    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

    RonB, Sep 27, 2009

  2. RonB

    Carnations Guest

    On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 00:30:06 -0500, RonB wrote:

    > Sorry about my crossposting responses here. It never occurred to me to
    > snip nz.comp in my response. (We get a lot of crossposts, so it becomes
    > a force of habit to just respond.) Will definitely *not* crosspost to
    > nz.comp in the future.

    Why?

    If it is on-topic and you're not excessively cross-posting I see nothing wrong with crossposting to
    nz.comp.

    Nothing to apologize for.

    Carnations, Sep 27, 2009

  3. RonB

    peterwn Guest

    On Sep 27, 5:30 pm, RonB <> wrote:
    > Sorry about my crossposting responses here. It never occurred to me to
    > snip nz.comp in my response. (We get a lot of crossposts, so it becomes
    > a force of habit to just respond.) Will definitely *not* crosspost to
    > nz.comp in the future.

    Ron - to whom are you apologising? I cannot see any complaint on
    nz.comp that warrants an apology.

    Wintrolls drop their crap all over nz.comp as well as
    comp.os.linux.advocacy and need a good winding up now and again.

    peterwn, Sep 27, 2009
  4. RonB

    victor Guest

    peterwn wrote:
    > On Sep 27, 5:30 pm, RonB <> wrote:
    >> Sorry about my crossposting responses here. It never occurred to me to
    >> snip nz.comp in my response. (We get a lot of crossposts, so it becomes
    >> a force of habit to just respond.) Will definitely *not* crosspost to
    >> nz.comp in the future.
    >>

    > Ron - to whom are you apologising? I cannot see any complaint on
    > nz.comp that warrants an apology.
    >
    > Wintrolls drop their crap all over nz.comp as well as
    > comp.os.linux.advocacy and need a good winding up now and again.

    Why don't you stick to one or the other ?
    Crossposting is bad newsgroup etiquette, please stop doing it.
    I don't give a SHIT what you think about "wintrolls".

    victor, Sep 27, 2009
  5. RonB

    peterwn Guest

    On Sep 27, 8:07 pm, victor <> wrote:
    > peterwn wrote:
    > > On Sep 27, 5:30 pm, RonB <> wrote:
    > >> Sorry about my crossposting responses here. It never occurred to me to
    > >> snip nz.comp in my response. (We get a lot of crossposts, so it becomes
    > >> a force of habit to just respond.) Will definitely *not* crosspost to
    > >> nz.comp in the future.

    > > Ron - to whom are you apologising? I cannot see any complaint on
    > > nz.comp that warrants an apology.

    > > Wintrolls drop their crap all over nz.comp as well as
    > > comp.os.linux.advocacy and need a good winding up now and again.

    > Why don't you stick to one or the other ?
    > Crossposting is bad newsgroup etiquette, please stop doing it.
    > I don't give a SHIT what you think about "wintrolls".

    Perhaps, but occasional cross posting to two groups is OK IMO.

    If you do not care about the particular topic, you need not read it.

    peterwn, Sep 27, 2009
  6. RonB

    RonB Guest

    Carnations wrote:
    > On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 00:30:06 -0500, RonB wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry about my crossposting responses here. It never occurred to me to
    >> snip nz.comp in my response. (We get a lot of crossposts, so it becomes
    >> a force of habit to just respond.) Will definitely *not* crosspost to
    >> nz.comp in the future.

    > Why?
    >
    > If it is on-topic and you're not excessively cross-posting I see nothing wrong with crossposting to
    > nz.comp.
    >
    > Nothing to apologize for.

    Problem is, we've got one of the worst MacTrolls in the world (Snit) and
    he would be more than glad to expand his "audience" by adding another
    newsgroup. I've got him killfiled, but others in our newsgroup respond
    to him and he responds to me. I wouldn't want this plague loosed on you
    folks because of my stupidity.

    And, since no one here knows me, I just want to say that I personally
    don't care what anyone uses (Mac, Windows, Linux, whatever). I use
    Linux, but the terms "MacTroll" and "WinTroll" refer to the obnoxious
    few, who disrupt the Linux advocacy newsgroup, who can't tolerate any
    other choice. (And, I understand, that there are Linux Trolls out there
    also.)

    I'll quit rambling now. Thanks for your kind words.

    RonB, Sep 27, 2009
  7. RonB

    victor Guest

    peterwn wrote:
    > On Sep 27, 8:07 pm, victor <> wrote:
    >> peterwn wrote:
    >>> Ron - to whom are you apologising? I cannot see any complaint on
    >>> nz.comp that warrants an apology.
    >>> Wintrolls drop their crap all over nz.comp as well as
    >>> comp.os.linux.advocacy and need a good winding up now and again.

    >> Why don't you stick to one or the other ?
    >> Crossposting is bad newsgroup etiquette, please stop doing it.
    >> I don't give a SHIT what you think about "wintrolls".

    > Perhaps, but occasional cross posting to two groups is OK IMO.
    >
    > If you do not care about the particular topic, you need not read it.

    Its an obnoxious practice that has killed nz.politics for example.
    Please choose one or the other, its not about your original post.

    victor, Sep 27, 2009
  8. RonB

    Carnations Guest

    On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 23:09:37 +1300, victor wrote:

    > Its an obnoxious practice that has killed nz.politics for example.
    > Please choose one or the other, its not about your original post.

    What you appear to not understand is that you can filter out crossposted articles if you do not wish to
    see them.

    And, the occasional crossposting, especially if it is to a very small number of groups is OK if it is totally
    on-topic for all groups that it is posted to.

    Carnations, Sep 27, 2009
  9. RonB

    impossible Guest

    "peterwn" <> wrote in message
    On Sep 27, 8:07 pm, victor <> wrote:
    >> peterwn wrote:

    >> > Ron - to whom are you apologising? I cannot see any complaint on
    >> > nz.comp that warrants an apology.

    >> > Wintrolls drop their crap all over nz.comp as well as
    >> > comp.os.linux.advocacy and need a good winding up now and again.

    >> Why don't you stick to one or the other ?
    >> Crossposting is bad newsgroup etiquette, please stop doing it.
    >> I don't give a SHIT what you think about "wintrolls".

    > Perhaps, but occasional cross posting to two groups is OK IMO.

    Proving once more that you are a self-absorbed prat who has no respect for
    usenet netiquette. Your COLA mates know better -- good on them.

    impossible, Sep 27, 2009
  10. RonB

    peterwn Guest

    On Sep 28, 7:22 am, "impossible" <> wrote:
    > "peterwn" <> wrote in message

    > >> Why don't you stick to one or the other ?
    > >> Crossposting is bad newsgroup etiquette, please stop doing it.
    > >> I don't give a SHIT what you think about "wintrolls".

    > > Perhaps, but occasional cross posting to two groups is OK IMO.

    > Proving once more that you are a self-absorbed prat who has no respect for
    > usenet netiquette. Your COLA mates know better -- good on them.

    You are most probably one of the people that the NZ Herald writer had
    in mind.

    peterwn, Sep 27, 2009
  11. RonB

    peterwn Guest

    On Sep 27, 10:09 pm, victor <> wrote:

    > >> Why don't you stick to one or the other ?
    > >> Crossposting is bad newsgroup etiquette, please stop doing it.
    > >> I don't give a SHIT what you think about "wintrolls".

    > > Perhaps, but occasional cross posting to two groups is OK IMO.

    > > If you do not care about the particular topic, you need not read it.

    > Its an obnoxious practice that has killed nz.politics for example.
    > Please choose one or the other, its not about your original post.

    nz.politics suffered from long rambling postings by non Kiwis that had
    nothing to do with nz.politics which were cross posted to many other
    ng's.

    My posting was by a Kiwi, referring to an article in a Kiwi newspaper
    on a matter within the relevance of both ng's I posted to.

    peterwn, Sep 27, 2009
  12. RonB

    victor Guest

    peterwn wrote:

    >>> Perhaps, but occasional cross posting to two groups is OK IMO.
    >>> If you do not care about the particular topic, you need not read it.

    >> Its an obnoxious practice that has killed nz.politics for example.
    >> Please choose one or the other, its not about your original post.

    > nz.politics suffered from long rambling postings by non Kiwis that had
    > nothing to do with nz.politics which were cross posted to many other
    > ng's.
    >
    > My posting was by a Kiwi, referring to an article in a Kiwi newspaper
    > on a matter within the relevance of both ng's I posted to.

    The original article was some boring softcock trying to troll his five
    readers into posting some traffic on the Heralds site, and you had to
    crosspost post it here to and try and flamebait COLA, How fucking LAME.

    Look at the quality of replies you are getting cross-posted from cola
    into nz.comp, It'll dribble on for a while until it dies in COLA, its
    not relevant here.

    Even "impossible" is right on this one.

    victor, Sep 27, 2009
  13. RonB

    impossible Guest

    "peterwn" <> wrote in message
    On Sep 28, 7:22 am, "impossible" <> wrote:
    >> "peterwn" <> wrote in message

    >> > Perhaps, but occasional cross posting to two groups is OK IMO.

    >> Proving once more that you are a self-absorbed prat who has no respect
    >> for
    >> usenet netiquette. Your COLA mates know better -- good on them.

    > You are most probably one of the people that the NZ Herald writer had
    > in mind.

    Bashing self-absorbed prats is my speciality. You've served me well in that
    capacity of the years.

    impossible, Sep 27, 2009
  14. RonB

    peterwn Guest

    On Sep 28, 8:13 am, victor <> wrote:
    > peterwn wrote:

    > >> Its an obnoxious practice that has killed nz.politics for example.
    > >> Please choose one or the other, its not about your original post.

    > > nz.politics suffered from long rambling postings by non Kiwis that had
    > > nothing to do with nz.politics which were cross posted to many other
    > > ng's.

    > > My posting was by a Kiwi, referring to an article in a Kiwi newspaper
    > > on a matter within the relevance of both ng's I posted to.

    > The original article was some boring softcock trying to troll his five
    > readers into posting some traffic on the Heralds site, and you had to
    > crosspost post it here to and try and flamebait COLA, How fucking LAME.
    >
    > Look at the quality of replies you are getting cross-posted from cola
    > into nz.comp, It'll dribble on for a while until it dies in COLA, its
    > not relevant here.
    >
    > Even "impossible" is right on this one.

    Who is this 'victor'. He suddenly appeared on this ng in July. why
    has he created a nymshift instead of using a consistent name? Coming
    to think of it 'impossible' has only breen round for a year and a bit.
    Note I have been posting under the same ISP based address (ie not
    hotmail etc) for some years.

    peterwn, Sep 28, 2009
  15. RonB

    impossible Guest

    "peterwn" <> wrote in message
    On Sep 28, 8:13 am, victor <> wrote:

    >> peterwn wrote:

    >> > nz.politics suffered from long rambling postings by non Kiwis that had
    >> > nothing to do with nz.politics which were cross posted to many other
    >> > ng's.

    >> > My posting was by a Kiwi, referring to an article in a Kiwi newspaper
    >> > on a matter within the relevance of both ng's I posted to.

    >> The original article was some boring softcock trying to troll his five
    >> readers into posting some traffic on the Heralds site, and you had to
    >> crosspost post it here to and try and flamebait COLA, How fucking LAME.
    >>
    >> Look at the quality of replies you are getting cross-posted from cola
    >> into nz.comp, It'll dribble on for a while until it dies in COLA, its
    >> not relevant here.
    >>
    >> Even "impossible" is right on this one.

    > Who is this 'victor'. He suddenly appeared on this ng in July. why
    > has he created a nymshift instead of using a consistent name? Coming
    > to think of it 'impossible' has only breen round for a year and a bit.
    > Note I have been posting under the same ISP based address (ie not
    > hotmail etc) for some years.

    I've been exposing your pathetic claims in this newgroup since the day you
    crawled up from your hole in the ground.

    impossible, Sep 28, 2009
  16. RonB

    Max Burke Guest

    peterwn wrote:
    > On Sep 28, 8:13 am, victor <> wrote:
    >> peterwn wrote:

    >> Look at the quality of replies you are getting cross-posted from cola
    >> into nz.comp, It'll dribble on for a while until it dies in COLA, its
    >> not relevant here.
    >> Even "impossible" is right on this one.

    > Who is this 'victor'. He suddenly appeared on this ng in July.

    Relevance?

    Back to the subject;

    What Victor said...

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Sep 28, 2009
  17. RonB

    Mike Dee Guest

    Carnations <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 23:09:37 +1300, victor wrote:
    >
    >> Its an obnoxious practice that has killed nz.politics for
    >> example. Please choose one or the other, its not about your
    >> original post.

    > What you appear to not understand is that you can filter out
    > crossposted articles if you do not wish to see them.

    You can, but not everybody does, or even knows how to. Likely quite a
    few wouldn't even know what a cross-post is.

    > And, the occasional crossposting, especially if it is to a very
    > small number of groups is OK if it is totally on-topic for all
    > groups that it is posted to.

    To related groups yes, a crosspost is OK, but to an *advocacy* group?
    Sorry, but you've lost me there. Thats just asking for shillyness
    (typo-intended).

    Its bad enough in here for that sort of behaviour, already. No need to
    add to the signal to noise ratio.

    Advocacy groups were set up with the intention to attract zealots away
    from main discussion areas.

    See COLA's proposed charter (1994):
    <http://www.newsdemon.com/newsgroup-info/comp.os.linux.advocacy>

    Recently on comp.os.linux.misc, there have been many debates of Linux
    versus DOS, Windows, NeXTstep, and other operating systems. There have
    been postings requesting that those discussions move to a
    comp.os.linux.advocacy group. The creation of this group would leave
    Linux-only and technical questions in the existing comp.os.linux.misc
    and comp.os.linux.development groups, and move all inter-operating
    system (and platform) discussions to this proposed group."

    I for one, would like to see it stay there.

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Sep 28, 2009
  18. RonB

    impossible Guest

    "Bret" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 00:27:07 GMT, impossible wrote:
    >
    >> "peterwn" <> wrote in message

    >>> Who is this 'victor'. He suddenly appeared on this ng in July. why
    >>> has he created a nymshift instead of using a consistent name? Coming
    >>> to think of it 'impossible' has only breen round for a year and a bit.
    >>> Note I have been posting under the same ISP based address (ie not
    >>> hotmail etc) for some years.

    >> I've been exposing your pathetic claims in this newgroup since the day
    >> you
    >> crawled up from your hole in the ground.

    > Well maybe it's time to come clean then scumbag.

    Ok, fine, I'm been exposing **your** pathetic claims in this newsgroup even
    longer.

    impossible, Sep 28, 2009
  19. RonB

    impossible Guest