API for Cisco Unity Express (CUE)?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by strict9, May 17, 2006.

  1. strict9

    strict9 Guest

    Hello all,

    I've been given the task of writing a phone menu for a school's
    attendance line. It needs to access student data (in something like
    Excel or Access most likely) and then report that student's attendance
    record.

    >From my understanding, I need to develop an external program (in

    something like perl of C++) that will extract the data from these
    records and send it to the Cisco CUE software, which will then be able
    to read off the attendance data.

    However, I cannot find any type of documentation which describes how to
    interact with the Cisco phone software. I've looked through all 160
    pages of the CUE editor manual, but it mentions nothing of external
    data. Is there something I'm missing here? Any suggestions would be
    greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    - Jon

    strict9, May 17, 2006

  2. strict9

    thrill5 Guest

    Here is the document you are looking for.

    http://www.cisco.com/application/pd...ps5520/c2001/ccmigration_09186a008067a18d.pdf

    Scott

    thrill5, May 18, 2006

  3. strict9

    strict9 Guest

    Thank you for the response.

    Unfortunately, I already found and read through that manual and can't
    find any mention of accessing external data. All the manual seems to
    discuss is building static menus (unless I'm missing something!)

    strict9, May 18, 2006