    Walmart) you're not going to lose the bank trying.
    of course, ymmv.
    But I'm thrilled.
    Dyuob Poltice, May 10, 2004

  2. That's it Dyuob Poltice I'm sick and tired of this crap!
    Now someone hit my music....
    > Like I said, this player is not for everyone (so skip the flames, I
    > know it's a cheapie) but for a decent unit for the bedroom, or the
    > dorm (or your father in Phoenix who still isn't sure dvds will catch
    > on) this might be the right machine.

    Hate to break it to you... but DVD is king of home video.

    --
    Demolition Man
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, May 10, 2004

  3. Dyuob Poltice

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Dyuob Poltice wrote:

    > I just bought one for my father, and to be honest, considering the
    > price (us$43.95) I was very impressed.
    > Yes, I know it doesn't meet the needs of everyone, but for a decent
    > inexpensive player, it seems to fit the bill just right.
    > We do video scrapbooks, and wanted to send my father dvds of the kids,
    > and our oldest son (13) just got his first digital camera, so he can
    > send cds of jpgs as well.
    > Like I said, this player is not for everyone (so skip the flames, I
    > know it's a cheapie) but for a decent unit for the bedroom, or the
    > dorm (or your father in Phoenix who still isn't sure dvds will catch
    > on) this might be the right machine. And for under us$45.00, (at
    > Walmart) you're not going to lose the bank trying.
    > of course, ymmv.
    > But I'm thrilled.

    They are a good little player and seem to play just about everything.
    (Here in Australia they are sold under the Digitrex brand name.) I
    have one in my games room and another in my grandson's bedroom so speak
    from personal experience. I also bought one each for two other
    grandchildren for last Christmas.

    I make up CDs of photos using Ulead Video Workshop and save as MPEG1 or
    MPEG2 with titles, sound tracks and transitions and this player will
    play the raw MPEG files - there is no need to convert to VCD or SVCD
    formats.

    The Australian version may be different, but the ones I have bought are
    region free AND macrovision free, which may or may not be important to you.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, May 10, 2004