    AP's DHCP, thanks to the Fastethernet interface ..

    Is there a config parameter to put in the Interface Fastethernet0 ?

    Thanks a lot

    ouba974, Oct 14, 2008

  2. ouba974

    Trendkill Guest

    On Oct 14, 12:59 pm, ouba974 <> wrote:
    > hello,
    > I would like to disable the DHCP service on the Fastethernet
    > Interface ..
    > I would like that only the Wireless client use the DHCP service ...
    >
    > In my actual case, DHCP works fine with the Wireless client but the
    > other client on my network (with cable link..rj45) have an IP with my
    > AP's DHCP, thanks to the Fastethernet interface ..
    >
    > Is there a config parameter to put in the Interface Fastethernet0 ?
    >
    > Thanks a lot

    Please paste your router config but leave out passwords and public IPs.

    Trendkill, Oct 14, 2008

  3. ouba974

    Trendkill Guest

    On Oct 14, 1:04 pm, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > On Oct 14, 12:59 pm, ouba974 <> wrote:
    >
    > > hello,
    > > I would like to disable the DHCP service on the Fastethernet
    > > Interface ..
    > > I would like that only the Wireless client use the DHCP service ...

    > > In my actual case, DHCP works fine with the Wireless client but the
    > > other client on my network (with cable link..rj45) have an IP with my
    > > AP's DHCP, thanks to the Fastethernet interface ..

    > > Is there a config parameter to put in the Interface Fastethernet0 ?

    > > Thanks a lot

    > Please paste your router config but leave out passwords and public IPs.

    If it were a different subnet, you could just take out the ip-helper
    statement off the vlan. Since it doesn't sound like that is the case,
    and it sounds like its the same subnet for both networks, you may have
    to put in an ACL, or create a different vlan for the wired piece.

    Trendkill, Oct 14, 2008
  4. ouba974

    ouba974

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Different VLAN for wireless client !!!

    Hello,
    How to create a different VLAN for wireless client ?
    SO i put an ip (in my actual vlan) to the AP and i create a another vlan for the wireless client ?
    IS there a tutorial ? a sample ? it's a kind of NAT ?

    Thanks a lot !

    ouba974, Oct 15, 2008
  5. ouba974

    ouba974

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Using 1698 out of 32768 bytes
    !
    version 12.3
    no service pad
    service timestamps debug datetime msec
    service timestamps log datetime msec
    service password-encryption
    !
    hostname AP_LS
    !
    no logging console
    !
    ip subnet-zero
    ip name-server 172.17.1.1
    ip dhcp excluded-address 172.17.0.1 172.17.14.50
    !
    ip dhcp pool RESEAU_LS
    network 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0
    dns-server 172.17.1.1 172.17.1.2
    default-router 172.17.0.1
    !
    !
    aaa new-model
    !
    !
    aaa authentication login default local
    aaa authorization exec default local
    aaa session-id common
    !
    dot11 ssid WIFI_LS
    authentication open
    authentication key-management wpa
    guest-mode
    wpa-psk ascii 7 060F1A2741421A405243
    !
    !
    !
    username xxxxxxx
    username xxxxxxxx
    !
    bridge irb
    !
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0
    no ip address
    no ip route-cache
    !
    encryption mode ciphers tkip
    !
    ssid WIFI_LS
    !
    speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 6.0 9.0 basic-11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0
    54.0
    station-role root
    bridge-group 1
    bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
    bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
    no bridge-group 1 source-learning
    no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface FastEthernet0
    no ip address
    no ip route-cache
    duplex auto
    speed auto
    bridge-group 1
    no bridge-group 1 source-learning
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    hold-queue 80 in
    !
    interface BVI1
    ip address 172.17.14.50 255.255.0.0
    no ip route-cache
    !
    ip default-gateway 172.17.0.1
    ip http server
    ip http authentication aaa
    no ip http secure-server
    ip http help-path http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/prodconfig/help/eag
    !
    !
    control-plane
    !
    bridge 1 route ip
    !
    !
    !
    line con 0
    line vty 0 4
    !
    end

    ouba974, Oct 15, 2008
  6. ouba974

    ouba974

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Is there not a little parameter to disable DHCP service on the Fastethernet Interface ???

    ouba974, Oct 15, 2008
  7. ouba974

    LVsFINEST

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2008
    Messages:
    8
    If I understand this correctly, your AP is issuing DHCP to a wired host?

    To the best of my knowledge, there is not an option to disable DHCP on a specific interface on a router, let alone an AP, but I'm rather new with IOS so I may be wrong.

    Besides, APs are dumb (think hub) and in most cases, DHCP should be left up to a router or server. You do not need to setup DHCP for your AP to function.

    Perhaps if you detail your network/devices, config and intention a little more, there may be a solution to whatever it is you're trying to accomplish.

    LVsFINEST, Oct 16, 2008