    Vista normally.

    TIA

    , Apr 25, 2007

  2. Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:38:06 -0700, wrote:

    > Yes, I know, AOL Kaspersky is NOT compatible with Vista. I found out
    > a little too late. The installation crashed and now Vista will not
    > boot... crashing and then rebooting automatically.
    >
    > I have tried to boot in Safe Mode and uninstalling Kaspersky but it
    > won't even do that, giving me an error that some services are not
    > available or something.
    >
    > I also tried going in msconfig and disabling it that way so I can
    > reboot and remove it, still a no go. Tried going to a previous
    > restore point but that won't load even.
    >
    > So someone help me remove this Kaspersky software so I can boot in
    > Vista normally.
    >
    > TIA

    <chuckle> AOL and Vista both fucked :)

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    Aardvark, Apr 25, 2007

  3. Mr. Arnold Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Yes, I know, AOL Kaspersky is NOT compatible with Vista. I found out
    > a little too late. The installation crashed and now Vista will not
    > boot... crashing and then rebooting automatically.
    >
    > I have tried to boot in Safe Mode and uninstalling Kaspersky but it
    > won't even do that, giving me an error that some services are not
    > available or something.
    >
    > I also tried going in msconfig and disabling it that way so I can
    > reboot and remove it, still a no go. Tried going to a previous
    > restore point but that won't load even.
    >
    > So someone help me remove this Kaspersky software so I can boot in
    > Vista normally.

    Your best bet is to post to an AV NG like alt.comp.antivirus.

    Or go to the correct NG to get help with Vista.

    Vista Newsgroups can be found on msnews.microsoft.com, which currently
    provides the following:
    a.. microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    b.. microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_account_passwords
    c.. microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
    d.. microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
    e.. microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
    f.. microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
    g.. microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
    h.. microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
    i.. microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
    j.. microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
    BTW, Nod32's AV Vista version runs like a champ on Vista Home Premium on
    this laptop. The 30 day trial version, which I'll buy after the 30 days. ;-)

    Mr. Arnold, Apr 25, 2007
  4. On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:40:48 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:38:06 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, I know, AOL Kaspersky is NOT compatible with Vista. I found out
    >> a little too late. The installation crashed and now Vista will not
    >> boot... crashing and then rebooting automatically.
    >>
    >> I have tried to boot in Safe Mode and uninstalling Kaspersky but it
    >> won't even do that, giving me an error that some services are not
    >> available or something.
    >>
    >> I also tried going in msconfig and disabling it that way so I can
    >> reboot and remove it, still a no go. Tried going to a previous
    >> restore point but that won't load even.
    >>
    >> So someone help me remove this Kaspersky software so I can boot in
    >> Vista normally.
    >>
    >> TIA

    > <chuckle> AOL and Vista both fucked :)

    AOHell & Fista, what a combination! <snort>

    --
    M$ Fista, or as it's now known ME-II
    Install Fista in TWO minutes!

    William Poaster, Apr 25, 2007
  5. Mr. Arnold Guest

    "William Poaster" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:40:48 +0000, Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:38:06 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes, I know, AOL Kaspersky is NOT compatible with Vista. I found out
    >>> a little too late. The installation crashed and now Vista will not
    >>> boot... crashing and then rebooting automatically.
    >>>
    >>> I have tried to boot in Safe Mode and uninstalling Kaspersky but it
    >>> won't even do that, giving me an error that some services are not
    >>> available or something.
    >>>
    >>> I also tried going in msconfig and disabling it that way so I can
    >>> reboot and remove it, still a no go. Tried going to a previous
    >>> restore point but that won't load even.
    >>>
    >>> So someone help me remove this Kaspersky software so I can boot in
    >>> Vista normally.
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >> <chuckle> AOL and Vista both fucked :)

    > AOHell & Fista, what a combination! <snort>

    You ask for help and this is what you get. Some people in this NG are
    trifling.

    Mr. Arnold, Apr 25, 2007
  6. Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:12:08 +0000, Mr. Arnold wrote:

    >>> <chuckle> AOL and Vista both fucked :)

    >> AOHell & Fista, what a combination! <snort>
    >>

    > You ask for help and this is what you get. Some people in this NG are
    > trifling.

    LOL yeah. How right you are.

    Aardvark, Apr 25, 2007
  7. Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message

    >>> AOHell & Fista, what a combination! <snort>
    >>>

    >> You ask for help and this is what you get. Some people in this NG are
    >> trifling.

    > LOL yeah. How right you are.
    >
    > --
    > Registered Linux User 413057.
    > Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    > You can have it all. My empire of hurt.

    Should I be more specific? It's typical Linux madness. I use Linux myself.
    However, I have not gone insane in the membrane and insane in the brain
    about some O/S written by fallible Human Beings.

    Mr. Arnold, Apr 25, 2007
  8. Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:52:59 +0000, Mr. Arnold wrote:

    > Should I be more specific? It's typical Linux madness. I use Linux myself.
    > However, I have not gone insane in the membrane and insane in the brain
    > about some O/S written by fallible Human Beings.

    Hmmmm. A Cypress Hill fan, eh? Been into rap/hip-hop since the early days
    myself.

    My OP had nothing to do with Linux, as it happens. Everything I've heard
    about Vista has been negative, starting with the price. The thin end of
    that particular wedge started with XP, the last phone-home
    not-quite-owned-by-me-even-though-I-payed-for-the-damn-thing produced by
    M$ I'll ever use.

    Aardvark, Apr 25, 2007
  9. why? Guest

    On 25 Apr 2007 10:38:06 -0700, lukus2005@ wrote:

    >Yes, I know, AOL Kaspersky is NOT compatible with Vista. I found out

    Well that's really funny combination.

    You mean this bit?
    http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp?
    Easy-to-install, works with most Windows® operating systems. (Windows
    98, 2000, ME & XP)

    Mind you that list doesn't include
    http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/more_info.adp
    Support Microsoft Windows XP x64

    Found this as well :)
    http://www.mechbgon.com/build/kaspersky.html
    The free AOL Kaspersky doesn't work on Windows Vista.

    >a little too late. The installation crashed and now Vista will not
    >boot... crashing and then rebooting automatically.
    >
    >I have tried to boot in Safe Mode and uninstalling Kaspersky but it
    >won't even do that, giving me an error that some services are not
    >available or something.

    This won't help then
    http://www.free-antivirus.info/antivirus/aol-active-virus-shield-kaspersky-antivirus.html
    After installing the antivirus on another Windows 2000 system, we
    repeatedly encountered blue screens during the boot process. We were
    unable to remove the software from the computer, as the system would
    boot only to die with a blue screen a few moments later. (All other
    antivirus software were removed from this machine prior to the
    installation). AOL Active Virus Shield did not succeed in uninstalling
    itself in Windows Safe Mode, so we had to download the special
    uninstaller from the Kaspersky website, boot to the safe mode, and then
    execute avp_remove.cmd. Later, we discovered that the inbuilt help
    system FAQ suggests that you boot into the safe mode, uncheck "Run
    Active Virus Shield on system startup”, and reboot. Unfortunately, the
    web version of the FAQ does not have this information.

    <end of article>

    However, a lot of support information is available at the Kaspersky
    Antivirus knowledge base http://www.kaspersky.com/faq?chapter=183932487
    and forums http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php.

    >I also tried going in msconfig and disabling it that way so I can
    >reboot and remove it, still a no go. Tried going to a previous
    >restore point but that won't load even.

    Safe mode, command prompt or Vista CD/DVD boot to recovery console if
    you can rename the aol-K files or at least 1 file so it won't be
    found??? or maybe not.

    http://informationsecurityawareness.info/active-virus-shield-by-aol/
    Comment from editor on November 11th, 2006 :

    Never tried to uninstall, as AVS by AOL works good for now. Try
    restarting windows in safe mode, open command prompt (start > run > cmd)
    and type in:

    del C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\klif.sys /F

    If it`s ok, restart computer

    <rest snipped>

    why?, Apr 25, 2007
  10. Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:52:59 +0000, Mr. Arnold wrote:
    >

    >> Should I be more specific? It's typical Linux madness. I use Linux
    >> myself.
    >> However, I have not gone insane in the membrane and insane in the brain
    >> about some O/S written by fallible Human Beings.

    > Hmmmm. A Cypress Hill fan, eh? Been into rap/hip-hop since the early days
    > myself.
    >
    > My OP had nothing to do with Linux, as it happens. Everything I've heard
    > about Vista has been negative, starting with the price. The thin end of
    > that particular wedge started with XP, the last phone-home
    > not-quite-owned-by-me-even-though-I-payed-for-the-damn-thing produced by
    > M$ I'll ever use.

    I can't and won't quivel about such things. I even brought the paid for
    version of Suse Linux and went on about my business.

    I just brought a HP Pavilion dv9000 Entertainment laptop running Vista Home
    Premium this past Sunday, because my old Compaq laptop became a door stop
    when it went out. All I can say is that this laptop is fabulous, I am
    please with Vista and nothing else needs to be said. I might go to Vista
    Ultimate but Home Premium allows me to do .NET development.

    Mr. Arnold, Apr 25, 2007
  11. On or about Wednesday 25 Apr 2007 8:58 pm, Aardvark issued this message:

    >>> AOHell & Fista, what a combination! <snort>
    >>>

    >> You ask for help and this is what you get. Some people in this NG are
    >> trifling.

    > LOL yeah. How right you are.

    He should know, DooInane Arnold's one of the trifling. After all, he's just a
    troll who's been whacked in virtually every ng he's been in. Oh yeah, you may
    find he claims to use linux too, funny he knows next to sod all about it.

    William Poaster, Apr 25, 2007
  12. Mr. Arnold Guest

    >>> You ask for help and this is what you get. Some people in this NG are
    >>> trifling.

    >> LOL yeah. How right you are.
    >>

    > He should know, DooInane Arnold's one of the trifling. After all, he's
    > just a
    > troll who's been whacked in virtually every ng he's been in. Oh yeah, you
    > may
    > find he claims to use linux too, funny he knows next to sod all about it.

    Sir Billy Poaster is a *clown*. I only frequent 7 NG(s) and I have not seen
    this *clown* in any of them, except for this one and a Suse NG. In other
    words, I am being impersonated if this *clown* thinks he has seen me posting
    in other NG(s). And to top it all off, he is nothing but a pussy plonk and
    runner that will pussy plonk and run on his mother if she objects to what he
    is saying.

    I'll bet his mother is not using Linux. ;-)

    Mr. Arnold, Apr 25, 2007
  13. Mr. Arnold Guest

    One other thing, I have seen this *clown* post in the Suse NG as infrequent
    as that is and he is worthless.

    Mr. Arnold, Apr 25, 2007