AP Cisco 1200

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by PSalvador, Oct 23, 2007.

  1. PSalvador

    PSalvador

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    hi,

    I have a problem with APs Cisco 1242 when i use a 5Ghz link...
    I have one AP as root bridge and other as non-root bridge, i use a WPA pre-shared key and encryption tkip:

    dot11 ssid Link
    vlan 100
    authentication open
    authentication key-management wpa
    wpa-psk ascii 7 011007164904020E2F495A2909071B405B5C53

    .
    .
    .interface Dot11Radio1
    no ip address
    no ip route-cache
    !
    encryption vlan 100 mode ciphers tkip
    !
    ssid Link
    !
    antenna transmit right
    antenna receive right
    dfs band 2 3 block
    speed basic-6.0 9.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0
    channel dfs
    station-role root bridge

    they comunicate very well, but when i do a reload of root bridge the two APs cannot comunicate, but they still associate:

    AP1200.20#sh dot11 associations

    802.11 Client Stations on Dot11Radio1:

    SSID [Link] :

    MAC Address IP address Device Name Parent State
    001a.306b.60f0 192.168.32.21 bridge AP1200.21 self Assoc

    AP1200.20#
    .
    .
    .
    AP1200.20#ping 192.168.32.21

    Type escape sequence to abort.
    Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 192.168.32.21, timeout is 2 seconds:
    Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)
    AP1200.20#

    when this appends de root bridge are very slow...

    Can anybody help me??

    thanks.

    PSalvador, Oct 23, 2007

  2. PSalvador

    kelvin_team

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2007
    Messages:
    5
    Hi,
    Try to re-put your wpa key to your configuration,
    we have issue before with aironet 1240 before, which the connection suddenly drop during raining time. The connection is actually up, but the problem just the AP cant associate between the root bridge and the non root bridge. Our temporary solution is just to re-enable the wpa key on the configuration (copy the wpa key from the configuration, and paste again) my case is would work. For the permanent solution, we upgrade the AP IOS to the higher version, and the problem never come back until now. Hope can help.

    kelvin_team, Oct 27, 2007