    Hi, the new leicas have aperture-priority mode, does this work with
    manual leica lenses, there's some sort of override?
    -Tim
    tim, May 2, 2007

  2. tim

    John Bean Guest

    On 2 May 2007 08:23:23 -0700, tim <>
    wrote:

    >Hi, the new leicas have aperture-priority mode, does this work with
    >manual leica lenses, there's some sort of override?

    Which Leica cameras and lenses are you asking about? If you
    mean the M series that's easy - there's no such thing as an
    "automatic" M lens, they're *all* manual.

    --
    John Bean
    John Bean, May 2, 2007

  3. tim

    tim Guest

    The new M8 has aperture-priority, so I'm assuming it overrides the
    manual controls?
    -Tim

    tim, May 2, 2007
  4. tim

    Jim Guest

    "tim" <> wrote in message
    > The new M8 has aperture-priority, so I'm assuming it overrides the
    > manual controls?
    > -Tim

    If it works like the F3 did, the camera sets the shutter speed while you set
    the aperature.
    Jim

    Jim, May 2, 2007
  5. tim

    John Bean Guest

    On 2 May 2007 10:35:55 -0700, tim <>
    wrote:

    >The new M8 has aperture-priority, so I'm assuming it overrides the
    >manual controls?

    You've lost me. What "manual controls" and why does it need
    to override them? It sets the shutter speed automatically of
    course - that's what "aperture priority" means.

    I reapeat - there are no "automatic" features of any M lens,
    they're all fully manual.

    --
    John Bean
    John Bean, May 2, 2007