    or is there something like my virus/firewall software conflickting with AOL
    ???
    Help please

    Jerry, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Jerry

    Stuart Guest

    Jerry wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am running XP with 512mb ram, xp2400 AMD cpu, 80Gb hard drive.
    > I have just had ISDN fitted & my ISP is AOL, the connection speed seems to
    > be very slow (slower than dial-up) also the pc keeps locking up completely.
    > I have AVG & Zone alarm, has anyone had any problems like this with AOL V9
    > or is there something like my virus/firewall software conflickting with AOL
    > ???
    > Help please

    Firstly what is the reason for using ISDN, are you part of the few
    percent who can't and never will be able to get broadband?

    Go to adslguide.org and use the speed test on the site, useful to gauge
    your system speed.

    You could check you do not have XPs firewall turned on as well. When its
    locking up are you doing anything specific at the time?

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jul 14, 2004