Apollo 13 DTS

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by damnfine, Apr 23, 2005.

  1. damnfine

    damnfine Guest

    "docdude316" wrote:
    > Does anyone know where I can get copy of the DTS edition of Apollo 13. I
    > know that on the new release they have the IMAX version in DTS but not the
    > regular theatrical version. I'd like a copy of the original version in DTS
    > as well.

    Yeah the DTS really brings out the awesome wooshing sounds in the vacum of
    space in this reality based movie.

    --
    /^\damnfine/^\
    "God ain't said shit to me." - The Pope

    damnfine, Apr 23, 2005

  2. damnfine

    damnfine Guest

    "docdude316" wrote:
    >> Yeah the DTS really brings out the awesome wooshing sounds in the vacum
    >> of space in this reality based movie.

    > I ask a simple question and you have to be an ass about it. Go get a life.

    Be fair, I wasn't being an ass to you. Unless you're Ron Howard. And the
    fact that I don't know the answer to your question will in no way prevent
    someone else from answering it.

    docdude316, Apr 23, 2005
  4. damnfine

    docdude316 Guest

    docdude316, Apr 23, 2005
  5. damnfine

    Mark Jones Guest

    "docdude316" <> wrote in message
    > damnfine wrote:
    > > "docdude316" wrote:
    > >
    > >>Does anyone know where I can get copy of the DTS edition of Apollo 13. I
    > >>know that on the new release they have the IMAX version in DTS but not

    the
    > >>regular theatrical version. I'd like a copy of the original version in

    DTS
    > >>as well.

    > > Yeah the DTS really brings out the awesome wooshing sounds in the vacum

    of
    > > space in this reality based movie.

    > I ask a simple question and you have to be an ass about it. Go get a life.

    That appears to be what this person is best at from some
    of the other subjects I have read.

    Mark Jones, Apr 24, 2005
  6. damnfine

    damnfine Guest

    "TB" wrote:
    >> Be fair, I wasn't being an ass to you. Unless you're Ron Howard. And the
    >> fact that I don't know the answer to your question will in no way prevent
    >> someone else from answering it.

    > Maybe you should just shut the **** up then if you don't have an answer to
    > this guy's question instead of trying desperately to be a clever little
    > cockmunch.

    A little upset about something today, dickhead?

    damnfine, Apr 24, 2005
  7. damnfine

    TB Guest

    "damnstupid" babbled:

    >>> Yeah the DTS really brings out the awesome wooshing sounds in the vacum
    >>> of space in this reality based movie.

    >> I ask a simple question and you have to be an ass about it. Go get a
    >> life.

    > Be fair, I wasn't being an ass to you. Unless you're Ron Howard. And the
    > fact that I don't know the answer to your question will in no way prevent
    > someone else from answering it.

    Maybe you should just shut the **** up then if you don't have an answer to
    this guy's question instead of trying desperately to be a clever little
    cockmunch.

    To answer the original poster's question, while the dts theatrical print is
    out of print, copies can still be found at many larger chain stores for
    under $20 and in some cases, as low as $12.99 if you're really lucky. I've
    seen it at several Tower Record stores in the last couple of months for
    $19.99. And of course, there's always eBay.

    T.B.

    TB, Apr 24, 2005
  8. damnfine

    damnfine Guest

    "TB" wrote:
    >> A little upset about something today, dickhead?

    > Not since watching you stick your foot in your mouth. HA!

    That would imply that either I misspoke, made a factual error or in some
    other way regret what I said. Clearly, none of these apply. Try again.

    > Maybe you can cheer me up even more by coming up with another dumbassed
    > reply. Go on, give it a shot! Entertain the newsgroup with your incredible
    > wit. I'll even let you have the last word, I'm such a kind, generous guy.

    Imbecile. Quit your yapping.

    damnfine, Apr 24, 2005
  9. damnfine

    TB Guest

    "damnstupid" whined:

    TB, Apr 24, 2005
  10. On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:59:48 GMT, "Mark Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"docdude316" <> wrote in message
    >> damnfine wrote:

    >the

    >DTS
    >> >

    >> > Yeah the DTS really brings out the awesome wooshing sounds in the vacum

    >of
    >> > space in this reality based movie.

    >> I ask a simple question and you have to be an ass about it. Go get a life.

    >That appears to be what this person is best at from some
    >of the other subjects I have read.

    Actually I thought the comment about having the "whooshing" sounds to
    be heard in vacuum at the best possible fidelity was quite funny. But
    then, what do I know? I only have a sense of humour... something
    lacking in this newsgroup.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Apr 24, 2005
  11. damnfine

    damnfine Guest

    "Steve(JazzHunter)" wrote:
    > Actually I thought the comment about having the "whooshing" sounds to
    > be heard in vacuum at the best possible fidelity was quite funny. But
    > then, what do I know? I only have a sense of humour... something
    > lacking in this newsgroup.

    Tell me about it...

    damnfine, Apr 24, 2005
  12. damnfine

    TB Guest

    "damnstupid" whined:
    > "TB" wrote:
    >>> A little upset about something today, dickhead?

    >> Not since watching you stick your foot in your mouth. HA!

    > That would imply that either I misspoke, made a factual error or in some
    > other way regret what I said. Clearly, none of these apply. Try again.
    >

    >> Maybe you can cheer me up even more by coming up with another dumbassed
    >> reply. Go on, give it a shot! Entertain the newsgroup with your
    >> incredible wit. I'll even let you have the last word, I'm such a kind,
    >> generous guy.

    > Imbecile. Quit your yapping.

    Thank you for playing.

    T.B.

    TB, Apr 24, 2005
  13. damnfine

    damnfine Guest

    "TB" wrote:
    >> Imbecile. Quit your yapping.

    > Thank you for playing.

    Yeah, that'll make you look like less of a moron.

    damnfine, Apr 24, 2005
  14. damnfine

    Mike Guest

    "damnfine" <> wrote in message
    > "Steve(JazzHunter)" wrote:
    >> Actually I thought the comment about having the "whooshing" sounds to
    >> be heard in vacuum at the best possible fidelity was quite funny. But
    >> then, what do I know? I only have a sense of humour... something
    >> lacking in this newsgroup.

    > Tell me about it...

    i thought it was funny as well m8. some real miserable arses around.

    Mike, Apr 26, 2005