws

    > > I've had it with Xtra and I'm not even a customer! I've had to ring
    > > Telecom (123) several times this week only to be forced to listen
    > > to a long-winded apology for the "Yahoo Bubble" fiasco.
    > >
    > > Hey! Telecom! If I wanted Xtra I'd ring 0800 CALLXTRA. When I dial
    > > 123 I want to speak to someone about the phone lines.

    > Call the business one (126 ? ) and act surprised when a real person
    > answers
    > and they want to talk business. Ask if they can put you through to
    > the right department. The business guys understand a little more
    > about customer
    > service than the ... others :)

    Handy tip, thanks. :)
    --