    documentations, and i am not getting forced to authenticate. Does the
    AP local authenticator forces users to autheticate through a usename
    and password?

    Andy, Jan 31, 2007

  2. On 31 Jan 2007 08:56:19 -0800, "Andy" <> wrote:

    ~ Hi guys,
    ~ I have a 1200 Aironet that i need to configure as a local
    ~ authenticator, (using local RADIUS authentication) i tried cisco
    ~ documentations, and i am not getting forced to authenticate. Does the
    ~ AP local authenticator forces users to autheticate through a usename
    ~ and password?

    The local authenticator can be used only for wireless clients, and only
    for LEAP, EAP-FAST and MAC authentication.

    Here's the drill for LEAP:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...s_configuration_example09186a00801c0912.shtml

    (this based on old IOS; in current IOS, the SSID config is global under "dot11 ssid")

    Hth,

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Feb 1, 2007

  3. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hi Aaron,
    I have this document, and i went through the GUI and CLI, but still i
    was not getting forced to authenticate. I will post my configuration
    soon, thank you.

    Andy, Feb 2, 2007