    AOL/Netscape apps show up a week later? The
    properties of these two apps state they were installed today but I sure
    didn't do it. AV and other checks are negative.
    frogwarts, Oct 19, 2003

  2. frogwarts

    Harrison Guest

    Does anyone else have access to this pc?

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 21:22:53 -0700, "frogwarts"
    <> wrote:

    >Win XP
    >
    >This evening I booted onto the net and a 'Netscape' browser arose, not the
    >usual MSN that I have been using.
    >I then checked - found AOL messaging and AOL broadband applications had also
    >been installed.
    >
    >I have never installed any AOL programs and never used Netscape. I'm at a
    >loss to explain how these programs became
    >installed. The only thing I DL'd today was a driver for my neighbor's Canon
    >BJ200e printer. Several days ago I was sent a
    >photo that could only be opened by RealOne and I DL'd it for use only and
    >that may be the answer except nowhere did it state that I was also dl'ing
    >these other apps.
    >
    >I suspect RealOne but that was several days ago so why would the
    >AOL/Netscape apps show up a week later? The
    >properties of these two apps state they were installed today but I sure
    >didn't do it. AV and other checks are negative.

    Skype:windowshelp
    Harrison, Oct 19, 2003

  3. frogwarts

    pcbutts1 Guest

    The AOL software by default will install when you install the Real One
    player. Netscape is part of AOL. Use add/remove programs to uninstall them.

    pcbutts1, Oct 19, 2003
  4. frogwarts

    moses Guest

    pcbutts 1:
    Thank you for your prompt and courteous response. I have done as you
    suggested although neither of the programs were listed. I went to the
    RealOne application and uninstalled it. My problems have not reappeared.

    Harrison:
    No one else has access to my PC - I have enough problems created by myself
    without anyone else contributing. I thank you for your response and I
    believe I have corrected the problem by getting rid of RealOne.

    moses, Oct 19, 2003
  5. frogwarts

    frogwarts Guest

    How did 'moses' get in there? Some month ago that was one of my NG munged
    address but I haven't used it in some time.
    Guess I have another problem!

    http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm

    frogwarts, Oct 19, 2003
  6. frogwarts

    Harrison Guest

    That must be something new with real one. I have it and never got
    netscape or aol as tag-alongs.
    Anyhow, glad you got it sorted.

    Harrison, Oct 19, 2003
  7. frogwarts

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You can still use Real One just do a custom install and deselect AOL.

    pcbutts1, Oct 19, 2003