    How I stop Instant messenger from popping up every time I open O.E.? I
    unchecked it from the startup list & the damn thing keeps popping up. OS XP

    ---

    bhb, Jul 31, 2004

  2. bhb

    °Mike° Guest

    Please disable the useless, broken AVG signature; it
    serves absolutely no purpose, and does not get
    automatically snipped in replies.

    As for your problem:

    Copy/paste the following into notepad and save it as
    a *.reg file. Merge the file into your registry by
    double clicking on it. Note that EVERYTHING between
    the [ and ] MUST be one line only, and there must be a
    blank line at the end.

    ***** <-- omit this line
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger]

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client]
    "PreventRun"=dword:00000001
    "PreventAutoRun"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\InstantMessaging]
    "ForceDisableIM"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express]
    "Hide Messenger"=dword:00000002

    ***** <-- omit this line

    On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:40:57 GMT, in
    <JjNOc.191944$IQ4.151320@attbi_s02>
    bhb scrawled:

    >How I stop Instant messenger from popping up every time I open O.E.? I
    >unchecked it from the startup list & the damn thing keeps popping up. OS XP

    <snip broken AVG signature>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 31, 2004

  3. bhb

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jul 31, 2004
  4. bhb

    bhb Guest

    Thanks.
    "bhb" <> wrote in message
    > How I stop Instant messenger from popping up every time I open O.E.? I
    > unchecked it from the startup list & the damn thing keeps popping up. OS

    XP

    > ---

    ---

    bhb, Aug 1, 2004
  5. bhb

    Jimmy Guest

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/messenger_removal.htm

    Jimmy, Aug 2, 2004
  6. bhb

    nota chance Guest

    Jimmy wrote:

    > http://www.theeldergeek.com/messenger_removal.htm
    >

    > bhb wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks.
    >> "bhb" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> How I stop Instant messenger from popping up every time I open O.E.? I
    >>> unchecked it from the startup list & the damn thing keeps popping up. OS

    >> XP
    >>

    >>> ---
    >>>

    >> ---

    also if you go under /run/ msconfig/ selective settings then startup
    setting scoll and turn of check box for the aol messenger. after next
    reboot it will not com on at startup

    I would use that if you wanted to use the feature but just not have it
    come on every time you startup your pc.

    nota chance, Aug 2, 2004