apology for arab mistreatment

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Justin, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Justin

    Justin Guest

    This is about sums it all up - but feel free to add your own apology and
    pass it along

    Yes, I know the saying goes, "Much Ado About Nothing" and unlike that
    Shakespearean play the Iraqi prisoner abuse is no comedy but it does
    involve politics of a sort. It IS something. For better or worse, it
    will remain an issue.

    On the one hand, right thinking Americans will abhor the stupidity of
    the actions while, on the other hand, political glee will take control
    and fashion this minor event into some modern day My Lai massacre.

    I heard some Arabs are asking for an apology. I humbly offer mine here.

    I am sorry the Muslim terrorists didn't apologize for flying a jet into
    the World Trade Center on 9/11 that collapsed killing thousands of
    innocent people and severely damaging St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church
    - one of OUR Holy Sites.

    I am sorry they didn't apologize for flights 11, 77, 93, and 175, the
    USS Cole, the embassy bombings and so much more.

    I am sorry that an estimated 30% of Muslim population in the US are
    commited to the destruction and downfall of our government, our system
    and our country.

    I am sorry we don't summarily deport them.

    I am sorry that the last seven times the Americans took up arms and
    sacrificed the blood our youth it was in the defense of Muslims (Bosnia,
    Kosovo, Gulf War 1, Kuwait, etc.)

    I am sorry that all of the murderers on 9/11 were Arabs.

    I am sorry that Arabs have to live in squalor under savage
    dictatorships.

    I am sorry that their leaders squander their wealth.

    I am sorry that their governments breed hate for the US in their
    religious schools.

    I am sorry that Yasir Arafat was kicked out of every Arab country and
    highjacked the Palestinian "cause."

    I am sorry that no other Arab country will take in or offer more than a
    token amount of financial help to those same Palestinians.

    I am sorry that the USA has to step in and be the biggest financial
    supporters of poverty stricken Arabs while the insanely wealthy Arabs
    blame the USA.

    I am sorry that our own left wing elite and our media can't understand
    any of this.

    I am sorry the United Nations scammed the poor people of Iraq out of the
    "Food for oil" money so they could get rich while the common folk
    suffered.

    I am sorry that some Arab governments pay the families of homicide
    bombers upon their death.

    I am sorry that the homicide bombers think babies are a legitimate
    target.

    I am sorry that our troops died to free more Arabs.

    I am sorry the Arabs had gang rape rooms.

    I am sorry the Arabs killed thousand of dissidents dunping them in mass
    graves like garbage.

    I am sorry that Muslim extremists have killed more Arabs than any other
    group.

    I am sorry they show so much restraint when their brothers in arms are
    killed.

    I am sorry that foreign trained terrorists are trying to seize control
    of Iraq and return it to a terrorist state.

    I am sorry we don't drop a few dozen Daisy Cutters on Fallujah.

    I am sorry every time the terrorists hide they find a convenient "Holy
    Site."

    I am sorry Michael Moore is American; he could feed a medium sized
    village in Africa.

    We will hopefully punish those responsible because that's what we do.
    We hang out our dirty laundry for the entire world to see. We move on.
    That's why we are hated so much. We don't hide this stuff like the Arab
    countries that are now demanding an apology.

    Concerning the prisoner abuse issue. Deep down inside when most
    Americans saw this reported in the news the feeling was... "so what?"
    We lost hundreds and had our prisoners tortured and executed savagely
    withour compassion. However, we are chastized globally for
    "humiliating" a few prisoners.
    Sure it was wrong, sure it dramatically hurts our cause, but until
    captured we were trying to kill these same prisoners! Now we're
    supposed to wring our hands because a few were humiliated? Come on. I
    have bitter memories of our own people killed, mutilated and burnt
    amongst joyous crowds of celebrating Fallujans. Have you forgotten our
    fallen Americans and other peace seeking people everywhere from the
    World Trade Center to Iraq?

    These Muslim terrorists would have a much better chance of finding those
    72 virgins than getting an apology from this American.
    I'm sorry that we don't just drop a few "Special Weapons (nukes)" on
    each trouble city in Iraq and when finished ask if there is any other
    that wants to continue terrorism against the US, we'll be glad to oblige
    them to see Allah.

    Justin, Jun 7, 2004

  2. I agree with you completely but... when is this coming out on DVD :)

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Justin

    Justin Guest

    These Jihad terrorists... they like Apex players, cause they think Sony and
    all other stuff is too expensive. In ratio comparision, Apex might be the
    biggest return for your investment over time!

    Justin, Jun 8, 2004
  4. Justin

    Ronald Cole Guest

    "Justin" <> writes:
    > This is about sums it all up - but feel free to add your own apology and
    > pass it along

    Personally, I blame such US photographic shenanigans on Congress,
    since they created the NEA for supporting similar works by such
    "artists" as Robert Maplethorpe. I'm just surprised that the NEA has
    yet to pay a dime for the "art" created by our soldiers.

    Ronald Cole <> Phone: (760) 499-9142
    President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152

    Ronald Cole, Jun 8, 2004
  5. Justin

    luminos Guest

    You are an idiot. NEA?

    Maplethorpe was a far greater artist, and human being, than you could ever
    hope to be.

    luminos, Jun 8, 2004
  6. luminos wrote:

    > You are an idiot. NEA?
    >
    > Maplethorpe was a far greater artist, and human being, than you could ever
    > hope to be.

    I think that says everything we need to know about you.

    --
    "I like the cover: 'DON'T PANIC.' It's the first sensible thing I've
    heard all day."

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Jun 8, 2004
  7. Justin

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Grand Inquisitor, says...
    > > Maplethorpe was a far greater artist, and human being, than you could ever
    > > hope to be.

    > I think that says everything we need to know about you.

    Pretty much.

    Mark Spatny, Jun 8, 2004
  8. Justin

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Justin, says...
    > I am sorry that an estimated 30% of Muslim population in the US are
    > commited to the destruction and downfall of our government, our system
    > and our country.

    Just out of curiosity, whose estimate is that? Please site a reliable
    source.

    Mark Spatny, Jun 8, 2004
  9. Justin

    luminos Guest

    Sigh. Absolute morons abound in great quantity here. He was an artist:

    http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/mapplethorpe_robert.html

    luminos, Jun 8, 2004
  10. Justin

    W.K.M. Guest

    What does this have to do with DVD??

    We see enough of this political bullshit everywhere else. It doesn't belong here!

    Claire D. Lune

    W.K.M., Jun 9, 2004
  11. Justin

    Ronald Cole Guest

    "luminos" <> writes:
    > "Ronald Cole" <> wrote in message
    >> "Justin" <> writes:
    >> > This is about sums it all up - but feel free to add your own apology and
    >> > pass it along

    >> Personally, I blame such US photographic shenanigans on Congress,
    >> since they created the NEA for supporting similar works by such
    >> "artists" as Robert Maplethorpe. I'm just surprised that the NEA has
    >> yet to pay a dime for the "art" created by our soldiers.

    > You are an idiot. NEA?

    It was sarcasm. Learn to recognize it when you read it.

    > Maplethorpe was a far greater artist, and human being, than you could ever
    > hope to be.

    Doubtful.

    Ronald Cole, Jun 9, 2004
  12. Justin

    Mark Spatny Guest

    luminos, says...
    > Sigh. Absolute morons abound in great quantity here. He was an artist:

    Oh, we know who Maplethorpe is. We were just commenting on this part of
    your message.

    > Maplethorpe was a far greater artist, and human being,
    > than you could ever hope to be.

    I don't know much about him as a humanitarian, but I don't personally
    consider him a great artist. I consider him an extremely technically
    proficient photographer who didn't do much of anything original or
    interesting in the medium. I have found that many of the people who love
    Mapplethorpe's work are the same types that made Patrick Nagel's
    soulless prints so popular in the 80's. I have no use for either of
    them.

    Mark Spatny, Jun 9, 2004
  13. Justin

    luminos Guest

    > luminos, says...
    > > Sigh. Absolute morons abound in great quantity here. He was an artist:

    > Oh, we know who Maplethorpe is. We were just commenting on this part of
    > your message.
    >
    > > Maplethorpe was a far greater artist, and human being,
    > > than you could ever hope to be.

    > I don't know much about him as a humanitarian, but I don't personally
    > consider him a great artist. I consider him an extremely technically
    > proficient photographer who didn't do much of anything original or
    > interesting in the medium. I have found that many of the people who love
    > Mapplethorpe's work are the same types that made Patrick Nagel's
    > soulless prints so popular in the 80's. I have no use for either of
    > them.

    Nor I of your myopic opinion.

    luminos, Jun 9, 2004
  14. >I think that says everything we need to know about you.

    wow, you're just as bad as those Middle America creeps that tried to shut
    Mapplethorpe down even after he died.

    Vlvetmorning98, Jun 9, 2004
  15. Justin

    Mark Spatny Guest

    luminos, says...
    > Nor I of your myopic opinion.

    Oh, so if somebody disagrees with you, they are automatically myopic?
    Well, rest assured, my eye sight is just fine. Photography is quite a
    passion of mine. I find Maplethorpe's work lacking in comparison to
    others. Everybody and their brother has photographed nude figures and
    calalilies. I prefer photographers such as Bruce Davidson, Ian Berry,
    Henri Cartier-Bresson, Marc Riboud, Bob Krist, and Weegee. People who
    got out of the studio and found something interesting to say about the
    human condition and the world around us.

    For that matter, just about any major Hollywood DP produces photography
    every bit as technically successful as Maplethorpe, but they do it with
    moving cameras, changing scenery, and dynamic subjects, and convey
    complex ideas. The results are far more interesting. I invite you to
    view the DVDs of Snow Falling on Cedars or American Beauty to see what I
    mean.

    Mark Spatny, Jun 9, 2004
  16. Justin

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Vlvetmorning98, says...
    > wow, you're just as bad as those Middle America creeps that tried to shut
    > Mapplethorpe down even after he died.

    How is it that not liking Maplethorpe makes you a Middle America creep?
    Is it inconceivable to you that somebody doesn't like his work for
    simply for aesthetic reasons, and not because of the controversy his
    work generated? I can't speak for Grand Inquisitor, but personally I
    dislike his work because I find most of it boring.

    Mark Spatny, Jun 9, 2004
  17. Justin

    Eric R. Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message news:<Ca5xc.9049$>...

    > These Muslim terrorists would have a much better chance of finding those
    > 72 virgins than getting an apology from this American.

    Damn straight! I just don't understand why people don't understand
    that we're the good guys and everyone who disagrees with us are the
    bad guys. It doesn't matter who we torture, kill, maim, etc. because
    we're the GOOD GUYS.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Jun 9, 2004
  18. Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
    >>I think that says everything we need to know about you.

    > wow, you're just as bad as those Middle America creeps that tried to shut
    > Mapplethorpe down even after he died.

    I AM a middle-American. In fact for years I lived in the Cincinnati
    area. Besides, what's wrong with keeping child porn and explicit erotic
    photography pretending to be serious art out of a public exhibition?
    Funny how liberals insist this kind of thing be seen by a totally
    unsympathetic public but the Christian cross in the seal of Los Angeles
    MUST come down. Offend a minority, take it down, offend a majority,
    keep it up. Now I get it...

    Grand Inquisitor, Jun 9, 2004
  19. Justin

    DigitalDeude Guest

    I'm waiting for the Arab apology for 9/11. Until that comes, **** 'em.

    DigitalDeude, Jun 10, 2004
  20. >Funny how liberals insist this kind of thing be seen by a totally
    >unsympathetic public but the Christian cross in the seal of Los Angeles
    >MUST come down. Offend a minority, take it down, offend a majority,
    >keep it up. Now I get it...
    >
    >--

    I think you're confusing religion with the "Bill of Rights" The photographs
    were art, the cross in LA is trying to force anothers religion on people who
    don't follow that religion.
    Best,

    Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

    MarkZimmerman, Jun 13, 2004