AOL Help!!!

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Romkidda, Feb 19, 2007.

  1. Romkidda

    Romkidda Guest

    Hi,

    Apologies if this has been mentioned in the past but having a few
    problems (1 in partcular) so can anybody give me some advice?

    Firstly, my broadband connection is through AOL and everything has
    been fine.

    Recently purchased a laptop though so decided to have the PC connected
    to a wireless routher (Belkin54g) via an RJ45 ethernet connection and
    then my laptop connected through its wireless connection.

    I managed to get the PC to recognise the router and I get the internet
    working on the main PC but although my laptop can see the router no
    problem and connects easily (including it saying that the internet is
    connected when connected through the main PC - laptop has Vista by the
    way so it gives me these useless messages) to the router, I am unable
    to run the internet. I have tried to diagnose the problem and I have
    also tried it throuh a WEP encryption along with no encryption but
    still no internet.

    The router says that it should work with AOL (although the AOL website
    doesnt say anything about it) and as I am connected to it wirelessly I
    would expect it to work.

    My main concern is this stupid idea of having to log on using AOL that
    they seem to insist on. With my previous broadband connection it was
    simply just always on, didnt need this stupid logon screen, do you
    think this could be the issue?

    ANyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

    Thanks,

    Alex.

    P.S> No suggestions to leave AOL please, I know its a mistake - I dont
    need it to be told to me again! :)

    Romkidda, Feb 19, 2007