    Could it be a virus message or something?

    Thank you.
    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Jun 28, 2012

  2. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    On 29/06/12 00:17, Geopelia wrote:
    > I'm watching TV on the computer, and get a message "Import the API
    > modules"
    >
    > I googled "API modules" and got a lot of websites, but don't
    > understand any of them. The TV program seems to be working OK, it's
    > showing the tennis.
    >
    > Is it safe to click on the message and see what happens please, if it
    > comes up again? Could it be a virus message or something?

    Doesn't sound like a virus, but err on the cautious side. Does it have
    any more information than that? Like "xxx is required to use the API".

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Jun 29, 2012

  3. Geopelia

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in

    > I'm watching TV on the computer, and get a message "Import the API
    > modules"

    From where? In my experience TV on the computer is from a web site.
    tv3.co.nz for example.
    http://ondemand.tv3.co.nz
    It might be a glitch, click cancel until more info is known. Dodgy codecs
    can be malware, and if you are not sure don't click ok.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jun 29, 2012
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > On 29/06/12 00:17, Geopelia wrote:
    >> I'm watching TV on the computer, and get a message "Import the API
    >> modules"
    >>
    >> I googled "API modules" and got a lot of websites, but don't
    >> understand any of them. The TV program seems to be working OK, it's
    >> showing the tennis.
    >>
    >> Is it safe to click on the message and see what happens please, if it
    >> comes up again? Could it be a virus message or something?
    >>

    > Doesn't sound like a virus, but err on the cautious side. Does it have
    > any more information than that? Like "xxx is required to use the API".
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    No, it just said "Import the API modules." Apart from having a look at "PI
    modules" on Google, I didn't do anything. But the TV works well on the
    computer on TV One. Would I need the API modules for Three and Prime?
    Geopelia, Jun 30, 2012
  5. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in
    >

    >> I'm watching TV on the computer, and get a message "Import the API
    >> modules"

    > From where? In my experience TV on the computer is from a web site.
    > tv3.co.nz for example.
    > http://ondemand.tv3.co.nz
    > It might be a glitch, click cancel until more info is known. Dodgy codecs
    > can be malware, and if you are not sure don't click ok.

    Thank you, it hasn't come up again. Thanks for the TV3 website, I was only
    getting TV1

    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Jun 30, 2012
  6. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    On 01/07/12 01:18, Geopelia wrote:
    > "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    >> On 29/06/12 00:17, Geopelia wrote:
    >>> I'm watching TV on the computer, and get a message "Import the API
    >>> modules"
    >>>
    >>> I googled "API modules" and got a lot of websites, but don't
    >>> understand any of them. The TV program seems to be working OK, it's
    >>> showing the tennis.
    >>>
    >>> Is it safe to click on the message and see what happens please, if it
    >>> comes up again? Could it be a virus message or something?
    >>>

    >> Doesn't sound like a virus, but err on the cautious side. Does it have
    >> any more information than that? Like "xxx is required to use the API".
    >>

    > No, it just said "Import the API modules." Apart from having a look at "PI
    > modules" on Google, I didn't do anything. But the TV works well on the
    > computer on TV One. Would I need the API modules for Three and Prime?

    No, that shouldn't be relevant.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Jul 1, 2012