AOL on TREO 650

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by 8jk2, Feb 23, 2006.

  1. 8jk2

    8jk2 Guest

    My Treo 650 was running AOL with no problems up until this weekend.

    When I click on the AOL icon and sign on, it checks on the password but no
    connection is established. It goes to Starting Services.and will prompt an
    error after a bit. "Failed to establish services".

    However, I have been able to establish connections running Auto AOL. Mail
    is sent and received.

    I deleted the AOL application, reset the device, pulled the battery out,
    reinstalled AOL by setting up the AOL 3.3.prc and resync, but that didn't
    work.

    Any suggestions
     
    8jk2, Feb 23, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:20:58 +0000, 8jk2 wrote:

    > My Treo 650 was running AOL with no problems up until this weekend.
    >
    > When I click on the AOL icon and sign on, it checks on the password but no
    > connection is established. It goes to Starting Services.and will prompt an
    > error after a bit. "Failed to establish services".
    >
    > However, I have been able to establish connections running Auto AOL. Mail
    > is sent and received.
    >
    > I deleted the AOL application, reset the device, pulled the battery out,
    > reinstalled AOL by setting up the AOL 3.3.prc and resync, but that didn't
    > work.
    >
    > Any suggestions


    Not one you're looking for, but a good one, yes: consider this a good time
    to get a real ISP.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
     
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 23, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. 8jk2

    Rich Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:20:58 +0000, 8jk2 wrote:
    >
    >> My Treo 650 was running AOL with no problems up until this weekend.
    >>
    >> When I click on the AOL icon and sign on, it checks on the password but no
    >> connection is established. It goes to Starting Services.and will prompt an
    >> error after a bit. "Failed to establish services".
    >>
    >> However, I have been able to establish connections running Auto AOL. Mail
    >> is sent and received.
    >>
    >> I deleted the AOL application, reset the device, pulled the battery out,
    >> reinstalled AOL by setting up the AOL 3.3.prc and resync, but that didn't
    >> work.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions

    >
    > Not one you're looking for, but a good one, yes: consider this a good time
    > to get a real ISP.
    >


    And their free CD's they send in the mail make mighty good coasters.

    Try www.everythingtreo.com - they have several articles (just quick
    scanning the site) concerning Treo and AOL in the forums. Your answer
    may be there.

    The 650 specific forum is here:

    http://www.everythingtreo.com/forum/treo-650/
     
    Rich, Feb 23, 2006
    #3
  4. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:17:17 -0500, Rich wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:20:58 +0000, 8jk2 wrote:


    >> Not one you're looking for, but a good one, yes: consider this a good
    >> time to get a real ISP.

    >
    > And their free CD's they send in the mail make mighty good coasters.


    They're more fun in the microwave.


    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
     
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 23, 2006
    #4
  5. 8jk2

    incognito Guest

    8jk2 wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > My Treo 650 was running AOL with no problems up until this weekend.
    >
    > When I click on the AOL icon and sign on, it checks on the password but no
    > connection is established. It goes to Starting Services.and will prompt an
    > error after a bit. "Failed to establish services".
    >
    > However, I have been able to establish connections running Auto AOL. Mail
    > is sent and received.
    >
    > I deleted the AOL application, reset the device, pulled the battery out,
    > reinstalled AOL by setting up the AOL 3.3.prc and resync, but that didn't
    > work.
    >
    > Any suggestions
    >
    >


    I don't know what auto aol is, but I just worked on a computer last week with
    this same error when trying to connect to AOL. It turned out to be malware
    that had messed with the winsock. Her's was called NewDot and was listed in
    the add/remove programs. I removed newdot using add/remove and all was well
    again. Ran antivirus and spybot and nothing else was found.

    Your mileage may differ.

    incognito
     
    incognito, Feb 23, 2006
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. naftali

    VOIP on Palm Treo 650

    naftali, Apr 8, 2006, in forum: VOIP
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    553
    naftali
    Apr 8, 2006
  2. =?Utf-8?B?VmluaQ==?=

    Outlook express (out of office) & Treo 650 probs

    =?Utf-8?B?VmluaQ==?=, May 8, 2006, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    3,621
    Jim Nugent
    May 31, 2006
  3. Tass

    Program for Inventory for Palm Treo 650

    Tass, Mar 22, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    637
    pcbutts1
    Mar 22, 2007
  4. Hyms BB

    Motorola Q - Treo 650 Killer?

    Hyms BB, May 27, 2007, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    391
    Robert Coe
    May 29, 2007
  5. Peter

    Treo 650 Vodafone or Telecom?|

    Peter, Mar 27, 2005, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    361
    ChrisOD
    Mar 27, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page