Aotea.net, anyone know whats up?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by max, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. max

    max Guest

    Is anyone else having problems contacting Aotea net, or knows whether
    they are still operating. I have tried phoning them, but their number
    no longer connects up. Also the contact form on their site no longer
    works.
    max, Sep 29, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. max

    hads Guest

    max wrote:

    > Is anyone else having problems contacting Aotea net, or knows whether
    > they are still operating. I have tried phoning them, but their number
    > no longer connects up. Also the contact form on their site no longer
    > works.


    Noticed this myself today. It seems the aotea.net site is still up but their
    ..net.nz site and virtual sites are down. I have also dropped them an email
    and am interested in the reply.

    Judging by the regisration information this site has the same contact
    details and is somehow related http://www.hostservers.co.nz/contact/

    There is a contact form and two phone numbers.

    Could help?

    hads
    --
    "Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."
    -- Marvin, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
    hads, Sep 29, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. max

    max Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:10:55 +1200, hads <> wrote:

    >max wrote:
    >
    >> Is anyone else having problems contacting Aotea net, or knows whether
    >> they are still operating. I have tried phoning them, but their number
    >> no longer connects up. Also the contact form on their site no longer
    >> works.

    >
    >Noticed this myself today. It seems the aotea.net site is still up but their
    >.net.nz site and virtual sites are down. I have also dropped them an email
    >and am interested in the reply.
    >
    >Judging by the regisration information this site has the same contact
    >details and is somehow related http://www.hostservers.co.nz/contact/
    >
    >There is a contact form and two phone numbers.
    >
    >Could help?
    >
    >hads



    Thanks, yes I did a little research and also found that site. Tried
    ringing them but the number seems to have been disconnected.
    max, Sep 29, 2003
    #3
  4. max

    hads Guest

    max wrote:

    > Thanks, yes I did a little research and also found that site. Tried
    > ringing them but the number seems to have been disconnected.


    Apologies if I gave you redundant information there max.

    I just received a reply from aotea support as per below. Total turn around
    time 1.5 hours.

    ----------------------
    Hi,
    the problem is being worked on - it's due to another power failure in the DC
    that we are now going to move from in the next week due to the problems.
    Our apologies for the inconvienience this is causing you.

    Kind Regards,
    ----------------------

    hads
    --
    It's really quite a simple choice: Life, Death, or Los Angeles.
    hads, Sep 29, 2003
    #4
  5. max

    max Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:26:47 +1200, hads <> wrote:

    >max wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks, yes I did a little research and also found that site. Tried
    >> ringing them but the number seems to have been disconnected.

    >
    >Apologies if I gave you redundant information there max.
    >
    >I just received a reply from aotea support as per below. Total turn around
    >time 1.5 hours.
    >
    >----------------------
    >Hi,
    >the problem is being worked on - it's due to another power failure in the DC
    >that we are now going to move from in the next week due to the problems.
    >Our apologies for the inconvienience this is causing you.
    >
    >Kind Regards,
    >----------------------
    >
    >hads



    Just got one too, mine took a lot longer.
    max, Sep 29, 2003
    #5
  6. max

    max Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:26:47 +1200, hads <> wrote:

    >max wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks, yes I did a little research and also found that site. Tried
    >> ringing them but the number seems to have been disconnected.

    >
    >Apologies if I gave you redundant information there max.
    >
    >I just received a reply from aotea support as per below. Total turn around
    >time 1.5 hours.
    >
    >----------------------
    >Hi,
    >the problem is being worked on - it's due to another power failure in the DC
    >that we are now going to move from in the next week due to the problems.
    >Our apologies for the inconvienience this is causing you.
    >
    >Kind Regards,
    >----------------------
    >
    >hads




    I had to move my site to a new host in the end, as they weren't able
    to get my site reinstated from their backups.
    max, Oct 4, 2003
    #6
  7. max

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    max <> wrote in
    news::

    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:26:47 +1200, hads <> wrote:
    >
    >>max wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks, yes I did a little research and also found that site. Tried
    >>> ringing them but the number seems to have been disconnected.

    >>
    >>Apologies if I gave you redundant information there max.
    >>
    >>I just received a reply from aotea support as per below. Total turn
    >>around time 1.5 hours.
    >>
    >>----------------------
    >>Hi,
    >>the problem is being worked on - it's due to another power failure in
    >>the DC that we are now going to move from in the next week due to the
    >>problems. Our apologies for the inconvienience this is causing you.
    >>
    >>Kind Regards,
    >>----------------------
    >>
    >>hads

    >
    >
    >
    > I had to move my site to a new host in the end, as they weren't able
    > to get my site reinstated from their backups.


    And you didn't have any backup's your self ? I was just thinking back to
    when Ihug was hacked and a lot of people and businesses lost their websites
    and didn't have any backups themselves. I hope your not "cutting off your
    nose to spite your face".
    Chris Mayhew, Oct 4, 2003
    #7
  8. max

    max Guest

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 07:25:59 GMT, Chris Mayhew <> wrote:

    >max <> wrote in
    >news::
    >
    >> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:26:47 +1200, hads <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>max wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Thanks, yes I did a little research and also found that site. Tried
    >>>> ringing them but the number seems to have been disconnected.
    >>>
    >>>Apologies if I gave you redundant information there max.
    >>>
    >>>I just received a reply from aotea support as per below. Total turn
    >>>around time 1.5 hours.
    >>>
    >>>----------------------
    >>>Hi,
    >>>the problem is being worked on - it's due to another power failure in
    >>>the DC that we are now going to move from in the next week due to the
    >>>problems. Our apologies for the inconvienience this is causing you.
    >>>
    >>>Kind Regards,
    >>>----------------------
    >>>
    >>>hads

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> I had to move my site to a new host in the end, as they weren't able
    >> to get my site reinstated from their backups.

    >
    >And you didn't have any backup's your self ? I was just thinking back to
    >when Ihug was hacked and a lot of people and businesses lost their websites
    >and didn't have any backups themselves. I hope your not "cutting off your
    >nose to spite your face".



    Yes I did, but I expected that they did too, and if they had problems
    that it would be restored to how it was, as they advertise "Features
    include backup of email and web pages every 24 hours,"
    Was I asking too much?
    Getting my Web Designer to restore the site back for me to its current
    state ended up costing me.
    max, Oct 6, 2003
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?S2lt?=

    I don't know whats wrong!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?S2lt?=, Sep 7, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    592
    =?Utf-8?B?S2lt?=
    Sep 8, 2005
  2. MonkeyMunx
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    769
    Guest
    Jan 5, 2004
  3. Jason
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    943
    Barry Margolin
    Mar 10, 2006
  4. John

    Anyone know whats happened to the 9600 Pro AIW?

    John, Nov 25, 2003, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    420
    Night_Seer
    Nov 25, 2003
  5. Replies:
    3
    Views:
    603
Loading...

Share This Page