AOL release free AntiVirus

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by justme, Aug 8, 2006.

  1. justme

    justme Guest

    justme, Aug 8, 2006

  2. justme

    Vista Guest

    Vista, Aug 9, 2006

  3. justme

    Nova Guest

    Vista wrote:
    > "justme" <> wrote in message
    >> And you don't have to be an AOL user to use it.
    >>
    >> http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp?

    > It doesn't seem too bad either. I would be interested in other peoples
    > comments.

    yeah I looked at it, seems ok, by Kapersky it says.
    Nova, Aug 9, 2006
  4. justme

    bambam Guest

    "Vista" <> wrote in news:1155102192.11899@ftpsrv1:

    > "justme" <> wrote in message
    >> And you don't have to be an AOL user to use it.
    >>
    >> http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp?

    > It doesn't seem too bad either. I would be interested in other peoples
    > comments.

    <quote>

    While AOL doesn't ask for money, Active Virus Shield users have to agree
    to let AOL and its partners deliver ads to them. "As a condition for your
    use of the software, you agree to receive promotions and periodic e-mail
    messages from us and our affiliates," according to the fine print in the
    license and user agreement of the software.

    Active Virus Shield collects a host of information that may be used for
    marketing purposes, starting with the e-mail address required to download
    and run the product, according to the fine print. Other data collected
    include usage stats, responses to ads and details about the PC, according
    to the AOL agreement.

    <quote>

    http://news.com.com/AOL offers free antivirus software/2100-7355_3-
    6102917.html?tag=nefd.top