    old.
    Even downloaded new software . nothing !
    Thanks for any help.
    Lonnie Reynolds, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Lonnie Reynolds

    Richard Guest

    Lonnie Reynolds wrote:

    > I have a problem with Instant Messenger.
    > When i click on the icon to start it does ( using ctl alt delete ) i can
    > see it running. But i see no screen and it does not appear in the task
    > bar. Nothing shows thats its running.
    > I am using Windows 98 SE.
    > It has been working fine. I have reinstalled the software after deleting
    > the old.
    > Even downloaded new software . nothing !
    > Thanks for any help.

    Might help if you were a customer of AOL.

    Try using another IM program.
    Richard, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Richard spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <>

    > Might help if you were a customer of AOL.
    >
    > Try using another IM program.

    Funny. I never have been, am not now, and never plan to be an AOL customer.
    I still have an AIM id and account...since they're free...

    NOI
    Thund3rstruck_N0i, Mar 2, 2004
  4. noacct spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <nx51c.40943$%>

    > I have a problem with Instant Messenger.
    > When i click on the icon to start it does ( using ctl alt delete ) i can
    > see it running. But i see no screen and it does not appear in the task
    > bar. Nothing shows thats its running.
    > I am using Windows 98 SE.
    > It has been working fine. I have reinstalled the software after deleting
    > the old.
    > Even downloaded new software . nothing !
    > Thanks for any help.

    Did you try to remove it via control panel/add&remove programs, rebooting
    in between the removal and reinstall process?

    NOI
    Thund3rstruck_N0i, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Thund3rstruck_N0i wrote:
    > Richard spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    > <>
    >
    >>Might help if you were a customer of AOL.
    >>
    >>Try using another IM program.

    > Funny. I never have been, am not now, and never plan to be an AOL customer.
    > I still have an AIM id and account...since they're free...
    >
    > NOI

    AIM will work without AOL. It's another problem. We've never had AOL
    here and have had AIM running lots of times - even before they bought
    ICQ from Mirabilis.
    Wyatt M. Portendt, Mar 3, 2004