AP1200: unable to get back working after update to IOS

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by guru@progon.net, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello...

    I am unable to get two updated AP1200 back to work: Everything seems
    to be fine, the clients do see the AP. Unfortunately, the clients are
    unable to associate with the AP. As this happend to two AP there must
    be a config error.

    I am unable to get even the most basic config to work!

    Any help? Any working AP1200 sample config?

    The IOS is '(C1200-K9W7-M), Version 12.3(4)JA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)'

    Best regards and thanks for any help!

    BVI1 is up, line protocol is up
    Hardware is BVI, address is 000d.bd33.2dd4 (bia 000d.bd43.e261)
    Internet address is 10.32.194.247/16
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 11000 Kbit, DLY 5000 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
    ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
    Last input never, output never, output hang never
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops:
    0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
    0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    12240 packets output, 6264935 bytes, 0 underruns

    Dot11Radio0 is up, line protocol is up
    Hardware is 802.11B Radio, address is 000d.bd43.e261 (bia
    000d.bd43.e261)
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 11000 Kbit, DLY 1000 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
    ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
    Last input never, output 00:00:05, output hang never
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops:
    1
    Queueing strategy: fifo
    Output queue: 0/30 (size/max)
    1861 packets input, 88725 bytes, 0 no buffer
    629 packets output, 18870 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
    0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier

    version 12.3
    no service pad
    service timestamps debug datetime msec
    service timestamps log datetime msec
    service password-encryption
    !
    hostname 10-32-194-247
    !
    enable secret 5 xxxxxx
    !
    username Cisco password 7 xxxxxx
    ip subnet-zero
    !
    !
    no aaa new-model
    !
    dot11 ssid 0
    !
    dot11 ssid test
    guest-mode
    !
    !
    !
    !
    bridge irb
    !
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0
    no ip address
    no ip route-cache
    !
    ssid 0
    !
    ssid test
    !
    speed basic-11.0
    no preamble-short
    bridge-group 1
    bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
    bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
    no bridge-group 1 source-learning
    no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface FastEthernet0
    no ip address
    no ip route-cache
    duplex auto
    speed auto
    bridge-group 1
    no bridge-group 1 source-learning
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface BVI1
    ip address dhcp client-id FastEthernet0
    no ip route-cache
    !
    ip http server
    no ip http secure-server
    ip http help-path
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/prodconfig/help/eag
    ip radius source-interface BVI1
    !
    logging snmp-trap emergencies
    logging snmp-trap alerts
    logging snmp-trap critical
    logging snmp-trap errors
    logging snmp-trap warnings
    !
    control-plane
    !
    bridge 1 route ip
    !
    !
    !
    line con 0
    transport preferred all
    transport output all
    line vty 0 4
    login local
    transport preferred all
    transport input all
    transport output all
    line vty 5 15
    login
    transport preferred all
    transport input all
    transport output all
    !
    end

    , Jun 29, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    > Hello...

    > I am unable to get two updated AP1200 back to work: Everything seems
    > to be fine, the clients do see the AP. Unfortunately, the clients are
    > unable to associate with the AP. As this happend to two AP there must
    > be a config error.

    > I am unable to get even the most basic config to work!

    You appear not to have any authentication scheme specified. I suspect you
    need at least 'open authentication' even if you aren't using WEP.

    Upgrading to 12.3(4)JA have the effect of divorcing the ssid configuration
    from the physical radio interface configuration.

    Cheers,

    Matt

    --
    Matthew Melbourne

    Matthew Melbourne, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Chris_D Guest

    I would agree with Mathew, but would suggest this course of action ..

    "erase startup-config" and "reload", this will give you the default
    config which should enable you to at least verify basic client
    association.

    Once this is varified, I would suggest you take it one step at a time
    working with a single ssid and take it from there.

    I have some sample configs of most settings and would be happy to
    email them to you if you need them.

    Drop the ZZZ to reply

    Cheers ...

    Chris_D, Jul 2, 2005